Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are some of the gamey strategies that you can do if you are really good at the game? Isn't it better as a JP player to not do Pearl Harbor and instead race the KB to the Philippines or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

I'd just like to remind everyone of what happened the last time Grey Hunter played a game where it was "OK I'm going to win like nuts in the beginning, and then the way the game's designed inevitably means that I'm going to start going backwards and consolidating somewhat and the real measure of success isn't what I gain now, it's what I don't lose later"

http://lparchive.org/War-in-the-East/

We have an even-money chance of this either ending in Operation Downfall or the American intelligence report reading "Tokyo Bay Fortress is located at San Francisco".

To be fair, Grey's WiTE game glitched out after a patch and the Soviet AI stopped evacuating all of its industry. This allowed him to destroy like 2/3 of all Soviet tank production in the first year of the war.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Where are the Japanese battleships at the moment?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BurningStone posted:

How hard is it for Japan to steamroll to an auto-win? Can the AI put up credible resistance these days? Part of me would be sad if this ended in "only" a year.

From what I understand it takes a WiTP master to auto-win as the Japanese, and it is a grind the entire way. And Grey is no WiTP master. He, like any non-master who plays as the Japanese, will either lose the war or run out the clock for a time victory.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is this somehow going worse than the aborted last LP?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

You guys are going to laugh so hard in a few days time......

Still looking forward to this. Part of me hopes Grey experiences a Midway in the first month of the war.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are there any weird minute features of this game that even the most grogiest of spergs don't understand?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Whats the most single decisive battle that anyone's experienced in this game? Like, Philippine Sea+Leyte Gulf level carnage? Are there any ARR with a battle like that?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What are some of the best non-Grey WiTP LPs? Ones that aren't just literally giant walls of fancition but actual game logs like Grey does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, Clark Field might well have become a nearly impregnable bastion if we'd had another 18 months to finish building it and stockpiling supplies.

MacArthur still would have managed to gently caress everything up and lose it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That's a lot of transports lost.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Actually it was the Olympic that was sunk, the Titanic had been secretly replaced by the Olympic just prior to her maiden voyage and intentionally sunk by the White Star Line for the insurance!

This is a real conspiracy theory that people believe. :eng99:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can you eventually take so long trying to take Singapore that it becomes essentially impenetrable?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sorry Grey but I was rooting for the Singapore garrison to hold out until summer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man the AI is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No map :(