Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I'll take the Saratoga, if it's available please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Sail closer, I want to hit them with my GUNS :black101:

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I got a good chuckle out of the Seadragon going "gently caress the torpedoes. Man the .50cal!"

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
From what I understand, Japanese damage control was pretty awful so I wouldn't put any faith in their ability to put the fires out.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Ikasuhito posted:

As it happens I believe we are a scant one week from today from when Grey's last attempt came to a screeching halt

Curse you! :argh:

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
That story is pretty brilliant. I loved that stuff that started cropping up near the end of the last thread.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Grey Hunter posted:

the Yamato.

I think you've got this.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Doesn't look like you got points for it though.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah you can't expect every day of a four year campaign to be action packed.

Us WiTP Allies vets certainly know this.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Grey Hunter posted:

:eyepop:
Erm. How packed were those two ships?

I can just read the spotter's report now:

Japanese Betty Spotter's log posted:

We must have killed, like, a million dudes down there!

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:rip: Chunky Monkey

welp

Any chance the allies name another ship later the Saratoga II?

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Why are all the combat reports from the 12th missing? What is Japanese military command hiding? I bet the Kido Butai was sunk.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Apparently the allied strategy is "Well we lost the air war so lets just invade everything at the same time. They can't possibly sink ALL the ships right?"

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Grey set his destroyers at the wrong sea level

I don't believe this is possible but drat if it doesn't sounds like something this game would have.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Leperflesh posted:

You know you're a day behind, right? Just asking, no pressure

Posts are coming out on date for me.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Not rain nor sleet nor snow nor lack of wifi shall stop the updates.
-Grey Hunter Posting Service

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Gort posted:

Any chance of Hyuga making it home?

Chance? Sure. If GH replaces the Japanese damage control parties with American ones. Or anyone else's really.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Grey Hunter posted:

We bring down another Liberator.

I was curious what kind of impact this would have on aircraft pools for the US (bringing down one Liberator a day). Over the course of the war almost 19000 Liberators were built, which gives us a little over 13 Liberators coming off the line per day. This production is "back loaded" though, meaning that it was slow early on, and much faster later. It is said that the Ford Motor Company facility at Willow Run, which was a purpose built facility to build Liberators, churned out 1 plane every hour at it's peak in 1944. That was the largest facility building Liberators, but there were several other, smaller facilities so the numbers were likely even higher in that year. If you assume that half of those planes went to Europe, you still have over 12 Liberators a day rolling off the assembly lines and being shipped out. Basically, it's almost impossible for Japan to shoot down enough Liberators for it to matter.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I just realized I forgot to call a new ship when the last one sunk. I guess I'll go ahead and call the same ship I did last run, CVL Cabot.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Grey Hunter posted:

You sniping bastards.
That is some legendary level bomb sniping there.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I wouldn't use that as your poster boy for why the combat system is broken. They had 87 vehicles, presumably some of those are tanks. If they have tanks and you have nothing that kills tanks then their ability to mow down your troops really only ends when they run out of ammo.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

In the future we will have many armed forces branches, such as planetary, orbital, moon, asteroid, near space, deep space, cyber, and the Marines.

And of course the Marines will have their own version of every other branches forces.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Next WiTP LP should be goon v goon where one group of goons plays as the IJA and the other as the IJN.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I love how something as important as the Soviet Union declaring war on you is relegated to a single line at the end of the intelligence report. Never change WiTP. Never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Grey Hunter posted:

Pear Harbour
I learned two things from this. One is that the IJN is gonna get real lost trying to find Pear Harbor. The other is that holy poo poo a lot of people make this mistake (image caption on the last one).