Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

A double misunderstanding:

Sting - Fields of Gold.

What I heard as a kid:
Many years have passed since sauce hollandaise
among the fields of Bali

What I was later told the lyrics were:
Many years have passed since those solemn days
among the fields of Bali

What the lyrics actually are:
Many years have passed since those summer days
among the fields of barley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

From 'Kimnotyze' (Lil' Kim, Trooper Da Don, DJ Tomekk)

"What you know about high Daleks on a Escalade" - should be hydraulics, obviously
and later in the same song
"Mein Pferd, das brennt lichterloh" - should be "Mein Feuer, das brennt lichterloh", because his fire is ablaze, and not his horse.

Also from roughly the same time, '1, 2, 3, rhymes galore' (Dj Tomekk, Flavor Flav, and others)

"Ehhhh, sleep a dish, I love Eugene, go catch a fish", which was Flav's attempt at singing "Iiiiiich liebe dich, I love you G', go catch your fish"

Yeah, the mid-90's US-Germany hip hop collabs produced some weird stuff.

• Locked thread