Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sonata Arctica has always been one of the biggest offenders for me. In "The Last of this Chapter" whose lyrics are about a creepy stalker who slowly gets closer and closer to his ex, I had always heard the line:

You had killed a man,
It looks good on you

(You have new love, and
It looks good on you)

And in "Broken" also by them, I had to look up the lyrics. Turns out the real line wasn't half as violent as I thought, but I cannot for the love of me hear the "right" line :confused:

Do you really know me? I want to kill a cat

(Do you really know me? I might be a God)

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I realized today I've been mishearing about half of Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" album for the past couple decades.

Also seconding this. Although not from that album, the first time I heard "Big guns" I missed a line and became convinced that the song was about a pre-op trans girl:

She got the big guns
(garbled)
Bang bang shooting like a firing squad

(The missing line is "pointed at my heart")

Shellception has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
"Shining hard dicks no more" -> "Shining heart beats no more"
Purple heart (Sabaton)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The whole song talks about veterans and fallen soldiers. It's actually very serious in tone, it's just that line doesn't seem to sound remotely close to what it should.

• Locked thread