Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Charliegrs posted:

Targets can be things, and targets can be people. When a warplane bombs an ammunition factory for example, the building itself is the target. The destruction of the building is the goal. When a warplane wants to kill some high ranking military officials unless they are out in the open then they are going to be in a building which is what gets bombed. In both cases a building was destroyed, but in the latter example the goal was to kill the enemy military officials.

It's pretty obvious what Israel's actual goal was to bomb the consulate since they could have done it whenever but did it when some Quds force officials were there. Unless you think Israel just wants to bomb diplomatic buildings now just because they are owned by an enemy state.

Does this stop at venues protected by the Vienna convention? Or does it extend to hospitals? How about aid convoys operated by Washington based celebrity chefs? Maybe NGO headquarters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

us already sanctions Iranian public guard, identified officers are on a watchlist banning banking and entry to allied nations mostly. so I would guess that way. although I think some part of that is under antiterror laws, so maybe different mechanic would be necessary.

Given the mass graves currently being discovered at Al Shifa I think any rational actor would consider the IDF breaching the anti-terror laws.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Young Freud posted:

How did Israel fly to Iran? I don't think the Israeli Air Force has refueling tankers and every path would require them to fly through airspace of discerning nations.

I have bad news about the USAF's complicity in genocide

This tweet looks bad in the current moment of airstrikes on Iraq, Syria and Iran

https://x.com/marcorubio/status/1781135619508285791

cagliostr0 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 19, 2024

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
So yesterday when it was reported that the white house had reached a deal to allow the idf to invade Rafah on the proviso they didn't attack Iran, effectively saying if you are a good boy and don't start world war 3 you can continue your genocide, presumably this agreement is now void and it should be expected the USA should act in accordance with the requirements of the convention for the prevention of genocide?

Any reasonable person knows the USA will continue enabling Israel so what argument is there that American targets aren't legitimate as part of resolving the current conflict?

Edit: This makes the Rafah deal that was reported even more ludicrous

https://x.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1781149557306401272

cagliostr0 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 19, 2024