Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm very pumped up for this after hearing so much about the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So, why are non-troop transports important? I assume sinking them either slows production or leaves ships without gas somewhere in the middle of the Pacific, but I could be completely wrong.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gnoman posted:

How well do you think you could fight if your uniforms have rotted away, you're completely out of ammo, your radios have rusted away, your tanks are out of gas, and all your soldiers starved to death three weeks ago?

My current war game of choice has a desert-based airplane carrier that also produces a variety of units out of magical brown and blue triangles, I may not be the most adequate person to discuss logistics.

I assumed supplies were more or less abstracted, like in War in the East. Happy to see there is always more grognard.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

uPen posted:

There's also reserve mode, which moves as fast as move mode but doesn't have the combat penalty.

An unwise man would ask what the benefit of Move Mode is. A wise man would ignore it and just enjoy the narrative.

I am an unwise man.