Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

zer0spunk posted:

I hate to tell ya, the population doesn't support the right-wing administration, and neither does the military..probably doesn't help when they've acitively been trying to do away with the current checks and balances on the train to authoritarian control

people aren't into that so much it turns out, go figure

Why does the right wing administration keep winning every election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Stringent posted:

I don't know if this is ignorance, insanity, disingenuity, or some combination of all three, but China is (a) categorically not an ethnostate and (b) isn't/wasn't comming/ed genocide (Tibet, Xinjiang).

To even attempt a comparison with what's going on in Gaza is frankly disgusting and shows a lack of empathy for human suffering that you should be ashamed of.

Yea but I'm sure they'll come back with some compelling Google satellite imagery of a parking garage being built in Western China that a German "researcher" labeled a re-education camp between writing books about the rapture.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I fail to see how Israel having nukes limits outside military intervention opportunities that much. The United States had decades to prepare first strike options for use on the soviet union. Surely they could work against a small rogue state.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Iran's response is asymmetric in the sense that they've launch a lot more things in Israel's direction. But whether it alone makes it disproportionate is debatable.

Saying Iran's launched stuff at Israel before last night, is like saying the United States has bombed the Russian army, assuming you're referring to "Iranian proxies". Or are only non western forces given agency but if Iran arms and supports regional allies they're completely controlled out of Tehran?

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Lum_ posted:

Morning Joe especially is the worst example of #Resistance performative hashtag liberalism, which is deeply ironic considering the active role Joe and Mika Brzenzenski played in hyping up Trump's 2016 electoral bid.

I guess it's an improvement that Gallant didn't call them human animals. And he's what passes for a moderate in Israeli politics.

Thanks for reminding me the cohost is the nepo-hire daughter of the architect of operation cyclone.