Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

How did I not notice this yesterday? Good to see you keeping things traditional by starting off the war with a new British reef right off the bat.

As for lucky ships, I call the USS Wahoo. Too bad WITP doesn't model attacks on trawlers with Molotov cocktails.

LeadSled fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I already am :smuggo:

RIP Kido Butai, killed because Grey forgot to load any planes aboard.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Grey's fighter pilots were clearly replaced with War Thunder pubbies.

No, they're all the fixed-wing version of this guy right here

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Don't forget what happened to the Blucher.

...I've never even heard of a land-based torpedo launcher, until now.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Jesenjin posted:

I think you are right.

Grey's just accurately roleplaying the IJN - there was a terrible calamity on the 5th that he'll keep secret until October, then casually begin mentioning snippets of just how disastrous the battle was for him.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Reuben Sandwich posted:

Didn't GH try to do a submarine game LP with a crew full of goons and sunk the boat a few days out of port?

Well, wouldn't you do the same?

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

PhotoKirk posted:

Yeah, Mush Morton didn't do things half-assed.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/wahoo.html

Grey, does this game model Molotov cocktail stores on board a Gato-class fleet boat? This is very important for Reasons.

One weird thing about Morton is that he kinda divvied up the workload during an attack between his XO, Dick O'Kane, and himself during attack runs. Typically, you'd have the Captain on the periscope, and the XO running around doing his thing. Mush, on the other hand, liked to have O'Kane on the periscope, giving the captain more time to plan out his rampage without having to tire himself out searching the scope.

Dude liked to sit back and visualize all of the aspects of his warcrimes, you see.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The problem is that to sweep for mines effectively you need people on the boats.

That's what German POWs are for.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Night10194 posted:

So that's the end of the LP, right? Since Grey admitted a defeat in battle a more zealous junior officer assassinates him and takes over, right?

Grey Jr will lead us to victory! Banzai!

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

You see, what we're actually witnessing is the Japanese version of Das Boot. The Yamato will make it safely back to dock, only to get hit by a b24 bombing from 25000ft.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Insane Totoro posted:

Well looks like the Iowa vs Yamato debate got settled.

Yeah, the Yamato sure settled alright...

... About a hundred fathoms down on the mud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

I'm loving staggered your pilots are bringing down Jug-Ns, American pilots still must be trying to turn fight with Zeros.

John Thach must have bought it way early in the war for that kind of idiocy to continue. The idea of a turning fight in a Thunderbolt is just bonkers.