Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There is a risk that Jews would be persecuted by Palestinians if they were freed, just like how everyone remembers the genocide of Afrikaners in South Africa. Because of this hypothetical risk in a hypothetical future, it is important to keep the status quo. No actual, current, on-going injustice will ever be as bad as the hypothetical future injustice that can easily be prevented from happening in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

If I mention Zimbabwe will you give a real answer or just dodge the question again? As I've said, it's a D&D I/P thread, do you really think people are going to criticize you for an answer that's essentially "Whatever happens to them, happens"?

Because obviously the situation in a Israeli-Palestinian reconciliation scenario wouldn't be closely monitored by western powers, especially the USA.

Also you can't defend a country that systematically evicts Palestinians from their land in order to build more illegal settlements and take offense with what's happening in Zimbabwe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think that, what Israel offered to international refugees, should be lauded as a model for other nations in the region to follow through on with refugees within their administrative jurisdictions.

Australia is interested, but thinks it'd be too expensive to bomb Nauru every two years if they do not get their munitions paid for by the USA.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"We have to oppress population A, otherwise they might oppress population B!"

My Imaginary GF posted:

What about the previous oppression of Jews by Palestinian arabs?

As history showed, the Jews turned to oppress the Arabs as soon as they got in a position of force to do so. Since you and TIC are arguing that preemptive oppression is a Good Thing, then you have to conclude that it was a good, necessary, and justified thing.

If you claim it wasn't, then you cannot also claim that continued oppression of the Palestinians is a good thing. At least, you cannot do so without having to rely on racism.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 23, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you justify Israel's oppression of Palestinians, you have to argue either that oppression is justified in and of itself, or that some populations are intrinsically deserving of being oppressed. Spoiler: either reasoning basically makes you Hitler.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It was a picture of an actual person who had been burned to death, and ritually stabbing it in effigy was to celebrate this murder, but yeah, it's cool, it's something that sane and reasonable people do.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Well yeah, the oppressors are bad sometimes, but really, these evil oppressed, lashing out against their oppressors like this, it's awful. Why aren't they meekly subservient? If they tolerated oppression without being angry about it, then maybe we could stop oppressing them. After a while or two."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DrProsek posted:

This is correct, Israel will continue to exist side by side with Palestine because Israel has enjoyed US support for so long and is so well established it would be extremely unlikely a Palestinian state could threaten the existence of Israel even if it were hostile.

The existence of Israel is threatened by the idea that Palestinians are human people.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"What's the best US analogy for the situation between Palestinians and settlers? I know! The Palestinians are the trigger-happy cops, and the settlers are the black children and teenagers! This is an accurate and fair representation of the power balance."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

team overhead smash posted:

Israel doesn't act in a vacuum and has to answer to international pressure and its own citizens.
International pressure consists in every first world leader racing to be the first to loudly proclaim that Israel has the right to defend itself (Palestine, however, doesn't) every time Bibi decides to "mow the lawn" because his approval rate is falling down.
Israeli citizens pressure consists in increasing Bibi's popularity whenever he's bombing the Palestinians, and decreasing it whenever he isn't.

It can't simply kill Palestinians on a massive scale for absolutely no reason, it needs some kind of rationale even if it's not a good one.
1. They are Amalek
2. This land is ours, God gave this land to us (I've got the receipt somewhere)
3. The alternative to killing them is living with them, and then we wouldn't get to be our pure-blooded country built on racial and religious supremacy

If Palestinians to were adopt a more opportunist method of attacking with ordinary domestic weapons like knives and cars, they could hardly bomb massive amounts of Palestinian homes on the basis that there were hidden stockpiles of knives and cars that they were bombing.
That's what has been happening recently, and the result was that Israel has encouraged vigilantism (aka lynch mobs) and decided to destroy the houses of every Palestinian related to a terrorist.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 1, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

hakimashou posted:

Dr King and Gandhi taught non violence, and they won their struggles.

Gandhi posted:

'THE JEWS', BY GANDHI - FROM HARIJAN, NOVEMBER 26, 1938

Several letters have been received by me asking me to declare my views about the Arab-Jew question in Palestine and the persecution of the Jews in Germany. It is not without hesitation that I venture to offer my views on this very difficult question.

My sympathies are all with the Jews. I have known them intimately in South Africa. Some of them became life-long companions. Through these friends I came to learn much of their age-long persecution. They have been the untouchables of Christianity. The parallel between their treatment by Christians and the treatment of untouchables by Hindus is very close. Religious sanction has been invoked in both cases for the justification of the inhuman treatment meted out to them. Apart from the friendships, therefore, there is the more common universal reason for my sympathy for the Jews.

But my sympathy does not blind me to the requirements of justice. The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood?

Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home.

The nobler course would be to insist on a just treatment of the Jews wherever they are born and bred. The Jews born in France are French. If the Jews have no home but Palestine, will they relish the idea of being forced to leave the other parts of the world in which they are settled? Or do they want a double home where they can remain at will? This cry for the national home affords a colourable justification for the German expulsion of the Jews.

But the German persecution of the Jews seems to have no parallel in history. The tyrants of old never went so mad as Hitler seems to have gone. And he is doing it with religious zeal. For he is propounding a new religion of exclusive and militant nationalism in the name of which any inhumanity becomes an act of humanity to be rewarded here and hereafter. The crime of an obviously mad but intrepid youth is being visited upon his whole race with unbelievable ferocity. If there ever could be a justifiable war in the name of and for humanity, a war against Germany, to prevent the wanton persecution of a whole race, would be completely justified. But I do not believe in any war. A discussion of the pros and cons of such a war is therefore outside my horizon or province.

But if there can be no war against Germany, even for such a crime as is being committed against the Jews, surely there can be no alliance with Germany. How can there be alliance between a nation which claims to stand for justice and democracy and one which is the declared enemy of both? Or is England drifting towards armed dictatorship and all it means?

Germany is showing to the world how efficiently violence can be worked when it is not hampered by any hypocrisy or weakness masquerading as humanitarianism. It is also showing how hideous, terrible and terrifying it looks in its nakedness.

Can the Jews resist this organised and shameless persecution? Is there a way to preserve their self-respect, and not to feel helpless, neglected and forlorn? I submit there is. No person who has faith in a living God need feel helpless or forlorn. Jehovah of the Jews is a God more personal than the God of the Christians, the Mussalmans or the Hindus, though as a matter of fact in essence, He is common to all and one without a second and beyond description. But as the Jews attribute personality to God and believe that He rules every action of theirs, they ought not to feel helpless. If I were a Jew and were born in Germany and earned my livelihood there, I would claim Germany as my home even as the tallest gentile German may, and challenge him to shoot me or cast me in the dungeon; I would refuse to be expelled or to submit to discriminating treatment. And for doing this, I should not wait for the fellow Jews to join me in civil resistance but would have confidence that in the end the rest are bound to follow my example. If one Jew or all the Jews were to accept the prescription here offered, he or they cannot be worse off than now. And suffering voluntarily undergone will bring them an inner strength and joy which no number of resolutions of sympathy passed in the world outside Germany can. Indeed, even if Britain, France and America were to declare hostilities against Germany, they can bring no inner joy, no inner strength. The calculated violence of Hitler may even result in a general massacre of the Jews by way of his first answer to the declaration of such hostilities. But if the Jewish mind could be prepared for voluntary suffering, even the massacre I have imagined could be turned into a day of thanksgiving and joy that Jehovah had wrought deliverance of the race even at the hands of the tyrant. For to the godfearing, death has no terror. It is a joyful sleep to be followed by a waking that would be all the more refreshing for the long sleep.

It is hardly necessary for me to point out that it is easier for the Jews than for the Czechs to follow my prescription. And they have in the Indian satyagraha campaign in South Africa an exact parallel. There the Indians occupied precisely the same place that the Jews occupy in Germany. The persecution had also a religious tinge. President Kruger used to say that the white Christians were the chosen of God and Indians were inferior beings created to serve the whites. A fundamental clause in the Transvaal constitution was that there should be no equality between the whites and coloured races including Asiatics. There too the Indians were consigned to ghettos described as locations. The other disabilities were almost of the same type as those of the Jews in Germany. The Indians, a mere handful, resorted to satyagraha without any backing from the world outside or the Indian Government. Indeed the British officials tried to dissuade the satyagrahis is from their contemplated step. World opinion and the Indian Government came to their aid after eight years of fighting. And that too was by way of diplomatic pressure not of a threat of war.

But the Jews of Germany can offer satyagraha under infinitely better auspices than the Indians of South Africa. The Jews are a compact, homogeneous community in Germany. They are far more gifted than the Indians of South Africa. And they have organised world opinion behind them. I am convinced that if someone with courage and vision can arise among them to lead them in non-violent action, the winter of their despair can in the twinkling of an eye be turned into the summer of hope. And what has today become a degrading man-hunt can be turned into a calm and determined stand offered by unarmed men and women possessing the strength of suffering given to them by Jehovah. It will be then a truly religious resistance offered against the godless fury of dehumanised man. The German Jews will score a lasting victory over the German gentiles in the sense that they will have converted the latter to an appreciation of human dignity. They will have rendered service to fellow-Germans and proved their title to be the real Germans as against those who are today dragging, however unknowingly, the German name into the mire.

And now a word to the Jews in Palestine. I have no doubt that they are going about it in the wrong way. The Palestine of the Biblical conception is not a geographical tract. It is in their hearts. But if they must look to the Palestine of geography as their national home, it is wrong to enter it under the shadow of the British gun. A religious act cannot be performed with the aid of the bayonet or the bomb. They can settle in Palestine only by the goodwill of the Arabs. They should seek to convert the Arab heart. The same God rules the Arab heart who rules the Jewish heart. They can offer satyagraha in front of the Arabs and offer themselves to be shot or thrown into the Dead Sea without raising a little finger against them. They will find the world opinion in their favour in their religious aspiration. There are hundreds of ways of reasoning with the Arabs, if they will only discard the help of the British bayonet. As it is, they are co-shares with the British in despoiling a people who have done no wrong to them.

I am not defending the Arab excesses. I wish they had chosen the way of non-violence in resisting what they rightly regarded as an unwarrantable encroachment upon their country. But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds.

Let the Jews who claim to be the chosen race prove their title by choosing the way of non-violence for vindicating their position on earth. Every country is their home including Palestine not by aggression but by loving service. A Jewish friend has sent me a book called The Jewish Contribution to Civilisation by Cecil Roth. It gives a record of what the Jews have done to enrich the world`s literature, art, music, drama, science, medicine, agriculture, etc. Given the will, the Jew can refuse to be treated as the outcaste of the West, to be despised or patronised. He can command the attention and respect of the world by being man, the chosen creation of God, instead of being man who is fast sinking to the brute and forsaken by God. They can add to their many contributions the surpassing contribution of non-violent action.

Segaon, November 20, 1938

Gandhi posted:

Jews and Palestine, by Gandhi - From Harijan, July 21, 1946

Hitherto I have refrained practically from saying anything in public regarding the Jew-Arab controversy. I have done so for good reasons. That does not mean any want of interest in the question, but it does mean that I do not consider myself sufficiently equipped with knowledge for the purpose. For the some reason I have tried to evade many world events. Without airing my views on them, I have enough irons in the fire. But four lines of a newspaper column have done the trick and evoked a letter from a friend who has sent me a cutting which I would have missed but for the friend drawing my attention to it. It is true that I did say some such thing in the course of a long conversation with Mr. Louis Fischer on the subject. I do believe that the Jews have been cruelly wronged by the world. "Ghetto" is, so far as I am aware, the name given to Jewish locations in many parts of Europe. But for their heartless persecution, probably no question of return to Palestine would ever have arisen. The world should have been their home, if only for the sake of their distinguished contribution to it.

But, in my opinion, they have erred grievously in seeking to impose themselves on Palestine with the aid of America and Britain and now with the aid of naked terrorism. Their citizenship of the world should have and would have made them honoured guests of any country. Their thrift, their varied talent, their great industry should have made them welcome anywhere. It is a blot on the Christian world that they have been singled out, owing to a wrong reading of the New Testament, for prejudice against them. "If an individual Jew does a wrong, the whole Jewish world is to blame for it." If an individual Jew like Einstein makes a great discovery or another composes unsurpassable music, the merit goes to the authors and not to the community to which they belong.

No wonder that my sympathy goes out to the Jews in their unenviably sad plight. But one would have thought adversity would teach them lessons of peace. Why should they depend upon American money or British arms for forcing themselves on an unwelcome land? Why should they resort to terrorism to make good their forcible landing in Palestine? If they were to adopt the matchless weapon of non-violence whose use their best Prophets have taught and which Jesus the Jew who gladly wore the crown of thorns bequeathed to a groaning world, their case would be the world`s and I have no doubt that among the many things that the Jews have given to the world, this would be the best and the brightest. It is twice blessed. It will make them happy and rich in the true sense of the word and it will be a soothing balm to the aching world.

Panchagani, July 14, 1946

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

-Troika- posted:

You can turn that around the other way though. Why should Hamas and other Palestinian militants get a free pass on exclusively targeting civilians?

They're mostly targeting desert sand.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

An IDF soldier in the intelligence division has been sentenced to 45 months in jail for accessing the Nationalistic Crimes Unit's classified databases, looking up information on suspected Jewish extremists and planned operations and actions against those extremists, and then leaking all that information to Jewish extremist groups on an ongoing basis, warning them in advance of arrests and raids.

Free Johnathan Pollard 2: Johnathan Pollarder

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maoist Pussy posted:

Terrorizing Israel as a strategy is a lot larger than Hamas. The onus comes down on Israel to change its policies if your goal is for terrorist fighters from all over the Middle East to stop engaging in terrorist acts.

How many terrorist fighters "from all over the Middle East" instead of specifically Israel and the territories it illegally occupies have been engaged in terrorizing Israel?

I mean, if your point is that Hamas is exactly the same thing as Daesh and Israel needs to exterminate every last Arab across the entire world before we can experience peace at last, by all means, say so.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It isn't possible to defend Israel's actions; so the pro-Israel posters are merely reduced to attack pro-Palestinian posters, usually with the cudgel of antisemitism.

Yeah, Qasam rockets are bad because their lack of precision means they're more likely to hit a civilian than a military target. The militants who shoot them don't even bother attempting to aim at anything in particular. Let's look at the past year: List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2015
What do we get from this?
1. A number of rockets fell short and landed in Gaza instead of crossing over into Israel
2. Most rockets that went into Israel fell in empty areas
3. None of the rockets launched this year injured or killed anyone in Israel

But rocket attacks are a war crime and therefore Palestinians are bad and deserve eternal oppression forever.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

Isn't that illegal? I remember reading somewhere that boycotting Israel was a crime.

It's not a boycott, it's a divestment from five specific banks; and the reason isn't "they're Israeli" but "they don't respect human rights".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No, no, you don't get it. It's "both sides are bad, therefore taking a side is wrong, therefore we have to let the status quo continue forever instead of protesting it".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

Netanyahu has accused the EU of engaging in unauthorized and illegal construction in the West Bank in an effort to create "political realities"

There is no :ironicat: big enough for this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kim Jong Il posted:

All of that predate Gandhi, who thought Jews should have willingly walked into the gas chambers.

Are you saying that people should instead resist violent oppression? Seems like you're a terrorist-loving Palestinian supporter, you antisemite!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Freedom means the right to tell Palestinians that they and their descendants will forever be non-persons condemned to live in squalor as everything of worth that they possess will be taken from them forcibly, neener-neener, serves you right for being towelheads instead of God's Chosen People.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Netanyahu would be saying the exact same thing if you had asked him not about extremism, but about an end to the occupation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Look, you have to understand that these subhuman savages only understand violence. Their primitive brains and regressive culture make it so that only rape and torture mean anything to them. Now I'm not advocating these practices, I just want you to understand what we have to deal with."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A dead Palestinian is not dangerous. A Palestinian who is allowed to eat and drink will not starve and die; therefore, there is a real, valid security reason to poison crops and destroy water tanks. They made, however, a mistake by not also raping these farmers' wives, daughters, sisters, and mothers; you can tell this raid was probably led by rookies. They'll learn.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The IDF should be creating that zone on the Israeli side of the border. It's far too easy to make the zone on the other guy's side. "You can't go on your own land anymore. Oh, look, since you're not going on this land, it's because you don't need it, right, so here we have the new settlement of Baruchville getting built. And we need to protect this settlement so we're pushing the border a bit. And you aren't allowed near the border." Then repeat, again and again.

The justification is an injustification.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

UnCO3 posted:

"Anti-Zionist is a code-word for anti-Semitic"

Anyway, wasn't there a current in 19th/early 20th-century anti-Semitism that supported Zionism on the basis that it still got Jews to leave Europe/America/wherever?

Also Zionists who supported anti-Semitism on the basis that it'd still get more Jews to go to Israel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)#Wartime_contacts_with_Italy_and_Germany

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kajeesus posted:

I've always been puzzled by that narrative. What reason do anti-Semites have to oppose Zionism, assuming we're talking about white guys who also hate Muslims?

There's a bunch of conspiracy nuts for whom "zionist" is shorthand for "the malevolent secret cabal of Jewish Freemason Communists who control the world through banks, fluoridated water, and mind-control technology developed by the lizard people from the Hollow Earth".

Like, take a look at the photoshops created by this loonie: http://ddees.com/

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kim Jong Il posted:

That, and movements like BDS are both ineffective and effectively poor gasoline on the fire by enabling the far right in Israel. Accelerationism is a dumb doctrine that has no possible good end for Palestinians.
Nothing has a possible good end for Palestinians. Don't try to pretend to be concerned about their well-being, since you're the one arguing that Israel should be allowed to commit every crime it wants against them while the entire world should applaud, because Hitler.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maoist Pussy posted:

The well-being of Palestinians and Israelis depends on the Palestinians realizing that the war is over.

If the war is over, why are Israeli settlers conquering new land every day?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Fun activity for kids: read the universal declaration of human rights and count how many Israel violates.

For example, article 1:

Maoist Pussy posted:

The idea of Palestinians being citizens of Israel in any significant numbers is ludicrous and is only being propounded as an attempt to throw sand in the gears.

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights."

They were born on the land where they live. If you claim this land belongs to Israel, that means that they are citizens of Israel. The only way in which you can deny this is by claiming that they are not entitled to the universal human rights, which you can only do if you claim that they are not, in fact, human.

lol ethnic cleansing lololol rofl genocide lulz

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maoist Pussy posted:

Modern international law means jack-poo poo when it presumes to prohibit something that every country knows is a practical necessity.

Purging your population from those of unwanted ethnicity is a practical necessity, you say. Wonderful.

At this point I have to call Poe's Law.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Don't you mean Neanderthals? Australopithecus is an ancestor to the entire Homo genus.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maoist Pussy posted:

"If some rear end in a top hat on the internet isn't calling you a racist, then you need to step up your game, homie." - Josef Stalin

Thanks for admitting you're a troll.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I wonder how functional Israel will be once it inevitably gets a Haredi majority.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SurgicalOntologist posted:

While I'm here I'll tell a story from our trip. On the last day, we did this awful exercise where the trip leader would make a statement and would have to stand in one of four places for Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree, or Strongly Disagree. Statements like "Israel is an import part of my Jewish identity", "The deepest expression of Jewishness is to make aliyah", "the IDF makes me feel safe anywhere in the world", "I have an obligation to marry Jewish", etc. Once everyone got into positions, someone from each group had to defend their choice.

Urgh. Using peer pressure and cowardice to entice everyone to side with the most jingoistic options.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Pro-Israeli mindset: "Might makes right, evil acts are good as long as we come out on top, crimes that were committed in the past mean that there is a moral duty to commit crimes in the present."

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't see how ruining crops for farmers hurts the people that shot the rockets. Can you explain? Personal I don't see any reason to do that if your goal is to stop rocket attacks.

All Palestinians are the same, they have a hivemind. That's why it is always justified and necessary to murder some Palestinian -- there's no such thing as an innocent Palestinian, a child playing on the beach is just a part of the same collective organism that shoots rockets that go nowhere.

drilldo squirt posted:

No they don't.

Yes, they do. They are God's chosen people, and God has tasked them with eradicating every other nation on Earth, sparing not the women, not the children, not the cattle. (A cow that belongs to a Palestinian is also part of the Palestinian hivemind.)

As you know, it is always valid and acceptable to murder people in the name of God. Massacring an entire town's population because they are not the same religion as you is a Just and Worthy thing to do.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 31, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I've missed when exactly in Iraq and Afghanistan did the USA proceed to expel Iraqis and Afghans from their country and smuggle in hundreds of thousands of American "settlers" to occupy the land illegally.

I'll point out also that in Iraq's case, this was done against the objection of other countries, including three of the P5, and it caused lasting damage to American soft power.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Turkey, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia are also natural allies, by the way. Turkey controls the passage between Black Sea and Mediterranean and can therefore neuter one third the Russian fleet; Egypt controls the Suez canal; Saudi Arabia controls the world's biggest reserve of oil and is therefore critically important for the stability of the world order.

The strategic relevance of Israel, on the other hand, is harder to ascertain. What do they bring, besides a simple way to get rid of surplus Hellfire missiles?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

Thanks for this latest outburst of your barely concealed antisemitism anti-Zionism, forums poster Cat Mattress. Please, tell us more about how Jews are bloodthirsty monsters commanded by their religion to slaughter all non-Jews.

So, justifying ethnic cleansing because "it's a practical necessity" or because "Israel won, Arabs lost, git gud or gtfo" is perfectly legitimate and sincere defense of Israel, but paraphrasing scripture is not? You are not very consistent.

I mean I could go on, but basically the thing to take away is 1) Israel receives even more massively disproportionate aid than you might think at first glance and 2) Israel has a lot more leeway in how it spends that aid than other countries.

My favorite part is how Israel can get free ammo refills from the Pentagon. Ran out of missiles while bombing schools and hospitals? No problem, just send a few planes to grab some more from US bases, no question asked.

I mean it's a water drop compared to the financial aid, but it's just such a perfect illustration of what aiding Israel really is about.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 1, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Israeli are only bloodthirsty killers if you consider Palestinians to be human beings. But since Palestinians, like all Arabs, are subhuman vermin, then what Israel is doing is cool and good. I'm fully on your side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

The reason C.M. keeps saying this stuff is because he believes it.

We all agree that the systematic and perpetual oppression of Palestinians is a good thing, that the status quo is perfect, and that Israel is beyond criticism, and that any attempt at contradicting any of the previous assertions is antisemitic.

But the question, of course, is to find why exactly crimes against Palestinians are Cool and Good. There can be three explanations here, and I'm eager to ear which one you subscribe to:
1. Crimes against mankind are always cool and good; human rights are a fairy tale.
2. Crimes against mankind are bad, but Palestinians aren't human so in their case it's okay.
3. Crimes against mankind are bad, except when it's Israel that is committing them.

So which one is the good? Teach me, master. So far I'm leaning towards #3 because there's support for it in scripture, but maybe it's actually #2?