Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Why don't the stateless civilians defending themselves from genocide only go after military targets equipped with the best hardware and training on the planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

zer0spunk posted:

defending themselves by firing rockets into civilian cities, yeah, that makes sense

you see we had to fill these rockets with nails so they'd do as much secondary damage as possible..for defense.

Pretty sure the palestinians would jump at the chance to have top of the line weapons and a super power as their big brother sponsor and could afford to avoid the horrors of using gunpowder and nails. As an added bonus being able to reliably defend themselves would open the door to negotiating an equitable two state solution.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

kliras posted:

missile attack on palestine tower was caught on al jazeera live

https://twitter.com/osamabinjavaid/status/1710681329484911067

It's ok there were no nails in the guided missile i'm sure everyone was fine.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Israel has made zero concessions and has accelerated settlement building while denying right of free transit, statehood, and basic economic participation to palestine. They also have a government that makes it very clear the policies will only get worse Maybe if they hadn't have done those things we wouldn't be worrying so much about people living on land that was stolen sometimes within the last year. Killing civilians is bad, but if there's a case for war under any circumstances i'm pretty sure the palestians have one. But let's be real this won't go their way whatsoever, Gaza is going to get leveled and the palestian civilian death toll (which by definition is all
deaths seeing as palestine is denied statehood and thus a "legitimate"
combatant) will be 100x the israeli death toll.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

This whole first nations analogy doesn't quite capture things. It's not like israel stopped settlements in 1947, they are doing it right now and Netanyahu made it very clear that it's going to accelerate. If I bulldozed someone's house on the Navajo reservation last week and made it clear i was doing their neighbors homes next week i'm pretty sure they would be reasonable to start shooting at me.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

thekeeshman posted:

If you believe prior residence claims go back indefinitely then the Palestinians are the settlers since they moved in after the Jews were expelled by the Romans.

The current right here right now policy is expanded settlements indefinitely. This isn't some academic argument about what happened 300 years ago in the ohio valley, this is a nuclear armed nation
with a professional military saying our stated goal right now and in the future is to take more of your land to be resettled by hardliners of our ethnostate. If israel said no more settlements, you get statehood and basic human rights our bad this never would have happened.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Miftan posted:

Contrary to popular belief, military service is not mandatory in Israel. You can choose to go to jail which is the vastly more moral option, despite being looked down at by most of the Israeli population (because most of the Israeli population is insanely right wing)

It's also not compulsory if you're an orthodox settler whose participation in ethnic cleanseing was the proximate cause of said conflict.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The Kingfish posted:

It was a rave for peace held on occupied territory?

I'm being told my bachanalia to benefit hunger did not go over well in South Sudan.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The moral position is to support the discriminate violence of israel. The dense residential buildings they flattened with children inside were planned targets hit with guided munitions. Much more civilized than the indiscriminate violence of the palestinians.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Dexanth posted:

The amount of lovely death & terrorism celebrating posting in here is insane.

Is Israel ruled by a fuckin' lunatic right wing government? Hell yes. Is there a significant portion of the Israeli populace who hates Bibi? Also yes, which is why massive protests have been rocking the country for months now given their attempt to seize further power.

And a lot of the rightward drift lately is because, well, Bibi is a fuckin' criminal whose trying to avoid being prosecuted for corruption.

People keep dropping genocide/extermination here, and yet the population of Gaza has nearly doubled in the past 20 years. Apartheid ghetto that is being victimized by oppression? Heck yes.

If Hamas had actually been out to win sympathy for their cause, there were far better ways to go about this. They could have, for instance, forced people out of their homes at gunpoint, and then torched the property. Burn the settlements, keep the people alive - now you're forcing the Israeli government to resettle its own people while also clearing the colonial settlements at the same time.

Or as Conspiratiorist has noted, go after purely military targets.

Or any number of other things that are not /going around massacring, raping, and killing unarmed people/ and thus triggering exactly the global & local responses we are seeing.

Israel is a lovely apartheid state. gently caress Bibi for being a corrupt shitheel and making it worse.

Massacring civilians is also wrong. gently caress Hamas for this poo poo.

If i were born into a captive state brutalized with no human rights by a government openly planning on eliminating my people i would resist but correctly.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

E. Revenant posted:

Ok, so are the palestinian militants adult humans that can choose not to inflict murder, rape, and torture on innocent civilians or unthinking agents of israeli conditioning that are incapable of not inflicting murder, rape, and torture of innocent civilians. I'm getting mixed messages here if the individuals that committed those acts should be receive retribution.

The israelis with all of the levers of power and the ownership of the apartheid state could easily stop. The moral calculus for them is one where the atrocities are done entirely for their own sake whereas the palestinians are fighting for their right to not be genocided. They are not on even moral grounds and any attempt to portray it as such is lending support to a regime that could stop crimes against humanity but doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Gonna guess the culprit was the side with the ordinance that could level a high rise and not the one that would struggle to level a duplex. A 10kg low yield warhead couldn't level my home much less a hospital.