Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boston pee party
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome! I've been waiting all year for this thread to come back.

If we're still calling ships that haven't been built yet, then I'll take the Super DD Shimakaze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boston pee party
Oct 14, 2012
Has anyone put together a wiki for this LP, like for the last campaign? Then again, that wiki looks like it was abandoned about halfway through..

Boston pee party
Oct 14, 2012
Man, every time the Kiddo Butai sorties out, I have to experience the emotional rollercoaster of elation at seeing my lucky ship in the list, followed by the disappointment of realizingd it's the APD and not the DD.

Boston pee party
Oct 14, 2012

farraday posted:

I believe the APD is a refit of the DD

Perhaps, but I suspect that the Shimakaze we're looking at now is the converted Minekaze-class destroyer from 1920, and not the advanced DD launched in 1943. In real life, the older ship would have been renamed by the time the war started.

Would anybody else be able to clarify?

Boston pee party
Oct 14, 2012
Is this the first time we've seen Ki-84s in a dogfight?