Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

TildeATH posted:

I had no idea "War Grave" was even a term. How dumb that you a nation expects to leave contaminants and raw materials and yet demand that no one touch them. Screw them, they never should have been out colonizing in the first place.

Does this happen on land?

Graverobbing? Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Patton was certainly anti-semitic and apparently didn't approve of prosecuting Nazis for war crimes. I dunno if he was entirely on board with Nazis exactly, but he made statements that suggest he viewed them as just another political option not unlike making the choice between Democrat or Republican. His letters home apparently are full of all sorts of terrible stuff. https://www.amazon.com/Patton-Papers-1940-1945-Martin-Blumenson/dp/0306807173

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Halsey also had a lot of other people telling him he was wrong and he just ignored them. There was a lot going on so some decisions can be forgiven, but it's not unfair, at least, to argue that he may have gotten fixated on a chance for glory. His rather dramatic reaction may have been in part because he recognized that he had been wrong while others understood the true situation.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Gort posted:

None of the images are displaying - looks like https://lpix.org is down from here...

It's working for me. Maybe a DNS issue on your end?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Murgos posted:

Seeing that pic of the Aurora makes me wonder if there are any pre-dreadnaught battleships hanging around anywhere as museums?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mikasa

If I ever make it out to Japan...

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't understand the cal listing after the guns. Is "12 × 14 in (356 mm)/50 cal guns" describing 12 guns, with a 14” diameter? Or is it 14” long barrel of caliber .50?

That is the length of the barrel in units of the gun's own caliber. A 14" 50 caliber gun is 50x14" long, which is 700 inches, or 58 and 1/3 feet.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Flavius Aetass posted:

Yes, we should do that again!

Also, last time I checked CM: Normandy was still like $60 lol

I'm never going to buy a CM game

That's the beauty of the CM let's plays. You get to enjoy the best parts of the games while somebody else deals with the many, many flaws.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

Not sure, people would have to ok it, I've done my GDPR course, and don't fee; right emailing people's names and addresses to some random person on the internet.
what are you plotting?

Still waiting on the money btw, it seems to have had a moment it said the first chunk would be in on the 18th, but now has it coming in on the 28th.
After that, I'll start chasing them up!

Still trying to decide on the best way to spend it - would a 27" 1080p monitor be better with my slightly aging system, or do I go for a 1440p one and futureproof a bit. You lot have given me a stupid amount, but I want to be miserly with it, and computer kit costs! I want to leave 100-150 to cover later games at least!
I have got 8 gig of ram second hand. but I'm not spending more than I can cover with my own funds atm - it's not real until it's in my account.

Anything that helps you do turns easier and faster is gonna make everyone happy. If you want a monitor, I'd definitely go 1440 on 27 inch. iirc, you have a decently modern GPU so that shouldn't be an issue. Though a lot of these games are CPU-bound, that may only be a very marginal improvement compared to a better monitor/workspace setup unless your computer is very old.

As for the start of WITW, I say just post in the LP announcement thread. It's a very slow thread so no pain to bookmark it, and anyone who visits the forums a couple times a week will be there within a day or two of the start.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Looks like there's some artillery in that hex.

The only thing that needs to be a new avatar is some croctopus.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

I spent two hours messing with my audio settings this morning, then did a quick Castle Story run to test them out in the wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8y3eopUoV4

Can people let me know if this sounds any better at their end?

Thanks!

Sounds great. Mic is clear and the mix is well balanced. Noise gate is obvious but not clipping your speech.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I see the Mueller report has been released by the Attorney General.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

One should just be the Royal Navy, imo.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Royal Navy Memorial Reef

In an aquarium perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to miss these updates. Sure the AI and a bunch of other stuff in this game is broken as hell, but this LP was a special experience to watch. Thanks, Grey Hunter.