Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

BulletHole posted:

It's a long ways away, but give me the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)!

I see you've decided to make my avatar relevant again for the next few years.

I'll take the USS Lionfish (SS-298) to grab the other WW2 ship from Battleship Cove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Rexim posted:

In this game, does 1 'casualty' represent one man?

Here's why I ask: I'm rereading Grey's last WiTP LP and he sinks a Japanese troop ship or something, and the game reports '35 casualties', but Grey comments 'That's 350 dead troops right there.'

Does that mean 1 casualty = 10 troops or did Grey :angel: uncharacteristically :angel: misspeak?

One thing to note is that the actual number of casualties isn't what's important (mechanically speaking), it's the number of squads disabled or destroyed.

SIGSEGV posted:

Defiantly a typo. Speaking of casualties I wonder how the game calculates tropical diseases because I'm pretty sure it must because grognards are grognards.

It definitely represents malaria in certain areas, but I'm not on my computer with the manual at the moment so I can't find out how right now.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 8, 2016

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

GH, if you're sending Claudes against P-40s, you're going to take losses. That plane is obsolete regardless of what height it's set at.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Airplane fuel is abstracted differently from fuel; airplanes run on supply.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

The Chinese have a ton of HQ units comprised almost entirely of non-combat squads; that was probably one of them with a small engineer unit also in the hex or something.