Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bert of the Forest posted:

Took my last final today, which means I was finally able to finish my entry!

In Holy Night, you have been instructed by the big man himself to light the Star of Bethlehem. But are you a bad enough Angel to pull it off? Or will Christmas be ruined forever?

Download link here: http://nicklives.itch.io/holy-night

Steam id: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bredgentleman

Your aesthetic reminds me of Rock of Ages. Good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Palpek posted:

The winner is....westborn for the effort put into the artwork and amazing execution.
Yay!

Star Warrior X posted:

I made a game!
This has some cool mechanics.

Kragger99 posted:

:gaben:
:siren:2. Create a new Steam Achievement::siren:

Shower with your Dad Simulator Holidays Edition.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Kragger99 posted:

:mario:
:siren:1. Game Creator Extraordinaire::siren:

For my game, I somewhat re-created the very terrible Home Alone video game from the SNES. Only this time you've got a gun!

I don't know.. really. Enjoy this crappy Gamemaker knockoff of a crappy movie tie-in platformer!

SteemgoonHolidayHomeAlone.zip

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 19, 2015

Smileyfax
Dec 30, 2008
I decided that making a board game sounded like an easy, fun idea. It was neither! Behold: The Steam Holiday Sale Board Game!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8762o1xesc2mik/Steam%20Holiday%20Sale%20Board%20Game.zip?dl=0

If I had another week and didn't have a million and one things on my plate this time of year I'd probably put a lot more effort into it, at least looks-wise. I haven't even played it myself, so here's hoping it isn't terrible!

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Was setting up the graphics and decided to use an array for the directions. Javascript didn't like it so I reverted it, did a search and replace for [ but forgot to put it on selected text only so it went through EVERYTHING and even though I panic quit and selected no to save, it seems to have saved..

Now dreamweaver crashes everytime I open it, presumably from all the error's its finding :11tea:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

:lesnick:
:siren:3. Show us your Spirit::siren:
We want you to show your holiday spirit by challenging or embarrassing yourself in the name of the season. This one is limited only by your imagination and local law enforcement, but here are a few examples to get you started:
• Dress up as your favorite character, and deliver food to a shelter
• Cook a full holiday feast and blend it into a giant smoothie, then drink it on camera
• Write a season appropriate song about gaming, then perform it for all to hear

So for my final entry into this EPIC thread, I threw myself down a hill to make fun out of EPIC PRANK video stuff on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZDVkzomisw
In embarrassing myself on SA by posting my terrible comedy channel, there was also a small gang of spectators watching me throw myself down a hill a few times for this shot, so that probably counts too.

Merry Christmas, goons.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 19, 2015

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Merry Christmas, goons.
You've inspired me to work on my awful entry some more and embarrass myself.

Edit:

Kragger99 posted:

We want you to show your holiday spirit by challenging or embarrassing yourself in the name of the season. This one is limited only by your imagination and local law enforcement, but here are a few examples to get you started:
• Dress up as your favorite character, and deliver food to a shelter
• Cook a full holiday feast and blend it into a giant smoothie, then drink it on camera
• Write a season appropriate song about gaming, then perform it for all to hear
What have I done? Happy Holidays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYGgMzrw40

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 19, 2015

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Well, I already entered one contest, might as well enter them all!

For my second entry, I did some achievements and cards for my PREVIOUS entry in the contest, A Very Bloodborne Christmas! Coming Soon(never) To Steam!

Achievements

Cards

^^^This is by far the best one. I am unreasonably proud of this^^^

gently caress it, the only part of this I haven't done yet is emotes, so, here's some emotes!

cYn
Apr 1, 2008
Finishing off my "game" tonight. It's quite poo poo so far.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
gently caress it, my game is ... :airquote: done :airquote:

http://qqq.x10host.com/c_index.html

E:

Jamfrost posted:

I guess Garfield grew very tired of lasagna.

Yeah its based on an Icelandic Tradition of a massive cat that goes about eating people who don't have new clothes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_Cat

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 20, 2015

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

A LOVELY LAD posted:

http://qqq.x10host.com/c_index.html

I guess Garfield grew very tired of lasagna.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Ate 28 Folk, Mis-ate 1 before succumbing to snowballs. GOTY.

Kragger99 posted:

Threw something stupid together for participation's sake.

When's the actual deadline? I don't think I'll finish a game entry anway, but would be nice to know.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
We're ending it tonight so we can have the judging done for the start of the sale.
So in about 6-8 hours from now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Aw, junk, I thought the deadline was tomorrow. This game won't be finished by today :(

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

We were also sort of relying on the pre-announced deadline and it will be tough to rush things out.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
You're totally right. It's open until Monday. Lets close it off at 6PM MST (which will be 1:00 AM GMT on the Tuesday).
I'll get in touch with the judges so that can judge what we have already, so it's not too much on the Monday.

I just want the spending sprees ready to go when the sale starts :)

Please try to finish up any entries you were planning, and thanks to all the entrants thus far!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Thanks, we really appreciate you leaving entries open until then.

cYn
Apr 1, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

You're totally right. It's open until Monday. Lets close it off at 6PM MST (which will be 1:00 AM GMT on the Tuesday).
I'll get in touch with the judges so that can judge what we have already, so it's not too much on the Monday.

I just want the spending sprees ready to go when the sale starts :)

Please try to finish up any entries you were planning, and thanks to all the entrants thus far!

In that case I'll add some polish.

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Kragger99 posted:

Didn't have much time to work on these this year, but who does? It's always fun to put Christmas lights and sweaters on things and watching what other people make for the contests. To you I present a pair of cards and an emote!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Kragger99 posted:

We're bringing back the game making competition for the fourth year in a row. You've got two weeks to make a ‘holiday’ themed game, which can be a puzzle, an interactive story, a flash game (also here), or an adventure game. If you need help, you can probably find it in the Game Making Megathread.

Formats accepted: If it can be loosely considered a game and the judges can play it, we'll accept it, even a board game. But please build/draw/construct something for the game. Post more than just your idea.

Prizes:
First Place: $100 spending spree
Second Place: $60 spending spree
Third Place: $25 spending spree

I made a game :toot: When a madman threatens to nuke the world if Santa doesn't give him a present, Santa's hand is forced. Collect keys to make your way up the tower. Featuring multiple endings! Minutes of gameplay!

Please let me know if there are any problems so I can worry about it helplessly since I'm working tomorrow. I'm mostly kidding.

also has anyone figured out the code in the OP? i tried a simple cryptogram but more or less instantly gave up

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 21, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Sprites made, groundwork laid, the title and ending screens work, now I just gotta fit the planned content in between. What was that quote by Leonard Bernstein...? :allears:

Thanks for leaving entries open, Kragger!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

RoboCicero posted:

also has anyone figured out the code in the OP? i tried a simple cryptogram but more or less instantly gave up

There's more beside the anagram?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Oh, it was an anagram. Well, that's that solved.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
The new Tomb Raider Holiday edition brings all of the fun, pain, agonizing pain, and holiday cheer you've come to expect from the series. Thanks Kragger for keepin entries open, was looking forward to making some cards/chevos again this year:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bredgentleman

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Donald Trump Saves Christmas!

For those of you who don't wish to download, here is a full run-through of the game from an earlier build, it features mostly everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9dbs_8L1uA

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 21, 2015

cYn
Apr 1, 2008
This took too long to make.

Sleigher:
Oh no someone has stolen Santa's gifts and the reindeer are missing!
Surf a T pose santa down the ski jump and try to reclaim the gift floating in the uh magic ring.

Control:
SPACE - try again (you'll need this)
LEFT MOUSE - boost

/edit Oh forgot to say hold down left mouse for bullet time...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15424939/Sleigher.rar

cYn fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 21, 2015

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Pretty much every game in here is brilliant

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DOWNLOAD HERE

O CHRISTMAS TREE is a stealth action video game. You are KENICHI, a Japanese American who just wants his kids to have a nice Christmas tree. Unfortunately, there are none for sale. Suddenly, he finds a very big and nice-looking tree. It even has a nice smell, though perhaps not one of a Christmas tree. Strangely, as soon as he picks it up, he is hunted by the police. Can you bring home a happy Christmas, or will you spend it in the county jail?

a game inspired by afroman's colt 45 christmas

requires xna packages and all that other poo poo to run

i am defeated, i reached the deadline and only implemented half the poo poo i wanted to, such as the npcs, exposition, and i forgot to call the alt sprites for the trees. you can find evidence of their existence in the game files :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 22, 2015

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Awesome - I was just about to ping you to see if you had it ready.

Okay gang, :siren: Contest is Over! :siren:

We'll start the judging now, and post the winners shortly before the sale starts on Tuesday.

Thanks to all the entrants! Some real gems in here.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

So for my final entry into this EPIC thread, I threw myself down a hill to make fun out of EPIC PRANK video stuff on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZDVkzomisw
In embarrassing myself on SA by posting my terrible comedy channel, there was also a small gang of spectators watching me throw myself down a hill a few times for this shot, so that probably counts too.

Merry Christmas, goons.

While going down that hill your hair looked like Cousin Itt trying to lose his virginity. Awesome stuff.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Ragequit posted:

While going down that hill your hair looked like Cousin Itt trying to lose his virginity. Awesome stuff.

Thanks for the future sketch idea

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
First, let me thank all the entrants for all the effort put in. There's some really great ones as per normal :)
And also to the judges for the quick turnaround on the judging so that we could both give enough time for all the entrants, and also have the results for the start of the sale.

Lets get to it.
:snoop: Here's the results:

First Place: $100 spending spree: Atoramos for the timely and well done Trump Saves Christmas.
Second Place: $60 spending spree: Amstrad for the Home Alone platformer that is better than the real game Horrid Henry. Not saying your game isn't real, but you can't buy it on Steam... yet.
Third Place: $25 spending spree: we have a tie! Instead of doing the tie breaker where you have to prove you love anime more than the other guy/girl, we're paying out both entrants. RoboCicero for the Santa Claus 4 platformer and cYn for the Sleigher ski jump through a ring (Christmas goatse?).

Please add me on Steam, and I'll take care of your prizes. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kragger99/

Prizes:
First Place: $60 spending spree: Bert of the Forrest for the Tomb Raider Holiday Edition cards and cheevos.
Second Place: $40 spending spree: Gromit for the Elite Dangerous cards and cheevos.
Third Place: $20 spending spree: Westborn for the Shower with your Dad Holiday Edition cards and cheevos. (Ghost of Butowski offered up the prize for this one, so he'll be adding you).

Unfortunately for this one, we only had 3 entries, so we will pay out first place as normal, and get second and third something decent off your wishlists.

Prizes:
First Place: $60 spending spree: Nemesis of Moles for his EPIC Smoke Weed Every Day rolling down the green Christmas hill EPIC stunt. I had an absolute blast watching this, and it reminded me of a Tim and Eric sketch.
Second Place: wishlist item: Jamfrost for his funny and appropriate Steam Holiday Christmas Sale song with beat box at the end.
Third Place: wishlist item: Westborn for his Christmas Spirit and forest of Christmas trees.

For contests 2 and 3, please add Fart of Presto to claim your sprees
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fartofpresto/

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 22, 2015

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Kragger99 posted:

First, let me thank all the entrants for all the effort put in. There's some really great ones as per normal :)
And also to the judges for the quick turnaround on the judging so that we could both give enough time for all the entrants, and also have the results for the start of the sale.

Thanks for another fun Holiday Contest!
Congrats to the winners!

Ghost of Butowski already contacted me for my Achievements prize, and I've added this gem to my wishlist for the Spirit prize - that's about what a low effort default win deserves.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

Prizes:
First Place: $60 spending spree: Nemesis of Moles for his EPIC Smoke Weed Every Day rolling down the green Christmas hill EPIC stunt. I had an absolute blast watching this, and it reminded me of a Tim and Eric sketch.
Second Place: wishlist item: Jamfrost for his funny and appropriate Steam Holiday Christmas Sale song with beat box at the end.
Third Place: wishlist item: Westborn for his Christmas Spirit and forest of Christmas trees.

Thank you for the most EPIC gift of all. Steam games.

No seriously this is rad, thank you guy so much, and thanks everyone for all the awesome stuff in this thread. The Games contest specifically had holy poo poo so many really rad entries!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Kragger99 posted:

Prizes:
Second Place: $40 spending spree: Gromit for the Elite Dangerous cards and cheevos.

For contests 2 and 3, please add Fart of Presto to claim your sprees
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fartofpresto/

Thanks guys for another great competition. Pity you didn't get more interest, but then the game-making one really seemed to take off towards the end.
We're already friends, Farty.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
The contributions were worth the wait, good one, as always!

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Kragger99 posted:

First Place: $100 spending spree: Atoramos for the timely and well done Trump Saves Christmas.
Second Place: $60 spending spree: Amstrad for the Home Alone platformer that is better than the real game Horrid Henry. Not saying your game isn't real, but you can't buy it on Steam... yet.
Third Place: $25 spending spree: we have a tie! Instead of doing the tie breaker where you have to prove you love anime more than the other guy/girl, we're paying out both entrants. RoboCicero for the Santa Claus 4 platformer and cYn for the Sleigher ski jump through a ring (Christmas goatse?).

Wow.. I was completely unaware that someone had already remade Home Alone as a serious commercial endeavor.
Congrats to all the other winners!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Kragger99 posted:

Ah man we're really glad everyone enjoyed the game! I added you a few days back Kragger, and thanks for the awesome contest.

cYn
Apr 1, 2008
Thanks folks, thanks Kragger. I learned how to do split screen, so that's a thing. Hopefully someone has fun playing my game, I find it amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!

Kragger99 posted:

Prizes:
First Place: $60 spending spree: Bert of the Forrest for the Tomb Raider Holiday Edition cards and cheevos.

Woo! Well this was a pleasant surprise! Thank you guys once again for holding the contest again this year; always been a fun tradition and wow, so many holiday games made this year. Really oughta compile a big list to spread that goofy stuff around every year for people to play; I'm amazed at what some of you managed to churn out!

Oh, and I believe I'm already friends with ya Fart of Presto- though mind I might be gone for a bit this morning while I'm on my snowy commute but I should be around the rest of the day otherwise!

Happy Holidays, Goonians!

• Locked thread