Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Reuben Sandwich posted:

More like

GH: say "bombard"
Kid: shock!
GH: no, "bombard"
Kid: shock!

Valiantman posted:

Sometimes this forum produces such wonderful jokes that are both totally insular and have required literally years of set-up time.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Any allied soldiers loading up into LSTs at this point in the war must be freaking the hell out.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

world supply of submerged pre-atmospheric nuclear isotope ridden steel lookin good

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Oh man, we got what we wanted. Though the cowards undercut our murderfest running out our big guns on their smaller fish, at least the Iowa went out in a battleship fight!

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Do we have any estimates on how many American sailors/troops/personnel have died at sea at this point in our timeline vs. reality? It feels like we are far, far above historical numbers even with our anemic air power from the sheer number of loaded transports and capital ships we've sunk

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Saint Celestine posted:

drat, how is a PB worth that much?

It is groundhog's day ITT

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

LST crew must have the worst gallows humor in the pacific.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

The remaining Essex hulls being laid down are all being converted to battleships in this timeline

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I... presume thats what an attack without planning looks like? Hachi machi thats a lot of dead pixelmans

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

might as well just make nautical Sherman tanks at this point with all the LSTs getting sunk in this war

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Lakedaimon posted:

because 30 Helens agree

:hai:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Does the game have any fluff justification of what each for level of fortification is supposed to represent? From wire and tank traps at level 2 up to layered trenches and bunkers at level 4, is level 6 something like Godzilla anchored in Tokyo's harbor and nicknamed Tokyo Bay fortress, its location closely monitored by Allied intelligence. That kinda thing?

Just trying to imagine what Wake must look at this point.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Submersible battleships will be the new meta in warfare.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Grumio posted:

Thirty Helens agree

:hai:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm still losing more planes than I would like.

A very dull day, the carriers are not engaging each other. SO I'm splitting the battleships and destroyers from the carriers and sending them in alone!

Allies are hosed, everyone knows battleships are the true power of the sea in this timeline

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Call it a win now but plan and carry out one last full carrier attack before ending the game.

Pearl Harbor 2: Pearl Harder

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Does make me wonder who's defending New Zealand.

Orcs.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

kirov reporting

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I am so glad we went with Pearl Harder as the operation name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I am with the others here recognizing the daily updates here have been a constant across near a decade of our lives, for me changing paths in life, changing states, changing schools, changing relationships, moving from multiple cities, completing an undergraduate degree and my masters degree afterwards, and making significant headway into a new career.

Congrats on getting to the end Grey, and you remain a madman for taking on as much as you do, but we appreciate what you do. The location of Tokyo Bay Fortress will forever remain in our hearts, though allied intelligence may speculate otherwise.