Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It'd be cool if HHH gets about 20 seconds into a long boring promo tonight, before Reigns runs in and beats the piss outta him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'd rather hhh not turn up, to emphasis the severity of reigns' attack.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Humphrey Vasel posted:

This only works if Stephanie is off screen tending to her husband as well. Otherwise we will get a raging Steph promo and no way for Roman to respond without a mic in his hand.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009
Triple H will win the Royal Rumble to face WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns at the granddaddy of them all, WrestleMania.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Roman wasn't revealed to be driving the ambulance in order to beat up HHH some more. Rookie mistake on his part.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Having not watched much of anything recently, my big takeaway last night was that I like Becky's entrance a whole lot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

One time on old Tough Enough people were practicing bumps and doing these basic back bumps and Triple H showed up and just flopped on the ground like a million times in a row then was all "alright, well, see ya".

Edit: Apparently I remembered it wrong. I remembered him bumping a whole lot more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DWg8OHSo0 there it is Triple H just showed em all what it is.

That was also the episode where Trips yelled at everyone for not being old-school and made two people quit

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Give Roman the TLC match, pair him with one of the most loved people on the roster, tons of spots to look good, put him against the only person on the roster that I believe is incapable of being cheered, have all three announcers put him over, let him be Brock to end the night and they finally get a brief "Thank you Roman" chant.

The man is ready.

In all honesty last night was the best he has looked, but creative is so bad it's hard to care. Let's see where they go with it because if it isn't amazing he will be absolutely destroyed at the Rumble again.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I figured he was going to avoid the Rumble match by getting another title shot somehow

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

maxallen posted:

I don't know how you guys thought that was a halfway decent show. You all must have a real tolerance for mediocrity or something from watching Raw recently or something:

Rusev vs Ryback and ADR vs Sheamus were boring heatless matches.
Charlotte vs Paige LETS TALK ABOUT RIC FLAIR THE WHOLE MATCH DID YOU KNOW SHE'S CHARLOTTES FATHER THATS A THING THAT RIC DID DID YOU SEE ALSO HE WAS UNDERHANDED ALSO RIC FLAIR
The tables match was a boring slog and a joke topped off with a table not getting lit on fire. At least they did something different and had the Wyatts win for once.
The main event was a loving slog. Watching two men slowly go through the motions doing the same ladder match that they have done now for 20 years.

The opening ladder match was pretty good, and Owens vs Ambrose was alright. The rest of the show loving blew though.

If you thought this was a bad show, I'm surprised you didn't have aneurysm this time last year

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Humphrey Vasel posted:

They apprently stretcher'd him out after the show last night so this will probably happen.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

I figured he was going to avoid the Rumble match by getting another title shot somehow

I think there has to be some super face authority shenanigans that awards him a shot because of JUSTICE and FAIRNESS. They will at least be smart to keep him out of the rumble so they don't poo poo up psps favorite 3 years running.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

Probably the usual handicap or gauntlet against a bunch of jobbers.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

If they're seeing this Daniel Bryan rehash through, we should get Roman in two matches at Wrestlemania. The show will have to last all weekend so he can get his breath back for the second.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maxallen posted:

I don't know how you guys thought that was a halfway decent show. You all must have a real tolerance for mediocrity or something from watching Raw recently or something:

Rusev vs Ryback and ADR vs Sheamus were boring heatless matches.
Charlotte vs Paige LETS TALK ABOUT RIC FLAIR THE WHOLE MATCH DID YOU KNOW SHE'S CHARLOTTES FATHER THATS A THING THAT RIC DID DID YOU SEE ALSO HE WAS UNDERHANDED ALSO RIC FLAIR
The tables match was a boring slog and a joke topped off with a table not getting lit on fire. At least they did something different and had the Wyatts win for once.
The main event was a loving slog. Watching two men slowly go through the motions doing the same ladder match that they have done now for 20 years.

The opening ladder match was pretty good, and Owens vs Ambrose was alright. The rest of the show loving blew though.

This guys totally on point :nsa:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Listening to the show and watching it out of the corner of my eye while I played Yakuza 5, it seemed pretty decent. The opening Ladder Match was rad, that Salina Del Sol spot was incredible. I'm glad Dean won the belt, though I don't like that Kevin KO Owens lost, and not even to a finisher. I'll be interested to see Raw tonight and find out what we are supposed to think about Reigns/HHH.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Please link the ladder spot

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
On the contrary I appreciated a men's match NOT ending on a finisher, and off an actual counter. Keeps things a smidgen unpredictable.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I need the Bubba dive

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

yea ok posted:

Please link the ladder spot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zakharov posted:

On the contrary I appreciated a men's match NOT ending on a finisher, and off an actual counter. Keeps things a smidgen unpredictable.

This is how I feel too. I think a bunch of people are just desensitized to rollup finishers because of the Diva's division but the way Dean beat Owens was cool and good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

goodness and thanks

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

kalisto damaged his hole

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Will he ever sit down again?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

This is how I feel too. I think a bunch of people are just desensitized to rollup finishers because of the Diva's division but the way Dean beat Owens was cool and good.

Getting rolled up makes you look like a little bitch in a product where only finishers matter.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mons Hubris posted:

kalisto damaged his hole

Trying to be like his hero the 1-2-3 Kid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Given how much they seem to want to Bryan his push, I would not be surprised if it were some kind of unsanctioned street fight type match with HHH to get his job back and a spot in the Rumble to open the show, then Roman enters and wins the Rumble match, with whoever he's going to wrestle at Mania getting the belt from Sheamus that night.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Holy poo poo

Pissssssssss

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if roman is in the rumble something tells me he'll be, "punished" by getting the #1 spot

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

It'd be cool if HHH gets about 20 seconds into a long boring promo tonight, before Reigns runs in and beats the piss outta him again.

If he did nothing but that I'd be all for it.

Edit: In fact, if every time HHH tried to speak Roman Reigns just appeared out of nowhere and just beat the unholy piss out of HHH I would tune in every week.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Tweak posted:

if roman is in the rumble something tells me he'll be, "punished" by getting the #1 spot

Didn't Benoit win the rumble in the #1 spot?

Hey I'm just asking questions.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fart blood posted:

Didn't Benoit win the rumble in the #1 spot?

Hey I'm just asking questions.

I thought he won from #2. Might be wrong there.

Nope, he was #1.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Senerio posted:

I thought he won from #2. Might be wrong there.

Nope, he was #1.

:eng101: you might be thinking of Rey Mysterio. He won with the #2 spot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's kind of crazy how WWE follows up the Tater Tot promo by booking Roman effectively. And I bet they'll do something real dumb with him this week to follow it up.

The booking is so all over the place. It's just how dealing with Vince is like apparently though, he'll be all gung ho about an idea until the next idea comes along and distracts him.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TLC was a hot steaming pile of poo poo outside of the Tag Title Match, IC title match, and Triple H getting murdered.

WWE is going to gently caress up the tiny spark of heat Roman has by having him try to cut a 10 minute promo in front of the Philly crowd. They're going to eat him alive if he tries to talk.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They will have roman perform the ultimate feat of strength on teh rumble: eliminating big show and Kane!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think some folks are being overly harsh about tlc

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think some folks are being overly harsh about tlc

I don't think people are being harsh enough. Other than like 2 matches the show was boring as gently caress.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I haven't watched it but if I had to guess it sounds like a show that everybody thought was going to be hideous garbage that turned out to be a bland, inoffensive PPV and it'll be treated better than it was because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This is an amazing spot, I wish it would have been at Wrestlemania though so more people would have seen it and said "holy poo poo that was awesome and that guy is awesome." That is damning with praise though, that match and spot really makes me to see the Luchas beat New Day for the titles so job well done WWE.

That is assuming they do that and don't put them back on USE-NO!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I haven't watched it but if I had to guess it sounds like a show that everybody thought was going to be hideous garbage that turned out to be a bland, inoffensive PPV and it'll be treated better than it was because of it.

I had a lot of fun watching the PPV, like you said it was an inoffensive bleh but it's the most I've enjoyed a PPV since WM not counting NXT.

• Locked thread