Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

this post owns and im going to be looking for that NES game and the SNES gundam wing game

net cafe scandal posted:

*in the zombie voice of someone who cannot stop thinking about Something Awful forums for even a second* Urgh. glurp.. zen death robot.

lol

how big is zdr tho this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

playing cyberbots as the akuma robot is probably the least interesting thing you could do in that game though

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

lesbian baphomet posted:

playing cyberbots as the akuma robot is probably the least interesting thing you could do in that game though

Probably but at least he's an unlockable.

I didn't mention Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator or Metal Warriors, so I'm mentioning them now!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-uO5-kzQfk

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
what the gently caress how did I forget Steel Battalion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgxRsaGdcA

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

I was going to post this

DASH DASH DASH

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
virtua on is fun and cool, the head to head arcade cab is p sick too

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Steambot Chronicles for ps2 was insanely insanely rad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2__cqBplk

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 8, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

klapman posted:

I think there was some game for the PS2 where you were just a civilian directing a robot from the ground which looked really loving cool

found it, its called robot alchemic drive, or RAD

That game kicked rear end

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

That game also kicked rear end and I can still hear the incredible theme song in my head 15+ years later. GOING NOW~ ftw

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's an import but give the Gundam EXVS a shot. I really enjoyed it. And it was said before but RAD is a cool game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also if your really hate yourself try Ring of Red or Zeonic Front. There is also and SNES game for Zeta that I enjoyed but you'll probably need a guide as it is untranslated.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive never played any excvept for future cop lapd. and frankly, that thing wasnt so big. but i want to play armoured core. the ones that miyazaki were involed in anyway

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

ive never played any excvept for future cop lapd. and frankly, that thing wasnt so big. but i want to play armoured core. the ones that miyazaki were involed in anyway

Try For Answer or 4 then. I've been a fan since the PS1 game though.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

I.N.R.I posted:

future cop also owns

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Shaquin posted:

Steambot Chronicles for ps2 was insanely insanely rad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2__cqBplk

Such a chill game. I wish the handheld version was like this instead of an arena game.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

What was that shareware robot fighting game called? I remember it being the only good fighting game on PC.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BgRdMchne posted:

What was that shareware robot fighting game called? I remember it being the only good fighting game on PC.
One Must Fall

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

One Must Fall

Yeah. That was good.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
shadowfall was so much fun

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i really liked phantom crash, even though it's not great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNApZMTKj8

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Pablo Gigante posted:

One Must Fall

That game loving kicked rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cmon i posted in on the first page...

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

sexual Norm posted:

i really liked phantom crash, even though it's not great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNApZMTKj8

i thhink i've seen this game somewhere before

so like are your allies actually cats and dogs and poo poo because if so that's awesome

at this rate im going to have to get an xbox just so i can softmod it and play these games

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.

Pikachu posted:

i thhink i've seen this game somewhere before

so like are your allies actually cats and dogs and poo poo because if so that's awesome

at this rate im going to have to get an xbox just so i can softmod it and play these games

nah that's, like, your onboard computer that levels up and gets smarter the longer you use it iirc

it drops you into to televised deathmatches where you destroy as many other machines as possible to pay your expenses and upgrade your bullshit. you encounter better-equipped boss mechs and get to higher ranks of w/e the sport is. i remember it as really fun but it's been a while

there are never enough mech games

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

sexual Norm posted:

there are never enough mech games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mech commander was good

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

trying to jack off posted:

mech commander was good

gently caress yes it is and it still works on windows 10

lot of good opinions itt

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4_EAvDpoc

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

that game was so great, especially the music

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

one must fall 2097

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I remember the sound FXs kicked rear end. "Clang, clang."

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mech commander was good

I hope the new one is good, so I can add it to this list

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

once i was so desperate for Giant Robot Fighting that I played Mechwarrior Online. it was alright.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
some folks already mentioned Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) and i'm here to say: it's fantastic. one of my favorite games of all time, definitely in top 10 maybe even top 5.

the controls are so cool, and there are like 60 story missions where you fight various aliens, giant monsters, and other robots. the robots you control can transform as well. the game also has a two player battle mode, where you can play as all the monsters and stuff that you defeat. rocket punches, atomic breath, it's all there. OP, i highly suggest you track it down and pay whatever price it goes for, if you are a fan of giant robot games, you will love it

really terrific voice acting too

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Sharkopath posted:

I hope the new one is good, so I can add it to this list

If you're talking about the recent kickstarter it's based off the tabletop game and not mechcommander

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pikachu posted:

If you're talking about the recent kickstarter it's based off the tabletop game and not mechcommander

I think the lead dev is the guy who did mechcommander tho, at least he's working on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Sharkopath posted:

I think the lead dev is the guy who did mechcommander tho, at least he's working on it

I believe so yeah

• Locked thread