Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah its still hearsay but also in the mainstream press

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/06/24/univision-exclusive-on-omar-mateens-secret-gay-life-comes-under-fire/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

You don't understand what accountable means in this case. Just because the UN or whomever can't put Israel over a barrel and make them comply with whatever norms you have in mind doesn't mean their soldiers aren't accountable to competent authority.

my god, man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"are...are we the baddies?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Netanyahu himself is opposed to this legislature, it's just grandstanding by the Jewish Home as this law is guaranteed to get struck down by the supreme court.

What makes some settlements legal and others illegal in Israeli law?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HorseLord posted:

- more lebensraum for us
- gently caress you

That contradicts the poster I was quoting, but this is more what I had in mind tbh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:chloe:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Everything I posted was out of my own accord. Thank you very much.

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speaking of toothless international condemnation, does the UN have the power to reform the security council without vetoes from the permanent members? or is the danger of the US pulling a samson on the organization enough to quash any potential change?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Payot? Those are straps from the construction hat Spidey avatar that someone photo-chopped a fedora over.

But keep grasping at straws you racist piece of poo poo. :allears:

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've hitchhiked about a dozen times in mexico, guatemala and el salvador. it's awesome.

i could imagine trying it in the states, but i could not imagine someone actually stopping for me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

a cop might pull over and stop long enough to shoot you

i was on highway 57 maybe 50 miles south of piedras negras when a patrol car crept up behind me and blared over his speakers "HEY WHATS UP GRINGO" and then sped off

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

It all depends on which small parties break 3.25%

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when happens when a secular-right coalition gains power and orthodox kids start getting drafted? what kind of resistance would we see?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lum_ posted:

So apparently one of the haredi parties (UTJ) is saying "waaaait a minute we might be OK with Kahol Lavan and Lapid after all" which could mean that they're just trying to soak Netanyahu for more graft but potentially it could open up a coalition with Kahol Lavan, the leftist parties, and UTJ to get to 52 seats, and with the Joint List supporting from outside that means Kahol Lavan could put together a government without Lieberman or Likud.

It probably won't happen and it's just UTJ trying to get more out of Likud, but Netanyahu's probably sweating bullets at the possibility.

Not gonna happen lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

from what i understand, blue and white could have offered an easy grand coalition with likud on condition they just eject netanyahu, but it won't happen because the party has become his cult of personality in the last 25 years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

American Jewish media is hilariously lovely

though as bad as the Forward is, I think they have yet to top the Tablet piece slamming Holocaust survivors as villainous scum who were asking for it

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericuman/status/225363256636751873

holy poo poo that's worth a click

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hey remember when we at least hoped Gantz would not be as bad as Bibi

https://twitter.com/barakravid/status/1219589321885392897?s=21

lol how cynical

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gun Jam posted:

Not precisely.

that green part ain't really green my dude

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

You say tunnel, but it could be a bridge!

let me ask the ethnostate attached to metaphor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pro-click

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

west side story but it's west bank story and the dancing is a lot better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

I can see every single member of every party in the Joint List being indicted for support for terrorism.

i can't see anyone from joint list being called by the president to form a government

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

this way he gets to be part of an actual government

oh neat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

de jure, Palestine doesn't really exist in an international sense, which leads me to something I've been meaning to ask for awhile. If the US stopped opposition to Palestine joining the UN, what happens then? How quickly does Israel's policy collapse and what would happen to their internal politics?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xander77 posted:

(from different parts of the country)

lol what does this mean effectively

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xander77 posted:

That it's not just teachers in a specific school \ town who are getting sick?

my local tv station has a bigger broadcast area, we can see infection rate by zip code but there's probably 60,000 people in each. I just didnt know if israel is broken up into districts; it took me like 30 minutes to drive across it the last time I was there

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol israel, looking forward to naftali bennett having the second-largest parliamentary grouping

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

There isn’t a viable alternative right now though

the polls say otherwise

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Does Gantz really have a significant enough base for elections anymore? You'd think getting soundly humiliated on both ends for betraying everyone to become netanyahu's pet opposition would severely hamper "vote for me again THIS time so we can get rid of Bibi!" Rhetoric.

He's decisively shown that he'd side with Likud over Literally Everyone Else when given the opportunity.

gantz could conceivably come in fourth place, he's nick clegg now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DarkCrawler posted:

What the hell lol

It is a testament to the Israeli civil service that there isn't a civil war on right now.

all the major parties agree on the one main issue

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

any true left wing party like meretz would necessarily be desegregated and allow arabic participation, which would alienate it from the current israeli political discourse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Miftan posted:

It is as brazen, look up some of the US definitions for "enemy combatant"

you're making his point for him. the US has a veneer of not explicitly aiming live rounds on the femoral artery during protests

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

By popular demand posted:

we have a space security program? Are Palestinians moving to establish space colonies for us to be paranoid about?

don't you know they're pod people that crash-landed in 1948 with no previous history on earth

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can't wait for the Sa'ar Likud, secular right, centrist, Meretz and Arab coalition against Netanyahu Likud and the orthodox parties

another round of elections by july lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the trigger for this election was because they couldn't pass a budget

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Those kid cancer ads remind of a those late night evangelical ads on satellite tv in the 90’s-early 2000s to “buy blankets” for holocaust survivors in the West Bank who were freezing to death every winter because they had no blankets. Long drawn out shots of 90 year old women shivering and sobbing. While some fat tv preacher begged you to save them.
God knows what that money actually went to.
How much are Facebook ads these days because these Israeli kid cancer vids make up like half of what I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2os_gicdWA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah afaik instead of an amalgamation of apocalyptic prophets prevalent in the 1st century BC, jesus was just the youtuber that went viral

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*benny gantz flips over coffee cup*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

she'd still rather form a coalition involving naftali bennett than the joint list