Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Demiurge4 posted:

I noticed an article floating around on facebook that the EU are takin steps against certain Israeli imports. It's rather about time.

If there is any organ with a finger on the pulse of the various tragedies intersecting in the Israel / Palestine conflict its facebook.

That said I've done some cursory research relating to the end of the British mandatory government and the start of the Israeli/Arab war. I'm curious if there are any papers or books that present an effective if condensed narrative of the ensuing half century? I'm familiar with events after 2008 or so but everything between 1948 and 2008 is still something of a mystery for me outside of cursory googling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

speaking of toothless international condemnation, does the UN have the power to reform the security council without vetoes from the permanent members? or is the danger of the US pulling a samson on the organization enough to quash any potential change?

Not that I'm aware of. Its likely that any (and probably every member) of the security council would put up a fuss if their veto power was threatened. Even if they were how would you effectively chastise major nuclear powers?