Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Gnoman posted:

How well do you think you could fight if your uniforms have rotted away, you're completely out of ammo, your radios have rusted away, your tanks are out of gas, and all your soldiers starved to death three weeks ago?

Based on Eniwetok, unnaturally well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

The day gets worse as the Allies recapture Sebang – with my troops still in the ships in harbour!

So, you'd landed, forced the allied troops into the jungle around the town, then when your men were loading back onto transports the allies came charging back out of the jungle, overwhelmed the defenders, and captured the transports with all the troops loading onto them? That's going to make one hell of an epic movie in this timeline.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
My grandfathers both ended up in very safe war jobs.

One of my grandfathers was a navy scientist who got drafted into the navy because when the army drafted navy scientists, they put them to work on army projects. He worked on sonar, and had some excellent stories, like the time he either caught a German spy or turned in a janitor with brilliant math skills, and the time there was a storm and his boss's car got crushed by a mini sub, resulting in the weirdest insurance report ever.

My other grandfather was in the army, deployed to Normandy shortly after Paris got taken. A senior officer noticed he had been a golf course manager for his civilian job and promptly took him to be a caddy on the golf course just outside Paris. That's where he spent the rest of the war, advising generals and politicians on which club to use and picking up on cute French girls.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

SHUT OFF PROD --- 1459

Why do we even have that button?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Woodchip posted:

Dude, there's an airship unit that appears in Alameda. This has to get to the front lines.

Weird that they’re in Alameda, they were based out of Moffett Field in Mountain View. You can still see the blimp hangers from the 101.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

Thirteen Betties go out and seventeen come back damaged.

Look if you have a better way to boost production I’m sure Grey would be glad to hear it.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, this is an impressive demonstration of just how the game doesn't work at all. Spend literal years waiting to see the soviets roll through and they don't move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Thank you for 8 years of amazing threads in a broken, janky game. Please chill out and enjoy, this song is dedicated to the US Pacific Fleet

https://youtu.be/wyPKRcBTsFQ