Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Beyonce:
"On the ceiling! (On the ceiling!)
On the ceiling! (On the ceiling!)"

All the seagul eggs (all the seagull eggs)
On this thing of lettuce (on this thing of lettuce)

...goddammit that's more food, what is wrong with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

dirksteadfast posted:

Dude, I think you're overdoing your diet.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

dirksteadfast posted:

Ah yes, I too enjoy a healthy breakfast of seagull eggs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can't find a Vedder man.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I said I don't want a whale in a box or a bag

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I always thought Steve Miller was singing, "Big hotel and a lighthouse, don't carry me too far away."

B.H. Facials has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Jul 31, 2016

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Beyonce:
"On the ceiling! (On the ceiling!)
On the ceiling! (On the ceiling!)"

I thought it was "I'm a cigarette! I'm a cigarette!"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

B.H. Facials posted:

I always thought Steve Miller was singing, "Big hotel and a lighthouse, don't carry me too far away."

I thought it was "Big Old Jed and Lionel, don't carry me too far away."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Celery Face posted:

I said I don't want a whale in a box or a bag

That whole song is completely incomprehensible.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

B.H. Facials posted:

"Big ole Jack and Lino
Don't care if he too far away"

e:
"I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you.
Although nobody heard you
I'll stand by you"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love rock and roll, so smoke another dime and dance with me.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

sticklefifer posted:

The Police: "I'm a pool hall ace/with every step you take."

Sung along to that for years before learning it was "How my poor heart aches".

I thought those were the correct lyrics for like 30years. I also ate paint chips as a kid, evidently.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

A long time ago I used to think that the chorus of that AC/DC song was "You should be all right now".

In Tiny Dancer, I used to think until a few years ago that Elton sang "lay me down in sheets of leather", which sounded very uncomfortable.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I keep hearing Toto's "I bless the rains down in Africa" as "I guess it rains down in Africa"

:nallears:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Until right now it thought it was "I miss the rains".

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lord Hydronium posted:

A long time ago I used to think that the chorus of that AC/DC song was "You should be all right now".

In Tiny Dancer, I used to think until a few years ago that Elton sang "lay me down in sheets of leather", which sounded very uncomfortable.

I thought it was "sheets of lead". Like he was radioactive, or something? I don't know.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

Until right now it thought it was "I miss the rains".

Same.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, I still confuse "We'll carry on" in the chorus with "We're carrion". And it still works with the rest of the song.

I swear I'm not a nihilist.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Apparently I posted this already a while back.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Jan 2, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Fister Roboto posted:

That whole song is completely incomprehensible.

Oh, come on. What part of "on a wizard, on a whale" don't you understand?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sonata Arctica has always been one of the biggest offenders for me. In "The Last of this Chapter" whose lyrics are about a creepy stalker who slowly gets closer and closer to his ex, I had always heard the line:

You had killed a man,
It looks good on you

(You have new love, and
It looks good on you)

And in "Broken" also by them, I had to look up the lyrics. Turns out the real line wasn't half as violent as I thought, but I cannot for the love of me hear the "right" line :confused:

Do you really know me? I want to kill a cat

(Do you really know me? I might be a God)

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I realized today I've been mishearing about half of Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" album for the past couple decades.

Also seconding this. Although not from that album, the first time I heard "Big guns" I missed a line and became convinced that the song was about a pre-op trans girl:

She got the big guns
(garbled)
Bang bang shooting like a firing squad

(The missing line is "pointed at my heart")

Shellception has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Jan 2, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't think sweisstustik (???) both bears straight down Sancho's throat.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Feeling like a ham and mustard shake

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
N'thing that "Ask all my Starbucks Lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane" is what Taylor Swift actually sings in Blank Space.

I always heard the opening lyric to Shook Me All Night Long as "She was a sex machine", which, let's be fair, fits in pretty drat well.

Also, had no idea it was "Soy un peredor" (or what the gently caress ever that was), always heard it as "Sooooooo, there's the door!", like, "Hey bitch, why don't you just get the gently caress out if you hate me so much?" Also kinda fits with the song.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

"Yeah ride, ride, come on to a Jewish life."

"Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light"

Blondie, Heart of Glass

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If there's a bustle in your hedgehog, don't be alarmed now. It's just a sprinkling for the baking.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think sweisstustik (???) both bears straight down Sancho's throat.

WELL LIFE ISH SO LOVE THE ONE YA GOT

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Don't cry for me, Argentina/
The truth is I never loved you

I was like, drat, that's cold.

BDSM-IV
Sep 22, 2016
Batteries not included.
Not only did I think that Daft Punk's "Lose Yourself to Dance" was "You Just Have to Dance", but I also realized that it sounds like "You Just Sucked a Dick", and now that's all I can hear when the song is playing.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Near-Earth oceloid posted:

Not only did I think that Daft Punk's "Lose Yourself to Dance" was "You Just Have to Dance", but I also realized that it sounds like "You Just Sucked a Dick", and now that's all I can hear when the song is playing.

God drat it.

Well, thanks for that.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

From 'Kimnotyze' (Lil' Kim, Trooper Da Don, DJ Tomekk)

"What you know about high Daleks on a Escalade" - should be hydraulics, obviously
and later in the same song
"Mein Pferd, das brennt lichterloh" - should be "Mein Feuer, das brennt lichterloh", because his fire is ablaze, and not his horse.

Also from roughly the same time, '1, 2, 3, rhymes galore' (Dj Tomekk, Flavor Flav, and others)

"Ehhhh, sleep a dish, I love Eugene, go catch a fish", which was Flav's attempt at singing "Iiiiiich liebe dich, I love you G', go catch your fish"

Yeah, the mid-90's US-Germany hip hop collabs produced some weird stuff.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
"Oh place your hands on my hole, run your fingers through my soul" - how I always hear the opening lines of Place Your Hands.

Actual version - "place your hands on my hope".

I thought it sounded like it was about sex, welp, it's actually about the death of one of the band member's dad or grandfather.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's still pretty sexy.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Fister Roboto posted:

If there's a bustle in your hedgehog, don't be alarmed now. It's just a sprinkling for the baking.

"There's a lady ashore, her lip glitters with gold..."

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I always wondered why Prince was so keen on raspberry parfait, the kind you get at the second hand store.

beret

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Meander posted:

I always wondered why Prince was so keen on raspberry parfait, the kind you get at the second hand store.

beret

You think that's bad, for years I thought it was "Ride, Spirit of Flame! The kind you find in a second hand song."

It was Prince, it didn't need to make sense.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

"When I needed sunshine up my brain."
-The Monkees, "I'm a Believer"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

yo rear end is grass posted:

"When I needed sunshine up my brain."
-The Monkees, "I'm a Believer"

Me: "I'm not to step in stone."

The Monkees: "I'm not your steppin' stone."

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just realized Paperback Writer's lyric is "It's a dirty story of a dirty man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand."
I always thought it was his "cleaning wife," because he was so dirty she was always cleaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought Paul Young was singing "sense of a doughnut". It was "senza una donna". I was 13.

• Locked thread