Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Another one from my apparently deaf wife.
Jonathan Coulton's song A Talk With George starts with the words "There's a tall thin man standing in the shadows"
Which to her ears was "There's a dolphin man standing in the shadows"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBwGbCNoUI

Good god I feel stupid
I pictured a sailor like Ahab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
The Offspring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy

As heard by very young me: "The world needs one-eyed pizza / hey hey do that brand new thing!"

What I grew to hear: "The world needs one-of-these-ah / hey hey do that brand new thing!"

What I realized today are the real words: "The world needs wannabees / hey hey do the brand new thing!"

...And when I looked up to confirm this, I've misheard most of this song for 20 years?
"You know it's kind of hard just to get a lot along today"
"Everything he likes lacks, well he makes a big up in denial"
"Don't debate deflate, play up it straight"
"In his own mind, he's the, he's dopest crap trick!"

• Locked thread