Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Congrats - hope you're both doing well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I'd like to see an LP on the Japan side of someone clowning repeatedly on the AI. Grey is getting by playing with the system, I wanna see someone take the system and crack it open like a walnut.

I think it was Steineroken (sorry that's probably a horrendous mangling of the username) who was doing an LP but gave up pretty early in because he got tired of smashing the AI.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Found it!

Thread 1 (archives needed): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576759

Thread 2: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704111

Also I'm bad at spelling "steinrokkan"

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Just a thought at breaking the deadlock, we obviously know the sites that the AI is throwing wave after wave at and has to conquer before it moves on to the next part of the script. What would happen if we did a "Tactical Withdrawal" from those places, or even entirely back to the Home Islands? Would that kick things along again?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Just popping in to say thanks for all the effort over the years.

I don't think I often posted (or at all, in fact) but checking in with the thread every morning has been a part of my routine for so long that even after reading the conclusion yesterday, I felt the spark of "Ooo! New posts = update!" when I checked into the thread this morning and hence making this post.