Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Getting in a few days later than the original, but I'm excited to follow Grey Hunter again. I'll take the BC Haruna as my lucky ship if she's still available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Any more forces heading up the roads to the Chungking area?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Are you getting any points for the Allied attacks in Chungking?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Grey, could you talk a bit about your grand strategy and such on the 1st? It'd be nice to know what your general plan is for the various theaters at the start of the year.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Adding into grandparent chat.

On my mom's side, grandfather graduated as a 2LT in the field artillery, but resigned to enlist and become a lab tech for a general hospital in Europe. Landed DDay+6. Was in Liege during the Battle of the Bulge, and had a story about giving directions to an armored column while standing guard in the middle of the night. He's got some great pictures of post-war Belgium from both the ground and a friend's A-26. Grandmother stayed stateside, but learned to fly P-47s during the war. Her pilots training was how they eventually met.

On my dad's side, grandfather was an engineering professor who did a lot of cryogenics research. Most of his younger brothers served, but he taught and apparently did some work for the Manhattan Project stateside. My parents have a letter filed away somewhere for a special gas allowance for him to drive to either Rochester or Oak Ridge for government purposes.

There's german family on both sides, but the only story I know is from my mom's side about the family pre-war shutting down their manufacturing plant, hiding the tools in the woods, and going back to work the family farm. I wish I had more details than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Making smaller and smaller rubble. It's an alternative path to nuclear weapons as they'll soon be splitting atoms.

e: Also it's good to see the Allies are wasting huge amounts of resources on what is surely some giant flying turkey boondoggle. Those things will probably blow up the moment flak looks at them the wrong way.

Wu-Tang Clan unavailable for comment on the opening of a new gravel pit in Rangoon.