Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

Okay – life point! My wife is currently pregnant, child due in April. Al going well, by the time this ends, I'll be having arguments with the little monster.

Well congratulations! May good times roll.

So, what are you doing different this time around?

Also, since we're not grandfathering in last year's choices, BB Mutsu. . I've got a lucky feeling about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

drat you! Was looking forward to claim it for the third WitP LP in a row (both the previous ones were abandoned). :argh:

Don't look at me! I wanted Nagato for the third WITP LP in row!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

goatface posted:

Also, holy poo poo boyo. Getting the super-deathstacks rolling a bit early. That is an insane day of combat, 100k men storming a city.

China's Chongqing or bust. If he can get enough converging on there fast enough, then he's won Asia. If not, he's going to have millions of men tied up for the next few years slowly bleeding.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

The plan in China is based around stripping the Manchurian garrison to provide thousands of fresh bodies, once we have locked down China, I can begin to move these troops out to other theatres (as much as they are not locked in.)

So Changsha and then swinging around to Chungking? Won't trying to take enter Chungking from the south require entering its hex from across a river? Or will have them meet up with a Manchurian force already there that came by way of Sian?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

Here is the plan in China – we're pushing for the big one! I want to free up troops for other regions!

Sounds good, but are you going to go over the river straight into the city or detour slightly NW?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

The Chinese are to powerful in the south, I have diverted troops to clean up the situation.

Wouldn't it be better to divert troops from the south to help take Chongqing?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

The brutal fighting at Changsha continues, but the AV is now firmly in our favour.

Those are some bigass rivers, what's the largest ship you can sail in there to provide fire support? Can you get some use from the Kongo's?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of ill-advised shock attacks, it looks like you'll be forced to launch another one yourself as soon as that beat-up looking counter arrives in Singapore.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah I'm getting real nervous about your impending shock attack in Singapore. I'm I worrying over nothing?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, what happens if an allied unit crosses the soviet border pre-45? Can you keep them supplied while they're there?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gort posted:

For example?

Cooperation between the army and navy's the biggest historical discrepancy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

My destroyers are not exactly covering themselves in glory today.

Ah poo poo.

quote:

IT HAS HAPPENED!
The day of days has arrived, Singapore finally falls to our forces. 25,000 men and 29 units surrender to our forces – its been a long fight, but this should send the war skyrocketing in our direction.

Oh poo poo!

quote:

The long march north is over. Now we can rest up for a while, then turn south for Chunking. Then we'll have another long siege.

Oh poo poo!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Does that -supply in China mean the Chunking Siege is having the desired effect?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Interesting. Could you give a big map of China at the moment?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn, that was a fine day indeed. Congratulations!

How many kills did muh Mutsu get?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey would like to have posted:

Muh, muh Mutsu!

drat you guy who snatched the Nagato out from under me!

Great work Grey.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

The Age of the Battleship continues!

How's the Mutsu doing? :ohdear:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So is the force in Chunking directly preventing supplies from flowing to the rest of China?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hell of a day Grey, though I'm still mystified how your attackers have -supply. Also can we guess which grand strategy the AI chose at the beginning of the game?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn I picked the right lucky ship. Any way to know the Mutsu's kill count?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Would a CA sized shore bombardment deal with American tanks?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Can you shore-bombard an island you control if the enemy has landed there?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Beautiful! How long have you had that in your back pocket?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

That bomb must have literally bounced off the Mutsu.

She's a fine pick, she is.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Now it's been about 3 years but didn't someone say that the soviets get no reinforcements whatsoever until august 45? Would diverting to Manchuria instead of India be a possible course of action? How're their vp's?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So, exactly what are the Soviet's going to throw at Grey in seven months and what can he possibly do to minimize it?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Log082 posted:

I would definitely send a battleship or three to bombard those tanks to hell and back.

I was gonna say, Nagato & Mutsu drive-by would sort that out.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

They are going to nuke Hong Kong, aren't they.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

Shame she's sunk then.

Good thing my Mutsu is there to take the lead then.

TehKeen posted:

You'll be lucky if she doesn't randomly explode in port for no reason on the first turn. :v:

Hah!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

Operation Pearl Harder is still moving forwards. That's the battleships in tow for ablative armour a glorious charge into Pear Harbour itself!

Not with a whimper, but with a bang.

Can we get a roster of the ships involved?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is it possible you took out the 509th or is the AI just coded to only nuke the Home Islands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Congratulations!