Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

My Imaginary GF posted:

Their neighbors are much worse, and yet you don't see Palestinians criticizing them for their crimes. Gee, maybe the terrorist actions of Hamas and Palestinians are rooted in antisemitism? Certainly this whole wave of knifings in Israel is.

People are most likely to criticize crimes they're the victim of. Israel complaining that nobody seems to care about how awful things are in the rest of the Middle East (as though people aren't also concerned about that too) is international-grade concern trolling. If anything, Palestinians could be commended for their history of expressing solidarity with other oppressed peoples, like the Irish or the Ferguson protesters.

Although engaging you at all is counterproductive, as from your posting history I almost get the feeling you're engaged in an elaborate troll to make Israel look bad by saying whatever it takes to keep arguments spinning and the status quo in place while the Palestinians gradually get ground down in the meantime. The current situation being what it is, all of our debating is especially useless since unless something major changes Israel will continue to make a Palestinian state impossible one settlement at a time. It makes it hard to believe the sincerity of strong pro-zionists when all they really need to do is stall for time.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't know much about the embassy issue apart from the obvious bit that it'd be a symbolic gesture in favour of Israel done over the protest of the Palestinians, but there's been plenty of gestures like that before and I'm not sure what the obvious tit-for-tat response is that leads to some sort of chain reaction. If anything, if the Palestinians are provoked to respond aggressively to the news that would probably be Israel's perfect opportunity to test out how much more leeway the Trump administration will give them compared to Obama.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ultramega posted:

I'm guessing this is going to mean israel eventually absorbing west bank residents and giving them a veneer of citizenship because there's no way in hell they're going to get away with straight-up ethnic cleansing via massive deportation without worldwide condemnation.

Would be one hell of a way for Trump and Netanyahu to destract from their respective crises though!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Introducing EAST East Jerusalem, which is in Jordan.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

[Conquistadors crashing their ships into the new world] drat look at all these ethnostates this place is imperialist as gently caress