Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Alain Post posted:

They will extend it to the Rumble in a title match probably. I'm sorry.

That's fine because it means Reigns won't be in the Rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I believe HHH's actual official title is called Head of Coolness but they call it Creative since that sounds better to the investors.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Roman Reigns posted:

Hey guys I was busy watching and enjoying Fargo that last hour. What was so bad about the final promo?

It was a John Cena promo delivered badly by Roman Reigns.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alain Post posted:

HHH is head of creative.
Yes and he wants to look like he can lead the WWE better an he can only do that but actively loving up the main program because he knows most will just blame Vince and Dunn while sensibly booking NXT and making it a viable brand.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ecw sucks

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Boo for no "Smash his taint" thread title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yes and he wants to look like he can lead the WWE better an he can only do that but actively loving up the main program because he knows most will just blame Vince and Dunn while sensibly booking NXT and making it a viable brand.

It's disgusting and he's actively sabotaging the careers of Roman Reigns and Sheamus.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
If you could boil that last segment down to the tater tots line and then Sheamus getting speared through the table without the 45 minutes of whatever the hell that was in between, it would have been extremely good, to me.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

DynamiteKidd posted:

That's fine because it means Reigns won't be in the Rumble

Darkest timeline:

Roman loses at TLC. Triple H tells him he's lost his title shot. Roman enters the Rumble. Wins. Is #1 contender. Wins at Fastlane in a meaningless match against an angry Ambrose who wanted the title shot. At the end, Ambrose either turns heel or raises Roman's arm. Roman wins at Mania.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

If you could boil that last segment down to the tater tots line and then Sheamus getting speared through the table without the 45 minutes of whatever the hell that was in between, it would have been extremely good, to me.

It would be incomplete without the fiftieth iteration of the tater tots line.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
somehow i am still watching that final segment i think i am trapped in a time tube or some poo poo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Sheamus lost on the opening match and was laid out in the main event segment

Yeah it's gonna be great when he retains the title on Sunday

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alain Post posted:

It's disgusting and he's actively sabotaging the careers of Roman Reigns and Sheamus.
Look to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs, and I'm sure they can get rehabbed

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

abraham linksys posted:

Darkest timeline:

Roman loses at TLC. Triple H tells him he's lost his title shot. Roman enters the Rumble. Wins. Is #1 contender. Wins at Fastlane in a meaningless match against an angry Ambrose who wanted the title shot. At the end, Ambrose either turns heel or raises Roman's arm. Roman wins at Mania.

Roman wins title at TLC, Ambrose wins Rumble, Roman clowns Ambrose in 16 seconds at Mania.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

abraham linksys posted:

Darkest timeline:

i cant imagine who would still be watching by then. every week gets more boring.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let's spend four minutes of overrun pointing to each weapon in the ring, describing how it's used once or twice, then folding it up and discarding it. Because this isn't a heated angle in a pro wrestling show, this is Blue's Clues.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MotU posted:

somehow i am still watching that final segment i think i am trapped in a time tube or some poo poo

i just checked and my fingernails are like, 28 inches long now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

Look to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs, and I'm sure they can get rehabbed

Sadly Roman is the new Lex Luger: Really good but everyone in the future assumes he was awful because of a failed main event push. HHH goes over at Mania.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

On Sunday let's all just watch deadwood instead

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Corporate Kane posted:

Tttaaattteeerrr tttooottt

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Let's spend four minutes of overrun pointing to each weapon in the ring, describing how it's used once or twice, then folding it up and discarding it. Because this isn't a heated angle in a pro wrestling show, this is Blue's Clues.

abraham linksys posted:

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a chair in the ring!

Ooooookay, Sheamus. *slowly tosses chair out of the ring*

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a table in the ring!

Ooooookay Sheamus. *slowly tosses table out of the ring*

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a ladder in the ring!

Ooooookay Tater Tot *slowly tosses ladder at Sheamus*

i feel like it would have been salvagable without that bit, just... gently caress

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MotU posted:

Wait, there's still several kendo sticks under the ring. Can you go and get those and take them to the back for me? Then I'll get in the ring.

Okay, Tater Tot, whatever you want.

Can you get me some of that popcorn that Dean had earlier? That looked yummy.

Sure, Tater Tot, I'll get right on that.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Roman doesn't have the body of Luger or the coolness of Nash so he's not even the modern version of those failures.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I can't wait for the big shakeup for Raw that is rumored. It is coming any day now.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

roman let me have some of your tots

gosh

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't watched WWE programming in 6 weeks

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Okay, so I have a Christmas party on the weekend... if I plan ahead, I might be able to drink just enough to black out Saturday evening/Sunday morning and wake up sometime late Monday. Alright. I can do this. I can do this.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Corporate Kane posted:

its longer than you think dad, its longer than you think

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Until Vince is literally dead and we still get promos like that last one I will not believe said promos don't have Vince's stink all over them. Like seriously even before HHH "took over", Cena had the same "voice" in his promos. It's the same writing, and you have to be half dead to not notice it. It's how Vince scripts his top faces, period.

Also yes, the tater tots thing was stupid but hey it got over, and the spear was good, so if the segment as a whole was tightened up in every way it would've been fine. The problem was that it dragged. And dragged. And dragged.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Paul told Seth to fake a knee injury.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Okay, so I have a Christmas party on the weekend... if I plan ahead, I might be able to drink just enough to black out Saturday evening/Sunday morning and wake up sometime late Monday. Alright. I can do this. I can do this.

waking up just in time for Raw, a Bad Plan

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm sure all the bad parts of RAW, are Vince and Kevin Dunn's fault, and all the good parts belong to HHH, who does not actually book NXT.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Until Vince is literally dead and we still get promos like that last one I will not believe said promos don't have Vince's stink all over them. Like seriously even before HHH "took over", Cena had the same "voice" in his promos. It's the same writing, and you have to be half dead to not notice it. It's how Vince scripts his top faces, period.

Also yes, the tater tots thing was stupid but hey it got over, and the spear was good, so if the segment as a whole was tightened up in every way it would've been fine. The problem was that it dragged. And dragged. And dragged.

Just because a thing gets over doesn't mean it's good

See Daniel Bryan, YES, and the beard

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I'm sure all the bad parts of RAW, are Vince and Kevin Dunn's fault, and all the good parts belong to HHH, who does not actually book NXT.

HHH has enough creative control over NXT that he could gently caress it up if he wanted, and the fact that he doesn't shows he's better at this than Vince

he's still a height mark (Baron Corbin) and a mark for himself but those are some minor sins in the grand scheme of things

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alain Post posted:

Me too, but genuinely, and HHH is the sole writer for NXT.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i miss batista

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

MotU posted:

i miss batista

same

the people i miss list is bigger than the people i like list

i miss cesaro

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

It's less that HHH is good and more that he doesn't personally rewrite everything 1000 times. HHH doesn't book NXT but he could if he wanted and chooses not to. That's the difference.

Chris James 2 posted:

Just because a thing gets over doesn't mean it's good

See Daniel Bryan, YES, and the beard

I'm saying that part of it was vaguely justifiable. Vaguely justifiable=/=good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

do you think it burns vince that the only place in the country he can get people to cheer his chosen one is the part of the country he despises the most?

• Locked thread