Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Bah, all good ones are taken already.
I'll take Shropshire as I did the last time, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
Grabbing IJN Atago.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I suppose that I should get in on this as well. I of course choose the mighty and proud DD Inazuma, last of her line.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

quote:

Okay – life point! My wife is currently pregnant, child due in April. Al going well, by the time this ends, I'll be having arguments with the little monster.

Grey you old dog, I knew you had it in you! Congrats!

I would like the claim the CV Soryu if it's available.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I'll take BC Repulse, invincible battlecruiser that she is.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gort posted:

I'll take BC Repulse, invincible battlecruiser that she is.

Uhh.... about that.

Or did I miss :thejoke:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'll take the plucky BB Prince of Wales, since it's not a confirmed casualty yet.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead, be that guy, and claim the USS Enterprise (CV-6) because holy poo poo, why would you not.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Because by claiming it you've sealed Its dooooooom.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Can we claim ships not yet built? If so, I'm pulling for the Hiyō, the the most salutatory carrier that has ever sailed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nth Doctor posted:

Can we claim ships not yet built? If so, I'm pulling for the Hiyō, the the most salutatory carrier that has ever sailed.

The last LP had at least one person claim an island, so anything goes! I'll add it to the list.

IceMole
Aug 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is that not the point?

I'd like to claim CV Lexington.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hey, the nickname to live up to is 'grey ghost' not 'grey risk-adverse communist'

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Anybody take the New Orleans? Because I might actually remember the ship's name this time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'll take the CA Chikuma, if it isn't already claimed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Also according to the first image the war has been simmering for a year.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I'll take the Saratoga, if it's available please!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Calling it now, those cancelled carriers will turn out to be vital, just like that cancelled DN in Steam & Iron. I'll be back in 4 years to tell Grey I told him so :colbert:

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I'll take the Ise, queen of the seas.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone claimed the BB Fuso? I'll grab that one.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I'll grab the Wasp (CV-7) please.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Excellent. Any ambitious data tracking projects this time around? I considered logging the date of first appearance for each airframe, but I probably won't bother (since I'm about to embark on something similar for Rule the Waves...).

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
I would like the CA Indianapolis, please.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Excellent. Any ambitious data tracking projects this time around? I considered logging the date of first appearance for each airframe, but I probably won't bother (since I'm about to embark on something similar for Rule the Waves...).

I'm going to try and track every ship that makes an appearance, hopefully including their last known position or when, where and how they were sunk.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm going to try and track every ship that makes an appearance, hopefully including their last known position or when, where and how they were sunk.

Nice, well done.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Once more I claim the Iowa When of course she shows up, try to fight her with the yamato!

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I claim the New Jersey, and given the lack of an afternoon strike on Pearl I see the war is already on course for hilarity.

Looking forward to seeing the Japanese economy implode at some point in 1943 or 44.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Put me down for the Mogami (Mogami-class heavy cruiser) as a lucky ship. (It's one of the few in the IJN that used damage control well.)

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
I now have something to read until at least 2020.

I'll take BB Yamashiro as my lucky ship. With a mast that tall, how can it ever sink?

fredleander
Dec 7, 2015
This looks fun. May I sign up for IJN Amatsukaze...?

Fred

VX-145
Oct 29, 2012
I stuck around for the last one (and a bit) of these. One of the reasons I have an account. Grey, you are a gloriously insane bastard.

Calling the DD Ayanami for my "lucky" ship. Maybe she'll do better than IRL and not get murdered by a battleship.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Phone posting - if no one has picked it I'll take the Musashi!

As much as I'd like to pick the CBBC Alaska, I don't want to wait around for 3-4 years before it is commissioned. :<

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 8, 2015

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

The hell with it—I'll take Hiei, may she wreak spectral havoc once again!

fredleander posted:

This looks fun. May I sign up for IJN Amatsukaze...?

Fred

Friendly tip: Don't sign your posts here. It's a forums culture thing. (Also, Jobbo's got you covered re: Amatsukaze.)

Jobbo, you've got Kirishima down as a CA, just fyi.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
HMAS Australia please. :australia:

fredleander
Dec 7, 2015

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

The hell with it—I'll take Hiei, may she wreak spectral havoc once again!

Friendly tip: Don't sign your posts here. It's a forums culture thing. (Also, Jobbo's got you covered re: Amatsukaze.)

Hmm...not very cultural...but, thank you, anyway.

Fred

fredleander
Dec 7, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A true grog would withdraw the fleet, since despite being fully fueled in the game, in actuality they were really low on fuel at the time they launched the attack and couldn't stay on station a second day. :v:

"Low on fuel" is a matter of definition...is it not..?

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Hopefully this time around the only clunks will be from torpedoes bouncing off superior Hanzo steel and not hard drives dying :v:

MajorJohnSteed
Dec 20, 2014
I'd like the Junyo once it gets finished if its still available.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
I claim the HMCS Chilliwack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Saint Celestine posted:

I claim the HMCS Chilliwack.

A bold move, move, claiming a ship that never saw action in the Pacific for the entire duration of the war :v:

Personally I'd go with the HMCS Uganda (CL) every time if only because of the fact that it's the only ship in the entire war to have legally voted itself out of it after Germany was defeated. That was kind of a black eye for every other Canadian serving in the British Pacific Fleet. Too bad none of the British or Canadian stuff will really arrive until 1945/2020(!).