Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
How much did the Palestinian worker's general strike cost/shut down commerce? Is it a strong factor in the possible ceasefire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
from a nyt article

quote:

In a statement, the Israeli police said they “took enforcement action” after some mourners began chanting “nationalist incitement” and after officers had given the crowd a warning. As the coffin was carried out of the hospital, police said, they were “forced to act” because “rioters began throwing stones toward the policemen.”

The police later distributed video showing an empty plastic bottle and two other bottle-shaped objects being thrown in the direction of the officers in the moments before they advanced on the pallbearers, and separate undated video showing several stones on the ground. There was no clear indication of when or how the stones had reached that spot.
loving video of rocks just laying there

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
there will be no nukes, fucks sake

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kalit posted:

…because we’re allies? I’m confused on what point you’re trying to make.

Do you think that Israel wouldn’t have the military strength to wipe out Gaza without any help?
our ally sucks and we should stop giving them more arms

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
i would look at someone more skeptically if they quibble whether it's poisoning the water or just letting the water become poison over decades through intentional actions

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Zzulu posted:

How do we go about destroying both Hamas and the Israeli government
stay focused on the one running the open air prison which is being denied the supplies to survive. once that's resolved you'll likely have an easier time with dealing with what was born from those conditions

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
ill agree to not banning them as long as i can call them a piece of poo poo for 'doctors using patients as human shields' without a probe

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Neurolimal posted:

Joe Biden allegedly wrote an OpEd.

It's so bizarre that I can honestly believe that it was written by him before getting edited into coherency. Proposing visa bans to stop settler violence.
there's something weird with the fact an article written by the sitting president is locked behind a paywall

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

TLM3101 posted:

Unfortunately, this is - as I keep saying, I'm a broken record, I know, but it's true dammit - an election year. US willingness to lean on Israel is sporadic and erratic at best, but even if there was a will to actually use leverage against Israel, Biden can't do it. The moment he tries to do anything, he will be branded an anti-Semite. Of course, this is all academic, because by the same token, there is no leverage he can actually use. Biden can't cut aid to Israel, can't intervene with force, can't stop military sales or anything else. Not just because of his personal beliefs, or domestic political concerns, but because Congress will never let it happen even if he tried.
do you honestly believe that his rhetoric would be different if it wasn't an election year?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
also, as a reminder, you don't have to vote for someone who is abetting loving genocide

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
i do it for the love of the game

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
it must really put a strain on the arms and back to carry this much water for them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kagrenak posted:

This FT article covers both "who makes Israeli weapons which cause large scale damage" (hint it's the US) and "be horrified at Israel's genocide" at the same time. I hadn't seen the statistics comparing the extent of building destruction to that of German cities in WW2.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b407c2e-8149-4d83-be01-72dcae8aee7b

There's some movement to produce munitions domestically but the intensity would likely scale back dramatically if we banned exports:
https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/01/04/israel_signals_self-reliance_for_weapons_1002676.html

This link's description of Israel's genocide campaign is pretty gross and brushes aside any ethics or moral reasoning, as a heads up. I guess one should expect something written by a former defense professional to read such.

Imo one of the most obnoxious parts of it is they probably don't need the money and could pay for it all, we just want to protect them from even suffering that economic pain. Not that that would make it much better but it's just another slap in the face.

The urge probably comes from a place of feeling hopeless to stop the country from supplying them, so it's comforting to imagine that it wouldn't make much difference either way.
who the hell makes graphs and poo poo as transparent images, seeing as everyone who matters uses dark mode

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Israeli acquaintance shared this post. I’d really like to hear perspectives on it. I’m very much against Israel’s actions and want to push back tactfully.
it sucks poo poo and you should let them know that

Google Jeb Bush posted:

If your response to an increase in aid is to get angrier you should probably reassess your thinking.
any action that isn't immediate suspension of all support to israel is a fig leaf and ill get angry at that all i want. im glad a percentage of a percentage will be fed for a day but that doesn't change it being a fig leaf

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

he's starting to question the Israeli right to commit genocide if they say Hamas is really bad. Baby steps

ever been to the south (or well anywhere else in the us)? surely you've talked to people immersed in white supremacy who are recovering
i live in alabama and all i can see is someone who has drunk fully that flavoraid

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kalit posted:

I edited my post to be more accurate, sorry about that.

My point is trying to claim that Biden is likely to use this aid port to help Netanyahu achieve his desire of taking over Gaza is a wild conspiracy. Based on Biden's consistent pushback against said desire.
even with your edit, this still stands

Darth Walrus posted:

No, because he's given us no reason to trust his courage or conviction in preventing the mass expulsion of Gazans.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
glorious

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Koos Group posted:

Yes. That's how Main Paineframe became one. But I'll remove you if you really want.

Koos Group posted:

It was via nominations from PMs to me and discussions in the mod forum.
i take back everything ive said about you. follow the plan, trust the process

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Shammypants posted:

Someone should inform ABCNews
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTJyL063S_Q

edit: lol, that live stream started 10 minutes before you posted

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 19, 2024

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Israeli missile hits Iran, U.S. officials confirm

officials not named but cbs is repeating it

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

suck my woke dick posted:

counterpoint: humanity was a mistake, return to primordial sludge
turn off your monitor for a pleasant surprise!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
lol, welcome to iking, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Quantum Cat posted: