Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

This, plus shooting at the drones can at the same time give Iran specific locations of air defense systems to shoot at if there are any specific systems they do not already have the locations for.

I'm not sure how many batteries are fixed, but I'm not sure Iran has the ability to detect air defense sites in that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Charliegrs posted:

Does Israel attack Iranian military personnel all over the Middle East in places like Syria, Lebanon, etc. Yes. But Israel has never attacked Iran itself to the best of my knowledge. Unless you count cyber attacks.

Do assassinations count?

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

They’ve taken direct and indirect action against nuclear facilities over the years. Some full on air assaults and in recent years more covert attacks launched from inside Iran.

Wait, what? Air assaults? When did that happen?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Young Freud posted:

I'm also certain that Iran flew them in a way to be more detectable and intercepted by flying them at higher altitudes. When Russia started flying Shaheds vs. Ukraine, they were at such low altitudes that, if they could spot them in time, could be engaged at assault rifle ranges, indicating typical operation flight ceilings of less than 400m to evade radar. Treetop flying and the construction of the drone means that typical tactics for the Shahed would be hard to detect plus difficult to intercept without the Iron Dome interceptors accidentally hitting the targets they're meant to protect.

The alternative reason they flew them high was to stop people in Iraq or Jordan from shooting them down maybe?