Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AFewBricksShy posted:

Steve Miller Band: Big 'ol Jet airliner, misheard as "Big ol' Jed left a light on".

In a similar vein, someone once told me they heard the chorus of Jungle Love ("Jungle love is drivin' me mad") as "Chug-a-lug, strawberry man" and it works way better than it should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A repeated line in the song "Candy Shop" by Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire makes it sound for all the world like lead singer Andrew Bird intends to set fire to the listener's grandma

I had to look it up to find out that he's actually saying "I'm going to set fire to your glamour" instead :downs:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh, that's from that song Hair Jealousy, right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g

I have an erection
I have an erection
I have an erection
I have an erection

related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE

We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get it up, aw :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I was about to correct you and say it's "checks for free", but nope, turns out it actually is "chicks". Huh.

I've been told this and refuse to change my mind on what the lyrics are

"Checks for free" fits with the message of the song, while rock stars' chicks are actually quite expensive

• Locked thread