Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Put me down for CL Tenryuu as my lucky ship. Pretty much the same ship I picked in the last game before GH's PC decided to die on him.

Hopefully it'd do better than it did historically and survive past '42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
I miss a day and this happens.

Congrats GH!

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Reuben Sandwich posted:

Is there anything out there that goes into depth on the VT fuse?

Most of what I know came from bits and pieces of articles from history magazines I read years ago so I'm unsure about what's online.

The most interesting bit of trivia I remember about it is that developing it was as huge of an undertaking for the US as the Manhattan Project and just as secret.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
First time my fav ship turn up since the invasion of Wake Island at he start of the campaign and man what a spectacular showing on it's return.

... I just jinxed it didn't I?

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
I know that the British used to use wooden hull ships so as to counter the magnetic mines as minesweepers. As for detecting them, not too sure as when done well the mines are supposed to only sit beneath the surface of the sea making visual identification almost impossible.