Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Ever realize one day that you've been singing the wrong words to your favorite song for years? That's what this thread is for.
Yes, we're all idiots with hearing problems.

Nightwish:
Pretty much all of it.

Alanis Morissette, You Oughta Know:
"The cross I bear that ya gave to me." misheard as "The cross-eyed bear that ya gave to me."

Van Halen, When its Love:
"Waiting for someone to come into focus, teach you your final love lesson." misheard as "Waiting for someone to come and do gently caress-rear end, teach you your final love lesson."

Bangles, Going Down to Liverpool:
"I'm going down to Liverpool to do nothing all the days of my life." misheard as "I'm going down to Liverpool to ignore the pain all the days of my life."

Pantera, Cemetery Gates:
"Reverend, reverend, is this some conspiracy?" misheard as "Red rum, red rum, is this some conspiracy?"

What songs have you managed to mangle in the space between your ears and brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I always heard it as "Take the biggest snowball"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

not song lyric, but related: I remember watching Beetlejuice when i was about 8 or 9 and hearing the case worker lady say: "and not some mere parlor trick" but my babby brain didn't process it as her having an accent, so i got really confused and asked my mom what a "mia pah-latrick" was.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

for years i thought madonna was singing "Young girl with eyes like te amo"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Poison, Ride the Wind:
"Where eagles and angels dare to fly" misheard as "Where eagles and angels are pedophiles."

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

In the opening credits to American Horror Story, i swear that synth sound thing is saying "Orange Cat".

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Type O Negative "Love You To Death"
Actual lyrics: "The beast inside of me is gonna getcha."
Misheard as: "The beast of sodomy is gonna getcha."

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

You have the best red text on this website.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Bangles, Return Post

Actual Lyrics: "Take a drink, I'm staring out the window."
Misheard as: "Take me, Chink, I'm staring at the window."

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I realized today I've been mishearing about half of Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" album for the past couple decades.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I'll be damned. I thought "The Flame" by Cheap Trick went: "Whenever you need someone to lay your heart in heaven's palms"
its actually "Whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon."
Still think i like my brain's version better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Hole, Celebrity Skin:
Misheard as: You live for garbage, you live for dresses. can you stand up or will you just fall down?
Actual: Beautiful garbage, beautiful dresses. Can you stand up or will you just fall down?
and at the end...
Misheard: You wanna part of me? Well i'm not selling sheep. No im not selling sheep.
Actual: You wanna part of me? Well im not selling cheap. No i'm not selling cheap.

• Locked thread