Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Kitakami, you crazy torp thrower, do good for me this war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
The real question is whether the US could drop enough trucks in the Pacific to walk from LA to Tokyo Bay, or enough Liberty ships to foxtrot from Frisco to Fukushima.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Mmm, tacos de cabeza Furutaka. :taco:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Naval bureaucracy jokes? We can't get enough of that chit.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Dawncloack posted:

Aw poo poo, late every time.

We can both root for the Queen of Torps together :D

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Ryujo'll get hit by a sub on the way back to the fleet. It'll be a real Dutch treat!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Its a kill!

I have to agree that Singapore is FAR to hard to take in this game. The forts and terrain bonuses are stupidly high.

I don't know, it was already full of water!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

ramming is a legitimate strategy!

Yes, yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFN9nvFYHmk

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Soreenbarji? That's a helluva autocorrect, even the Google wonders about it, much less the world.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

goatface posted:

Autocorrect would spell bhaji properly. That's just Grey professing his love of malt loaf and Indian cuisine.

Maybe Soreen Barji is this timeline's Tokyo Rose.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Biplane Jean, is not your bomber. It's just a plane, that flies for the Rising Sun. It's got wings and a gun, and torps for every one.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

So if Chungking is Japan's Kaifeng, what will be its weird "KIAfeng" nickname? "Chungkilling"?

Chunkilling in the name of duh nuh , nuh nuh nuh nuh :black101:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Hotel manager doesn't take as much skill.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

gohuskies posted:

Is it possible GH forgot to set reaction range on the following TF to zero? They may have reacted away from the transport TF mid-turn in an effort to intercept the Allied cruiser TF or something else that they had seen or thought they'd seen. Especially if the commander of the surface combat TF had a high aggressiveness stat, this could have been the culprit.

So this was Cape Egano and Taffy 5, except the fox got among the chickens this time. Ouch.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Sending a part of the KB south to deal with a small threat while planning to invade Midway, I can't see that going wrong.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Ancient Chinese secret.

Bullets.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Calcutta by Christmas!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
The Matrix sale is here, WITP:AE is just $52. Cheap!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/982/Matrix.Games.Holiday.Sale.is.Here!

The more you buy, the more you save!

Please lord, continue to give me strength not to buy it.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Now that the mighty BB has prevailed over the puny airplane ship, the AI should start cancelling the Essexes in favor of Iowas, Montanas, and Alaskas.

...right?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Oh yeah! Battleship revenge!

No, that's Ramillies!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

KANEEEEDA!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Avoid this, Grey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5MMVd5XOK8

I hadn't seen this in color before.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Log082 posted:

Just so everyone knows: WitP AE is on sale for $30.00 (!)

That's the lowest I've ever seen it, and I've finally decided to buy it and flail around like the idiot I am trying not to get all of my carriers sunk.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/details/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admirals.Edition

I picked it up on this sale, and am kinda staggered with how big it is. Just watching turn 1 run itself is amazing.

I'm starting the smaller scenario where you invade from Ceylon, and can't figure out how to load an invasion force. Time to hit the manual.

What a battle, Grey!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
c'mon next update!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Diminuendo after the big battle, maybe this Spruance turned east as well?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

wiegieman posted:

eyyyy damage control

Preparing for fires reduces our elan bushido spirit

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Beat Coral Sea. On to Guadacanal, then the grand campaign.

Yeah, I'm hooked.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Ok, Ive captured Lunga and have some Seabees set in Strategic Mode in Noumea. When I go to load troops into a Transport TF with an AK, the only troops available are planes and an HQ. How do I pick up actual troops?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You need an AP or xAP to load troops. AKs just carry cargo.

Yup. The manual says AKs can carry troops but the one I have selected has 0 troop capability. Welcome to supply duty little dude.

e: adding AP or xAK still only allows me to select air units / HQ for transport.

Obv not working the right knob

e2: unit I'm trying to move is in a restricted hq, maybe that's the issue.

e3: DAMMIT, so political points can moved pull troops out of my rear HQ to the right spot.

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 8, 2017

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

What do you think Tokyo Bay Fortress is?

A symbol of the duality of man?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Click here to learn how to fill up Lunga’s airfield with one easy trick! Carrier captains hate him!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Aha, gotta get my carriers away from Lunga.

Either Lunga is just out of range from the Rabaul zeroes, or the AI really hates its Bettys.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Started up the big campaign. This turn’ll be a lot of clicking.

Witp logistics simulator engage.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
This rime it’s allies. So many subs and cargo to update

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Admiral Alcibiades going for the throat there in Singapore.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Those boats are the Taffy 2 of the battle.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Dammit!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Pro tip: take carrier air groups off training mode to make them more effective :facepalm:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Grumio posted:

Or you could put the Katori and Ikazuchi into a combat task force made entirely of obsolete training ships.

I've seen enough screwball comedies to know that they would be unstoppable (and teach that stuffy admiral a lesson)

Drop them off to defend Singapore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Someone on the AI team read Shattered Sword. I can't do much against six CVs in the Solomons in March '42. The AI really wants PM and may get it.