Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I could believe that Israel is using loudspeakers on drones with crying baby sounds but I don't know if it's to lure people out because who the gently caress is going to go outside to investigate a creepy flying baby cry? I think it's probably more to just harass the gently caress out of people and keep them from sleeping. It's a common tactic that is used by riot police when they have suspects holed up in a house they will bring out loudspeakers and blast really annoying sounds like heavy metal music all night to keep the suspects from getting any sleep and thus they can resist much less effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Charliegrs posted:

I could believe that Israel is using loudspeakers on drones with crying baby sounds but I don't know if it's to lure people out because who the gently caress is going to go outside to investigate a creepy flying baby cry? I think it's probably more to just harass the gently caress out of people and keep them from sleeping. It's a common tactic that is used by riot police when they have suspects holed up in a house they will bring out loudspeakers and blast really annoying sounds like heavy metal music all night to keep the suspects from getting any sleep and thus they can resist much less effectively.

This interpretation makes it much more plausible to me. If it's less about luring someone in closer to the drone and more about forcing someone out of shelter, it doesn't matter how realistic the sound is, it just needs to be loud and annoying.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Paladinus posted:

This interpretation makes it much more plausible to me. If it's less about luring someone in closer to the drone and more about forcing someone out of shelter, it doesn't matter how realistic the sound is, it just needs to be loud and annoying.

Or you could use it to lure people out of shelter because they refuse to come otherwise, and you know that they are just human, and would respond to the cries of a child.

Now, why they would resist coming out of shelter for the IDF vs a crying child, well, I guess that’s a mystery.

Really stretching to give the benefit of the doubt to people who have lied to you over and over and over again. I just can’t make sense of that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Charliegrs posted:

I could believe that Israel is using loudspeakers on drones with crying baby sounds but I don't know if it's to lure people out because who the gently caress is going to go outside to investigate a creepy flying baby cry?

I dunno, someone who might think a child is trapped under rubble and desperately needs help, because they're human and not complete sociopaths?:wtc:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Hamas used the sounds of children playing to lure into an ambush IDF troops who wanted easy targets.

Israel plays the sounds of a crying baby to lure Palestinians who have empathy for children in distress.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
We're reaching extremely normal levels of people's brainsmelting when faced with basic decency and solidarity..

Adam Sessler, former host of the G4 show X-Play, apparently deleted his account after posting this. Bluesky account also seems to be gone.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was not expecting the dumb guy from XPlay to get cancelled for his geopolitics takes today. That was not on the old bingo board.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes Trump voters. Famously known for their anti Israel protests...

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Sephyr posted:

We're reaching extremely normal levels of people's brainsmelting when faced with basic decency and solidarity..

Adam Sessler, former host of the G4 show X-Play, apparently deleted his account after posting this. Bluesky account also seems to be gone.

I'm afraid to ask, but what's JVP?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Poor video game show host, murdered by Dril.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Szarrukin posted:

I'm afraid to ask, but what's JVP?

Jewish Voice for Peace

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

paul_soccer12 posted:

Bibi isn't the problem israel is the problem

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1783520372001825139

The media keeps letting this poo poo stain speak without pushback.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Iranian proxies Jewish Voice for Peace

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

looks like the texan protesters regrouped and added many more to their numbers

https://twitter.com/RyanChandlerTV/status/1783548606726713421

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Nonsense posted:

It really is just repurposed anticommunist rhetoric.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Nonsense posted:

Very strong irony of a group labeled "Anti-Defamation" making incredibly defamatory remarks about JVP and other groups.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nucleic Acids posted:

It really is just repurposed anticommunist rhetoric.

America loves a good witch hunt.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nonsense posted:

the pro-defamation league

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Sephyr posted:

I used to watch the show so I had followed him when I made my BS account.

He went crazy on 10/7 so i unfollowed him shortly after. Thanks for the update!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Yinlock posted:

the pro-defamation league

No kidding. This is a step beyond Ben Shapiro's old gatekeeping of 'real' jewish people.

But as others were saying, everything old is new again.

Anti-trans rhetoric is 90% just old anti-gay canards ("They can't breed so they have to recruit! They are a threat to children! They're mentally ill!")

Pro-ceasefire talk is attacked with the same "You're with the terrorists, huh, traitor?" talk that was the meat and drink of GWOT reaction.

Normally, the notion of ADL and Zionists going full "See, anti-zionist jews are actually the ones with dual loyalties, making matzo bread with baby blood, running all the evil banks and greedily doing anything for a buck. They totall ydid the Protocols!" would be too absurd to countenance, but some people are touching the plate already when presented with the reality of jewish participation in the anti-war side.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It makes a lot of sense when you learn that the ADL spied on anti-apartheid activists in the 80s on behalf of the South African government. In general learning about the links between Israel and Apartheid South Africa wasn't something I would have guessed, but made a lot of sense when I thought about it for a little.

The campus crackdowns are pretty funny in the sense that - peaceful protest -> violent crackdown -> protests become much larger - is such a solid pattern throughout history you'd think those in power would learn at some point. It mirrors how Israel believes that their depravity in Gaza will somehow destroy the will of the Palestinians and make them surrender, rather than the opposite. The consequences of a mindset based around dehumanization I suppose.

From everything I can see, Israel has lost in Gaza, they are not capable of destroying Hamas or retrieving the hostages. They've made themselves an international pariah state. The US is now shifting to outright blaming netanyahu, but his grip on power will be steady as long as he can prolong the war. I think it's going to get uglier before it gets better, but unless Israel can back away from the precipice they're on, they will eventually go the way of Rhodesia.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
a ghoulish tinge

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

It makes a lot of sense when you learn that the ADL spied on anti-apartheid activists in the 80s on behalf of the South African government. In general learning about the links between Israel and Apartheid South Africa wasn't something I would have guessed, but made a lot of sense when I thought about it for a little.

The campus crackdowns are pretty funny in the sense that - peaceful protest -> violent crackdown -> protests become much larger - is such a solid pattern throughout history you'd think those in power would learn at some point. It mirrors how Israel believes that their depravity in Gaza will somehow destroy the will of the Palestinians and make them surrender, rather than the opposite. The consequences of a mindset based around dehumanization I suppose.

From everything I can see, Israel has lost in Gaza, they are not capable of destroying Hamas or retrieving the hostages. They've made themselves an international pariah state. The US is now shifting to outright blaming netanyahu, but his grip on power will be steady as long as he can prolong the war. I think it's going to get uglier before it gets better, but unless Israel can back away from the precipice they're on, they will eventually go the way of Rhodesia.

I am not quite sure how you imagine Israel going the way of Rhodesia.

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Hamas does not have the conventional power to damage Israel in any real meaningful way. I do not think a second October 7th would go well for them either. You speak of them being a pariah state, but we are approaching a point this is meaningless. Spain got in trouble for speaking up ( but kudos for them for actually continuing to push ). The Irish PM that was openly pro Palestine stepped down due to other issues, and Ireland will likely back off during it's power struggles. I think Biden has shown his cards. For the most part the nations of the world have made it quite clear they don't care about the Palestinians, and are waiting for this to be over so they can go back to the status quo/move on.

We talk about how the youth are being radicalized in Palestine, but this is a moot point when Israel has made it clear it's objective is genocide and in 10-20 years Gaza and the West Bank will look marginally worse then they are today.

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

The current best long term option for Palestine is for for the Spanish/Irish push to recognize Palestine getting turned into a more global movement to force Israel to back the gently caress off and force them to actually treat with Palestine at the proverbial table. But even these motions won't lead to the dissolution of Israel, it'll lead to Palestine being declared a state alongside Israel and likely keep current borders. It'd be a miracle if someone could argue the '67 borders, and it'd require a serious humbling of Israel we haven't seen happen yet. Ultimately might makes right at the global stage and Palestine will likely have to take a lovely deal to get this to stop. Hopefully one that's contingent on UN/EU overwatch of the borders or else Israel will just keep gobbling up territory through settlers.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

A minor pier update posted 5 hours ago, I know many are eager to hear about the pier
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1783575773560889506

the idf posted:

The IDF has approved collaborative efforts for the new @CENTCOM led Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore (JLOTS) initiative in coordination with @cogatonline.

Our troops will operate to provide security and logistics support for the JLOTS initiative, which includes the establishment of a temporary floating pier to deliver humanitarian aid from the sea into Gaza.

This is one of many humanitarian aid efforts demonstrating the IDF's commitment to working with the international community to ensure the continuous entry of humanitarian aid to Gazans.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Israel is an infinitely peelable onion of evil. In the context of the latest horror story to emerge from Gaza, I think the crybaby drone lure seems almost quaint.

Al Jazeera are carrying the story that some bodies in the hospital mass graves show signs of being buried alive. This is consistent with reporting from December of Israeli bulldozers burying people alive at Kamal Adwan Hospital. Fortunately the White House are going to make sure that the Israelis get to investigate and determine whether or not they were being naughty scamps or noble heroes.
https://twitter.com/assalrad/status/1783554457500111194

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

A minor pier update posted 5 hours ago, I know many are eager to hear about the pier

This came out today too. DoD officially saying they began construction.

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...an-aid-to-gaza/

It’s modular and they drill putting it together so expect things to go fairly quickly.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mawarannahr posted:

highly disappointing, it's not as if the land based crossings don't have enough capacity, the idf is deliberately holding back aid. biden has even identified it as an issue. though I guess with the successful effort to push world kitchen out it's not exactly surprising the us is going to shrug and hand off the dry side to israel

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Israel is an infinitely peelable onion of evil. In the context of the latest horror story to emerge from Gaza, I think the crybaby drone lure seems almost quaint.

Al Jazeera are carrying the story that some bodies in the hospital mass graves show signs of being buried alive. This is consistent with reporting from December of Israeli bulldozers burying people alive at Kamal Adwan Hospital. Fortunately the White House are going to make sure that the Israelis get to investigate and determine whether or not they were being naughty scamps or noble heroes.

Every time I think Israel cannot be more ridiculously evil, they manage to surprise me.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

If it were willingly they’d just open the border crossings.

Once they get done the thing to watch will be the flow rate of aid in. Depending on what types of vessels they bring along side the off shore pier, if AIS is on, I might be able to guesstimate tonnages from vessel deadweights.

Lotta ifs there though, we will see I guess.

There should be more news now, and people will be able to watch from the shore.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

h_double posted:

a ghoulish tinge

She's been beating this drum for a few months now, going to so far as to imply that a lot of protestors are just delivering "Putin's message" regarding Palestine.

In January she went to so far as to say that pro-Palestinian protestors should be investigated for possible financial ties to Russia:

https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-wants-fbi-investigate-pro-165552030.html

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Completely appropriate responses to the protests

https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/1783675105748591060?t=8-lSED9ZLYsiadacu9cCoA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Colebehr_report/status/1783694722227175883?t=_l5sK7usoQIZwTioqTBxTg&s=19

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Asking a cop to think about their actions constitutes grave bodily harm, they lack the faculties to do so.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I wonder what Israel is going to say...:thunk:

Oh, let's ask the deputy mayor of Jerusalem, who has been making the rounds on Western media lately!

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1783405480947146947

:stare:

Her response to the host was not exactly convincing, btw:

quote:

Hassan-Nahoum: “Well, we don’t know what they were doing before their hands were tied behind their backs, do we?”

Burley: “No, but if you’ve managed to cable tie them, they shouldn’t subsequently find them dead, should we?”

Hassan-Nahoum: “And maybe, again, we’re just conjecturing. Maybe his friends threw a grenade, and then what happens? Maybe there was a missile, maybe they threw a rocket, and then what happens? Again, this is conjecture. I wasn’t there, you weren’t there. We can’t know. All I know is that our army has…”

Burley: “Neither was Amnesty International, and they say there’s been a lack of access for human rights investigators.”

Hassan-Nahoum: “It’s a shame that they’re not worried about the lack of access to hostages who haven’t been visited…”

Burley: “I want to come on to hostages in a moment. That’s also on my list to talk to you. But what would you say to Amnesty International saying there’s been a lack of access for human rights investigators?”

Hassan-Nahoum: “We’re in the middle of a war. They want access. They’ll have access after the war. How could we let them in? Let’s say we let them in and three of them get killed. And then what happens? Who’s to blame?”

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Apologies for the double-post, but that previous one seemed long enough and I didn't want anything I'm saying to get lost.

Rookersh posted:

I am not quite sure how you imagine Israel going the way of Rhodesia.

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Could you please provide some sources for these claims? Particularly the one about Syria; that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

quote:

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

Your numbers are misleading; there are 7.2 million Jewish Israelis currently living in Palestine. The fact that the remaining over 2 million people classified as "Arabs" living in "Israel-proper" count themselves as Israelis does not mean that they would throw in with the IDF in the event of an uprising, which seems to be the assumption you are making here. So there are 7.2 million Jewish Israelis, and around 7 million Palestinians and other people who are classified as "Arabs." It's close to 50/50. Furthermore, there are close to 7 million in the worldwide Palestinian diaspora, (as of 2021) many of whom would likely be only too happy to support or even participate in an uprising to reclaim the land and resources that were so cruelly stolen from them over the last 70 years.

While I agree that Israel is unlikely to topple as easily as Rhodesia did, I think you're also not making a convincing argument when you say that a "grand uprising will be crushed." The fact that we saw photos and videos of thousands of people fleeing Israel via airports when Iran's (largely symbolic) drone attack took place suggests to me that Israel is not nearly as stable as you are suggesting.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Majorian posted:

The fact that we saw photos and videos of thousands of people fleeing Israel via airports when Iran's (largely symbolic) drone attack took place suggests to me that Israel is not nearly as stable as you are suggesting.

Those were all literally all fake / mislabeled photos. Maybe some extraordinarily stupid people went to the airport on April 13, but it would have been a pretty stupid choice to make if it had been the start of a hot war. Can you imagine, going to the airport as a normal civilian at the start of a war? What a piss poor decision that would be, considering (a) Israeli airspace was already closed many hours prior to Iran launching the missiles/drones, and (b) Israel only has two civilian airports and they would be like... literally the first thing Iran would strike in case of an actually hot war.

Every link I can find says "false rumors, false videos/photos of people at Ben Gurion airport reused from previous travel seasons", and they include many people wearing masks in the photos/videos, which pretty clearly indicates it's not 2024.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
The main obstacle is the US, as no one wants to start a regional war that would draw them in at this stage. Israel may just be insane to make it happen on their own though, and I don't think the US would win such a war. It's all speculation, but Israel really seems to have a death drive at this point.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Majorian posted:

I wonder what Israel is going to say...:thunk:

Oh, let's ask the deputy mayor of Jerusalem, who has been making the rounds on Western media lately!

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1783405480947146947

:stare:

Her response to the host was not exactly convincing, btw:

After watching so many Israeli spokespeople in Western media basically saying the same thing with zero adjustments for newly uncovered atrocities, it's clear to me that it's more about quantity than quality. They have someone who speaks English for every Western TV channel, radio, university public appearance, blog, YouTube channel, twitter, they are everywhere. And with no exception, the dumbest talking heads with three prepared sound bites and not a glimmer of thought or a shred of empathy in their eyes.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 26, 2024

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Majorian posted:

The fact that we saw photos and videos of thousands of people fleeing Israel via airports when Iran's (largely symbolic) drone attack took place suggests to me that Israel is not nearly as stable as you are suggesting.

I have to correct this because it's bullshit.

Everyone was traveling because the attack was immediately prior to Passover, which is one of Israel's biggest vacation seasons. Everyone anticipated the airports would be packed at this exact time, long before Israel started this insane escalation with Iran. Here is an article from March:

quote:

1.2 million passengers will pass through Ben-Gurion airport in April
About 60,000 passengers a day are expected to pass through the airport during the peak travel time of the Passover holiday; The busiest day will be April 21; Top destinations are Greece and Cyprus

https://www.ynetnews.com/travel/article/hjtk10gkc

In fact, the attacks actually *reduced* the number of outbound flights. If not for the war, those airports would be even more packed:

quote:

Some 50,000 Israelis have had their flights cancelled in recent days, leaving them unable to travel for the upcoming Passover festival, or stranded abroad and unable to return for the holiday, Channel 12 reports.

The outlet says that numerous airlines have scrapped flights amid Israel’s war against Hamas and Iran’s attack on Israel last weekend

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...holiday-report/

Correspondingly, at least one of the internet propogandists who popularized this idea - they actually had to use images from prior years to make their point:

quote:

Image presented as proof of 'mass exodus' at Israel airport was taken in 2022 | Fact check

The image was included in an April 2022 report from The Times of Israel. The caption states it shows travelers at the Tel Aviv airport ahead of Passover, a Jewish holiday commemorating the Israelites' freedom from slavery in Egypt.

The image also was distributed by the Israeli photo agency Flash 90. The photo's credit shows Avshalom Sassoni took the photo on April 14, 2022.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2024/04/15/israel-mass-exodus-airport-2022/73328772007/

If you wanted to use travel patterns to point to the stability of the Israeli state, it would be better to look at incoming travel: the Israeli tourist industry, which is a big part of its economy and core to its soft power around the world, is obviously hamstrung in both legs by this war. That's not going to kill the state, but it is one more straw on the camel's back to make the country finally call itself victorious, trade for whichever hostages still live, and replace Netanyahu.

This whole idea that the enemy nation is going to mass-evacuate as refugees once the war becomes sufficiently serious - it bothers me because I'm so used to hearing it from Zionists about Palestinians. "They're just Arabs, they're not tied to the land like WE are, so they'll all go off to Jordan or Egypt rather than fight and die for it." And it continually turns out to be no more than wishful thinking powered by right-wing delusion. And it's no more true when flipped back on the Israelis. Edward Said rejected this myth decades ago because it is counterproductive to Palestinian liberation.

RE: the rest of your post, comparing the raw numbers of Israelis and Palestinians in the country or around the world, as if they're all gonna get together for a mass fistfight to decide it all, is stupid. The Israeli state is an apartheid one which should immediately be replaced by a normal democracy, but it's not going down to a rebellion in the form you describe, because it's also a nuclear power totally integrated into the broad first-world military-industrial complex. That's how it's currently mass-murdering tens of thousands of the civilians who you say would be doing that uprising with basically zero interference from foreign militaries.

The genocide and apartheid in Palestine will both end, I'm pretty sure, in a way comparable to how these ended in Australia or the United States: the victorious settler state determines that continuing to further dispossess the indigenous population isn't worth the domestic cost (like the loss of tourists) and international opprobrium (like boycotts), so they'll become a "normal" country with a "normal" marginalized racial minority who have nominally equal rights.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Paladinus posted:

They have someone who speaks English for every Western TV channel, radio, university public appearance, blog, YouTube channel, twitter, they are everywhere. And with no exception, the dumbest talking heads with three prepared sound bites and not a glimmer of thought or a shred of empathy in their eyes.

It should be noted that this spokesperson, the deputy mayor of Jerusalem, is British born and very much part of the ruling establishment. An earlier regular spokesperson for British TV was a Scottish emigree. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur_Hassan-Nahoum

quote:

Fleur Hassan-Nahoum was born in London and grew up in Gibraltar. She is the daughter of Sir Joshua Hassan, who served as the first Mayor of Gibraltar and, later, also served as the first Chief Minister of Gibraltar,[2] and his second wife, Lady Marcelle Bensimon,[3] both of Moroccan and Portuguese Jewish origin. Her younger sister, Marlene Hassan Nahon, was a Member of the Gibraltar Parliament (MP) and was the founder and former leader of the Together Gibraltar Party.[4]
In 2001, Hassan-Nahoum emigrated to Israel.[6]