Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
We saw the same thing happen when they murdered Shireen. Don't ever trust what Israel says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/state-department-resignation-gaza_n_65306079e4b00565b622b1fb

Guy that was part of the State Department that sells arms just resigned.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

A big flaming stink posted:

uh isnt this sort of public mutiny kind of unprecedented? the closest thing that comes to mind was kissinger's harvard ghouls telling him to gently caress off and iirc that wasnt published right?

The main guy that was selling arms to other countries at the state department very publicly quit yesterday so yeah probably makes sense.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
All they had to do was throw up enough of a smokescreen for a day or two and it's already out of public discussions.

Real hosed up thing was Shireen was an American too. That's why she had access into parts of Israel and Palestine that others wouldn't. Probably why she got assassinated.

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 20, 2023

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Wonder how many of those Hostages Israel has killed in the bombing. Gotta be quite a few right?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

hadji murad posted:

What a pathetic media environment when 14 paltry trucks gets applauded and churches and hospital suffer random blasts that occur out of nowhere.

This will just lead to more and more mistrust of media and the governments. People see what's happening and the west is really undermining any shred of moral authority it still had.

It will be interesting to read about the media manipulation when things settle, unfortunately a lot of Palestinians are going to be slaughtered before that happens.

I mean yeah when the State Department is talking about human rights abuses and then they park two aircraft carriers so that Israel can commit ethnic cleansing in peace.

Also getting whiplash from liberals supporting Ukraine 100% and then Israel

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think it's possible to be sympathetic to the cause of Palestinian liberation but also hope Hamas is replaced by a more constructive and less vile organization, there's no need to support the continued relevance of Hamas in its current form. There's so many examples of successful resistance movements who manage to eke out victories without committing atrocities there's no justification as to why Hamas is the exception.

I mean we all witnessed what happened during the Right to Return protests right? Mostly nonviolent met with brutality by the IOF. People and kids killed or maimed and there wasn't any mainstream condemnation.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
We all remember the George Floyd protests and the last effects of that movement.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I mean that firm in Israel has the most advanced iPhone hack in the world. Plus basically being an aircraft carrier for the US

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Yeah I don't wanna hear anyone in the west ever loving complain about other countries alleged human rights violations ever again.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Kinda tangentally related but whatever actually happened with that Mossad and Italian boat thing? Was it Italian, I forget.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kalit posted:

Ehh... as much leeway as Israel has in the international community, I think there would be irredeemable backlash if they actually directly bombed Shifa. Otherwise, they would have done it by now.

If Hamas is located there, moved elsewhere with much less civilians present at all hours, and Israel found out where, they would immediate level it.

Didn't they cut comms completely anyways? How would we know otherwise

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 27, 2023

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Viller posted:

If Israel wanted an air tight seal against the Gaza strip, they would have it. Its 25 miles by 9 miles wide...

Except for October 7th, how are they getting humiliated exactly?

Hamas was talking tough and celebrating for about 6 hours after it started(on october 7th), they been whinning for a cease fire since as if it they didn't know what was coming after what they did...
And for some loving reason, something awful seems to think this is fine... We invaded 2 loving countries after they flew 2 planes into buildings and everyone was fine with it.
The only "palestinians" who gained anything from this are living in Qatar and Turkey. I think its pretty clear by now that Israel won't stop until Hamas or their capabilities are completely gone.

I want Palestinians to be free as much as I am but its not gonna happen as long as they have a government widely considered to be a terrorist organisation that has for a mandate to kill all jews in Israel. Its not exactly rocket science...

Wheres all this anger for Ukrainians? Syrians? Yemen? etc etc... Is hating on jews really back in fashion or what?

edit: no loving idea how to quote someone else in this post but "I said come in!" wishing Hamas all the best of luck against these cowards! I mean... The gently caress is Israel supposed to do, just stop and hope Hamas doesnt do it again?
Should Ukraine just drop their weapons and give in to Putin? What about Syrians?

Is this bait? Israel is about to ethnically cleanse the Gaza Strip. There's a reason why they cut off internet access and even the US Lieutenant that was advising them lay the blame on Israel on what's about to happen.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

ungulateman posted:

what's the general political breakdown in israel, anyway? i know netanyahu got back in as part of a coalition with a slim margin but i'm really curious why the system seems so beholden to the settlements and their supporters when there's a sizable minority that want a peaceful solution and presumably a lot of other conflicting interests at play

I mean don't they have a pretty rabid bloodthirsty right wing that assassinates its leaders?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I think at this point the only way that Israel is gonna stop is if the Israel public starts seeing their kids on the front line die en mass

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Dog I can't get over how an Israeli tank fired on a civilian car while it was turning away and this isn't like headline news everywhere

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
It would be so dark if his poll numbers dropping would be what caused the US to try and reign in Israel.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Pvt. Parts posted:

. I don't see the incentive for Israel to bomb ambulances carrying non-combatants or not carrying key infrastructure of Hamas, other than to terrorize the population. But given how many eyes are on this conflict I find it hard to believe that some IDF commander is calling shots like that. That's not to say that mistakes can't happen, and that sick and extreme people who hold sway over the lives of innocents don't exist. But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

Because they can? And they want to? They can just say Hamas was there are rubes like you take it at face value.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Muscle Tracer posted:

They carry that on their bodies at all time, in case one of the IDF soldiers is the player character and wants to take on a side quest.

All the CDs are of Osama's anime collection

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Nancy posted:

I think Willo567 means they don't have an excuse lined up to completely purge the West Bank right now. So far the Israeli government, IDF & settlers have been breaking it up into enclaves and terrorizing Palestinians in the area & this has worked while keeping the West Bank largely out of the public eye. Doing something larger to the West Bank, a nominal noncombatant, while they are currently destroying the Gaza strip would draw down a lot of international scrutiny, as ultimately ineffective as that may be.

Aren't they handing AR15s to the settlers enmass right now? Feels like what Hamas did to the Kibbutzs is gonna be childs play pretty soon

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I think theres a reason why Israel is pretty selective on who can visit.

Ta-Nehisi Coates talked about his visit and thats the closest thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_df_u7yJj3k

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

HootTheOwl posted:

That said this sounds like some posthoc make believe because if Israel is already bombing ambulances why do you think they'll be safe and if they had this when they bombed the ambulance why did they wait to release it

And why would Hamas use abulances when the tunnels seem like they're working perfectly?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

I said come in! posted:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/11/14/israel-hamas-war-live-israeli-attacks-displace-700000-children-in-gaza

Israel is making more threats to destroy the hospitals in Gaza regardless of whether or not patients and innocent civilians are hiding inside them.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done about this. If Israel wants to destroy these hospitals and kill tens of thousands of innocent people at once, there is nothing in place to punish Israel afterwards. Can only hope that this is a line that even they will not cross, as barbaric and bloodthirsty as they are.

Is this why the US was saying their intelligence said that there was a "node" in the hospital too? Basically giving the go ahead.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/1...?smid=url-share

These people really think we're rubes man. Shameful poo poo

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/01/birth-and-death-intertwined-gaza-strip

Looks like HRW confirmed those decomposing infants that doctors found after the ceasefire

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I always see people say "hey at least they warn them sometimes when they level the apartment buildings", but doesn't that make it worse? Because if there was a legitimate target in the building then they escaped but if there wasn't then why are you leveling blocks of apartment buildings?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
These guys are likely all dead right?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Is there any evidence Biden really even wants to slow them down? The one thing he has admitted to over the decades is being unapologetically Zionist.

If Biden can make calls for Netanyahu to back off he can placate his unsettled voters and Netanyahu can show off to his voters that he is defiant of the US; they both politically can pander to their bases. In action, Biden has yet to actually do anything other than withhold some guns? Or have I missed more?

Feels like just sprinkling some stuff here and there they can point to after this is all said and done and Netanyahu falls on the sword. "Look, we tried to stop them from commiting genocide!"

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
And havn't they only taken one container ship so far? Seems like a pretty effective way to make the West actually try and stop the genocide, gently caress with their pocket books.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

socialsecurity posted:

The Houthis are not resisting any Genocide, Hamas is. The Houthis have done some ethnic cleansing of their own. The Houthis are not Hamas and them claiming they are doing the same thing they've been doing for a decade suddenly in support of Hamas is a claim that requires some level of evidence, which has not been provided.

Eliat ports is empty. No matter what you think Ansar Allah's actual objective is they are hurting Israel economically, and the Capitalists worldwide (shipping rates are spiking worldwide, probably because container ships now how to go around Africa and is tying up boats worldwide).

They're letting through Chinese and Russian ships so there's that too

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

enahs posted:

I'm not accusing anybody in this thread of this, but I wonder if there are Israeli state actors whose job it is to go on internet forums and stir poo poo up/muddy the waters about the conflict. I know that the FBI made an account here years ago but I've never seen anything about other countries doing so. It would make sense to me for them to do, especially given the amount of effort they put in to doing it in other media. Maybe not SA in particular, but other sites like reddit and twitter etc. Is anyone aware of any evidence of this that's been discovered anywhere?

Yeah just look at /r/News. Israeli hasbara constanstly upvoted, anyone going aginst it downvoted. Séamus Malekafzali posted about the journalist that had his son killed in the airstrike got his account permabanned from the subreddit for even posting the link.

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1744051903040762091

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 13, 2024

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Looks like Bill Ackman got another Tweet, but here is a NYT article about it too

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/14/world/middleeast/gaza-cemeteries-damage-israel.html

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kchama posted:

But what SHOULD have been the response to that? I understand that Israel is at ultimate fault for how they have treated Palestine for uh, ever. But there should be SOME response. I think doing something to the perpetrators would be standard, but Israel is so loving incompetent and evil they can't do it without genocide, apparently. Monsters.

The UN Rapporteur went over this like 2 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbH68cgcmM

Its been 2 months since I watched it, but the answer is along the lines of: Special Operations to free hostages and attack Hamas, not indiscriminate bombing and starving/cutting off electricity/gas.

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 18, 2024

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Theres a reason why Israel pulled out of North Gaza, and it wasn't because they won.

Like when Covid was "over" they needed the works to go back to work.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

KillHour posted:

I don't usually do this, but goddamn this was a bad probe.

Edit: have some news so we can stop arguing over whether Hitler or Satan is more evil.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/22/israel-hamas-gaza-ceasefire-hostages

This is a big deal. It would give the UN and the ICC 2 months to pressure Israel and hopefully gives a buffer for aid to save a few lives.

Hamas hasn't responded yet, but there's got to be a lot of pressure on them to accept.

Why would they agree to it, especially with this:

quote:

The Israeli officials said the proposal makes clear Israel will not agree to end the war and will not agree to release all 6,000 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli prisons

Also if you were to follow this thread about I/P news you would have thought it was still October 10th or something. Instead of months later.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Provisionally determined to be commiting genocide

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Right, they first said they got the information from forced confessions. Then they manufacture some calls just like they have months past and make some fake dossier. I'm sure all very above board like the proof that the hospitals are actually command and control centers.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Plus the media never even asks the question on if these are war crimes. And the IDF lies are also laundered at the same time.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kchama posted:

Undercover work while posing as civilians and counter intelligence is not perfidy. It is specifically allowed as a legitimate ruse of war.

Assassinations while posing as a civilian is another matter, though I suspect there won’t be much evidence of it.

Didn't they do it earlier in 2023 in Jenin on motorcycles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kchama posted:

That one was through a bomb, which I believe is perfectly fine with regards to perfidy. No word on what unit did it either. The accusation was that that specific unit did perfidious assassinations, IE shooting someone while dressed as a civilian or enemy soldier, planting bombs and stuff is generally fine because it's Sabotage or Legitimate Ruse of War. You wouldn't want to be CAUGHT doing those things, though.

No, I saw a video of assassins killing people and running away on motorcycles. Even double tapping them when they were already dead on the ground. Don't remember exactly when. Might have been after those IDF units got hit with IEDs last year?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/interactive/2023/israel-palestinians-raids-west-bank/

This was it, I think.

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 1, 2024