Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Calling the DD Hibiki! This should be a wild ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Losing most of a division is a pretty nice Christmas present for the allies...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The worst part of sinking the President Coolaid is that we'll never again get to use that amazing name :(

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
It's a bit inappropriate to call these updates Hawaii time, isn't it? Should be glorious Asian co-prosperity sphere central time or something else appropriately jingoistic.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I really preferred the grandparent derail to this one.

My grandfather was too young to be conscripted, but not too young to be put in a forced labour camp!

Also not too young to see his buddy get decapitated by an Allied bomb!

...he didn't talk very much about the war.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Hinomaru falls
Only one can protect us
Tokyo Bay Fortress

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Pounding tropic heat
Liner shimmers in the haze
Torpedoes away

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is Palembang on the menu at all for this year?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The Kiddo Bu-tan?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Must be running low on airframes if you have to drag the biplanes out of storage for attack duties.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Hopefully the AI will repeat this shitstorm all over again with its fleet carriers instead. Though by that time we may be on the losing side of the exchange.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
On the plus side, their burned-out (but not holed) hulks will make an excellent base for a carrier conversion!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Congratulations on taking Singapore!

What are typical Chungking defenses like? Would it be like trying to take Singapore all over again?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is Japanese ASW even worth bothering with before 1944?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
i feel like the lack of torpedoes is going to cost us the war.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Chungking is like the boss level, but looks like Grey missed the room with all the ammo and health pickups before it :ohdear:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I guess this is why you don't split the Kido Butai.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
What's going on at Chungking? Has the earth risen up and swallowed the IJA whole?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is it ever worth it to build up Chinese cities to boost base points?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does the AI ever sortie in response to enemies? It seems from previous discussion that there's a preset schedule for attacks and the AI just throws more and more ships into each attack as the war goes on.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does the AI ever split its fleets in response to threats? Is it possible to lure off a few carriers at a time and sink them when the ship advantage gets overwhelming?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does the AI have any hope of invading an island with level 5 forts? Seems like an easy-ish way to game their fixed invasion script.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
What's going on at Cox's Bazaar? Still slogging up to retake it?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is the Japanese pilot pool capped at some arbitrary size? Is it viable to hoard pilots and train them in low-risk China until kamikazes become available?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
B-17s really are indestructible, aren't they? I don't think we've seen more than a handful get downed by air-to-air combat.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
So that's about half a division sunk? Pretty good, almost makes up for losing a whole division last game!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Surely this decisive defeat will bring the Allies to the negotiating table!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

NastyToes posted:

Can someone explain why Grey is a croctopus? I understand every other reference in that image, but the croctopus stumps me.

Because he is BUILDING a BOTE

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
That AP would be a nice kill! Any planes in range on that NZ invasion?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Chungking might be more useful as a way to farm points than it would be captured. Killing twice the pixel-population of China in one city!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
We can get supply to the middle of the mountains, but can't supply the largest Japanese army in China that's next to two rivers, a railroad and highways?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Tentacle slipped on the ol' shock-deliberate lever again, eh?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Seems like Allied troop ship losses have soared well beyond historical figures.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The Hankow AV improved from 2:1 to 6:1 based purely on the troops being in supply for once, it looks like.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
And now Japanese AV at Hankow is 1:1. Guess they can eat C-rations.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The Great Hebrides Turkey Shoot. Not even a single damaged Allied plane in that strike, dang.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

I think the Japanese never really get any good armor or anti-tank guns so anything that a proper tank touches just kinda melts.

Late-war tanks are able to somewhat compete against American armour. Seems like a lot of AARs revolve around hoarding those units (and oil, of course) as closely as possible to help hold out in 1945.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
It must take either a lot of skill, luck or incompetence for a destroyer to torpedo a TB. Can't imagine there being much left to confirm the kill.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
(Western) Australia's going to be speaking Japanese soon! Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
How do the Chinese/Manchukuo units compare to the SNLF ones? Are they any better against American or Australian units?