Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Should be fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing how long Grey can prolong defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I guess I'll claim the light cruiser Kuma. Not out of any real attachment, beyond the fact its the first Japanese warship I ever torpedoed in Silent Hunter IV.

It'd be funny if it died to the Skipjack in this game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Davin Valkri posted:

Are you going to be going for a second wave at Pearl? Or are other matters more pressing?

Also sign me up for I-168!

A true grog would withdraw the fleet, since despite being fully fueled in the game, in actuality they were really low on fuel at the time they launched the attack and couldn't stay on station a second day. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

People are claiming "Lucky" ships to follow their progress through the war until their inevitable sinking.

People get into it! Hence the "Grey Hunter sinks the British Navy" jokes that continue in his LPs to this day. He also received mostly joking death threats about if the CV Enterprise ever got sunk.

The day by day format can make things really tense. Nothing like seeing a precious carrier or something get torpedoed and anxiously wait each day for reports of whether its finally sunk or made it back to a friendly port for repairs, and then realizing that it will be undergoing repair for months before we see it again.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gort posted:

I'll take BC Repulse, invincible battlecruiser that she is.

Uhh.... about that.

Or did I miss :thejoke:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Because by claiming it you've sealed Its dooooooom.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sink all the enemy shippies, sir, the enemy shippies. Our shippies like being unsunk.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There is no way all those battleships have been sunk. I refuse to believe it.

It would be nice if we could bag that carrier though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Don't disrespect biplane torpedo bombers. Ask the Bismarck about Swordfishes. :colbert: