Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe they just don't feel like starting WW3 today, which I appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Speaking of Western media, I guess it's obvious why they wouldn't put them on the nightly news like the anti war protests in Moscow, but is there anyone reporting on like pro-peace rallies by Israeli citizens? I at least want to assume not everyone likes living in the world's most famous murder factory.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/yoavgallant/status/1783108301829423552

These people should have been removed the way we removed South Vietnam's corrupt Presidency. Threatening American children, what's next for these psychos?

Probably receiving more billions of dollars and weapons and unflinching support and legal protection from the government nominally protecting those kids, I'd assume.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Why wouldn't they at this point? They've proven they're immune to international law or even meaningful consequences so why not form a paramilitary in every country to deal with the annoying citizen protests.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Was not expecting the dumb guy from XPlay to get cancelled for his geopolitics takes today. That was not on the old bingo board.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So do all countries have to only buy the genocidal NVGs with no possible other option or is just that the genocidal NVGs are cheaper

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

^the genocidal nvgs are way, way better and are considered vital to national defense (substitute any number of products for nvgs in the above statement)

strictly speaking it's more that israel's defense industry is completely entangled with US mic and viewing it in terms of specific products misses the forest for the trees

https://elbitsystems.com/pr-new/elb...s-marine-corps/

But hey, at least we responded Nov 29 to the increased genocide by, uh, quintupling our order from the 2018 contract. That'll show them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It seems they may be at least a popular doohickey purveyor as since the "current conflict" started, in addition to 500M from the US, the firm has received 600M in orders from Australia, 400M from the EU, and 400M from "an Asia Pacific nation", though that last was for drones, not night vision.

Learning a lot this morning about nation building and statecraft

Rappaport posted:

*Of course the actual argument seems to have been that these particular magical doohickeys cannot be found anywhere else on the planet, but the obvious counter-argument is that the US is a manufacturing powerhouse and maybe doesn't care about patent law as much as it does about people-killing doohickeys

That's the beauty of it! The doohickey at issue is made by Elbit Systems of America specifically, so it's not coming from Haifa like the Australians and similar! It's made in Norfolk and headquartered in Fort Worth lol

https://www.elbitamerica.com/contact-us

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 29, 2024

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

not a value-add posted:

Elbit America is totally run by Americans and all of their NVG stuff is just a Harris rebrand. I’m not going to go digging through my arms room right now to win an internet argument but I’ve never seen an elbit branded optic in the wild, and the older junky stuff like the pvs 14 is made by multiple companies at this point. I think people in this thread are wildly overblowing the Israeli government’s ability to affect any of this stuff.

I’m happy to be proven wrong, but you’d have to be real dumb to allow a foreign company, especially one with a reputation for whiny agressive implementation of backdoors, to be the exclusive manufacturer of a C2 system like a JBCP, a fancy optic with a HUD, or anything that integrates into it.

Yeah idk man, I'm just googling stuff while I watch progress bars progress. By which I mean I'm an INDEPENDENT ACTOR doing CRITICAL OSINT OPERATIONS or whatever people were saying on twitter. This was the press release I found after finding Elbit was the all important NVG firm, already linked above

quote:

Haifa, Israel, November 29, 2023 – Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT) (“Elbit Systems” or the “Company”) announced today that according to the announcement of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), Elbit Systems’ U.S. subsidiary, Elbit Systems of America – Night Vision LLC, (“Elbit Systems of America”), was awarded an indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) contract with a maximum ceiling of $500 million, for the supply of Squad Binocular Night Vision Goggle (SBNVG) systems; spare and repair parts; contractor logistics supports and test article refurbishment.

I'm sure that means more to you than me!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Do you see how much of an enormous pain in the rear end I am when I think that I am correct and the person I’m taking to is incorrect. Welcome to normal on the waterfront. Someone like me, (probably older than me) will be gently telling them to eat poo poo and hair, while taking thorough notes and photos and exactly following the written inspection guidelines and procedures.

Badass, dude. Would you also flip off the authorities?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/StatusCoup/status/1786391399824322806

Anybody doing this is wrong this isn't complicated at all actually. Joe Biden's hands are tied obviously, it is governors and university presidents demanding this response, not him. He should be trying to separate himself from this hilariously overwrought response. Congress can do what they like in inviting Bibi, but I think Biden did enough with this speech, he either shouldn't address it anymore or come out against the police violence.

I wonder which evil chud is the governor wherever this "UCLA" is. Probably Abbott or DeSantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sadly, none of the articles I found (or the UN news website) have an actual list of who voted no or abstained. I'd have been interested to see the lists.