Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

That seems like a good thing actually in a perverse sense, because if there was no social integration I don't think there would really be any basis for a one-state solution in the first place, only slow ethnic cleansing. If all the black people disappeared in apartheid South Africa that society would have ground to a halt as I understand it, that has to be the case at least to an extent in Israel too I feel like for one-state to work

Semi-relatedly, what is the origin of the Arab population with Israeli citizenship? Is it strictly people who held on and stayed after 1947 and their descendants? If you are a Palestinian non-citizen is it possible at all to naturalize as an Israeli citizen, or no?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Why does Israel hate Iran so much? Light reading suggests they had good relations before 79? Is it just transitive hostility inherited from America's conflict with the Islamic Republic, or is there some special factor in Israel's domestic politics causing this? I wasn't aware of Iran itself caring all that much about the Palestinians, although unsurprisingly Israel seems to claim Iran funds Hamas

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 17, 2019

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

This sort of seems like a clear win for Hamas/loss for Israel, do we agree? Seems the ethnic conflict among Israeli citizens proper and the degree of global hostility caught them off guard. Israel may have picked all the low hanging fruit as it were in its occupation, proceeding further is going to have greatly increasing costs