Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008
Thanks for all your hard work Grey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Im still just checking this thread every day for updates. You did this to me Grey! and i thank you for it!

Seriously though, thanks alot for going through this thing 2+ times.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

SerthVarnee posted:

Im still just checking this thread every day for updates. You did this to me Grey! and i thank you for it!

Seriously though, thanks alot for going through this thing 2+ times.

I've worried myself I've missed updates a couple of times!

I actually played some ANNO 1800 for myself this morning. no LPing or anything. I might even do some Fantasy General vids tomorrow.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Just popping in to say thanks for all the effort over the years.

I don't think I often posted (or at all, in fact) but checking in with the thread every morning has been a part of my routine for so long that even after reading the conclusion yesterday, I felt the spark of "Ooo! New posts = update!" when I checked into the thread this morning and hence making this post.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Thank you for all the hard work you put in Grey, has been a fun ride.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

When this LP started I was living overseas. Over the course of this LP I changed jobs, changed jobs again, moved to a new country, lost that job, moved back to my home country, got a new job, got transferred to a new city, and promoted. It's wild to remember I was checking this thread daily through all that.

Though not as wild as you not having a kid at the start of the LP and having one by the end.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

He's nearly 3 and a half.....

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Grey Hunter posted:

He's nearly 3 and a half.....

So does he know how to drive a Crusader tank yet?

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
Congratulations Grey.

Didn't you have a Crusader Kings I LP that you played to completion, but didn't post. What ever happened to that?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

cambrian obelus posted:

Congratulations Grey.

Didn't you have a Crusader Kings I LP that you played to completion, but didn't post. What ever happened to that?

It's on the LP master list but for whatever reason it's listed under the Distant Worlds entry

The full list is here and it probably needs a few things added to it or renamed if I remember correctly.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 6, 2019

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

cambrian obelus posted:

Congratulations Grey.

Yeah, I was trying to do a history style LP where I rewrote the whole thing at the end to get more of a flow.

Then CK2 came out.
I think I lost it a couple of hard drives ago

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat

overmind2000 posted:

It's on the LP master list but for whatever reason it's listed under the Distant Worlds entry

The full list is here and it probably needs a few things added to it or renamed if I remember correctly.

This was the one before that. Where Grey showed the LPs he was doing and also this completed CK I LP was waiting to be posted. Too bad it got lost. I bet it would have been a good read.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thank you so much for this, Grey. I followed this and your Allied one and both were wild rides. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sad the ai is so incredibly, horribly bad. maybe in a few years someone will take one of those learning ais, figure out how to abstract the game states organically to a limited set, and make a nasty ai for the game, before handing the new logistics bot to the army so skynet can kill us all finally. until then, we can just admire the san fran armada

good job making a good lp out of it anyways, lol

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I made this post a bit over a year ago

CannonFodder posted:

I believe Grey will make some progress once the KB is ready to go again.

Just hope he doesn't run into anything...

These are a bunch of flattops in San Diego after the war.
And the truth is they were lined up in San Francisco instead.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been following these for years. Hard to believe they're finally all over.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Like everyone else, just piping up to say I'm super impressed that you've finished two of these now, and I've enjoyed following both!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

It’s been a wild ride. Thank you, Grey! :japan:

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
I have followed two of these now and I must say, Grey your commitment to my free entertainment is commendable! Actually following these day by day gives a real appreciation for what a massive effort fully industrialized war is.

Congratulations!

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Thank you Grey, missed the first game, but followed this one from day 1.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
I can't believe I've been reading this for 4 years. Congratulations! Encore!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:stonklol:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

For those who aren't following the Something Awful Propaganda thread in GBS:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pershing posted:

That needs to be in the OP if this thread ever gets uploaded to the LP Archive

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pershing posted:

That is amazing.

That's going to be a wallpaper at work, just to confuse all my coworkers.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
iIve read both of the Pacific-based LP's both were an important part of the journey to work. Thank-you GH.

Now to read a LP where the British navy doesn't get sunk en-masse.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Can this get gold mined?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
It'll go up on the lp archive I'm sure anyway.

Also if anyone wants a game of witp as it should be played hit me up.