Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I don't even super mind the booking necessarily, just unscript the wrestlers and allow them to "shoot", as it were, all over each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The last segment of the show was extremely funny

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

The last segment of the show was extremely funny

ya

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Man I'm so fuckin' pumped for Final Gate. Shingo/CIMA gonna tear the motherfucking house down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

So what is the card for TLC?

Wyatts vs ECW: Table Elimination Match
Charlotte vs Paige : Divas Championship Match
ADR vs Swagger: Chairs Match (assumed)
Owens vs Ambrose: Intercontinental Title Match
New Day vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons: Ladder Match for Tag Titles
Roman vs Sheamus: TLC Match for WWE WHC

Am I missing anything? It'll probably be another good card with bad writing.

Basically

Where's the stairs match

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

projecthalaxy posted:

Am I missing anything?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Stairs will be Ziggler vs Breeze because sure why not.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

The big problem is when people suggest HHH is fixing everything

Nothing's gonna get fixed. People will still be mistreated, writing will still be horrible, just because a different guy will be in charge won't mean 3 hours magically doesn't feel as drawn out, he'll still give himself a big onscreen role. The big problems will still be there, the not-so-big problems (who loves Reigns? HHH. who loves Sheamus? HHH) will still be there, and NXT and WWE will remain two completely separate things (he even pointed that out himself because one's viewed by a niche audience, the other by mainstream)

Just because it won't be as major poo poo doesn't mean it'll suddenly not be poo poo. Don't call anybody the savior here because this isn't a fairytale, there isn't going to be a completely happy ending. TNA will still be around and WWE's major problems will be untouched
Sure Roman and Sheamus will still get pushed, but I don't think HHH is going to personally write their promos

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

they booked him to go over the entire wyatt family and get squashed by brawn on the same show

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lol they are back to giving reigns looney toons promos again amazing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

ecw sucks

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

lol they are back to giving reigns looney toons promos again amazing

He's making disparaging remarks about the Irish so it's more Merry Melodies. A step up, imo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How many times do we have to have this (rather stupid) discussion?

How can a man who has been in wh2k for 8 years even ask such a question?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Remember how for like 30 seconds when the Wyatts first appeared, the crowd began to legitimately lose their poo poo and everyone thought something crazy and unexpected and interesting was unfolding?

Also, did anyone notice the significant amount of empty seats in the crowd during that last segment? I'm not sure if it's people not coming in the first place or people leaving early, but either way seems kinda bad.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He's making disparaging remarks about the Irish so it's more Merry Melodies. A step up, imo.

Nah, nah, Itchy and Scratchy.

"Look out, Roman! He's IRISH!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Kc0SrkAA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtJYMBWRIsE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

Remember how for like 30 seconds when the Wyatts first appeared, the crowd began to legitimately lose their poo poo and everyone thought something crazy and unexpected and interesting was unfolding?

Also, did anyone notice the significant amount of empty seats in the crowd during that last segment? I'm not sure if it's people not coming in the first place or people leaving early, but either way seems kinda bad.

I can't blame anyone for not staying for 3 hours

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
The Wyatts turning face out of nowhere to take on the League of Nations was really cool, and then they didn't do it, and then they lost to Tommy Dreamer, and then Braun squashed him.

WWE

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dolph's shouting worked-shoot internet promos are the loving worst.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Until Vince is literally dead and we still get promos like that last one I will not believe said promos don't have Vince's stink all over them. Like seriously even before HHH "took over", Cena had the same "voice" in his promos. It's the same writing, and you have to be half dead to not notice it. It's how Vince scripts his top faces, period.

Also yes, the tater tots thing was stupid but hey it got over, and the spear was good, so if the segment as a whole was tightened up in every way it would've been fine. The problem was that it dragged. And dragged. And dragged.
Cena write his own promos.

Reigns sounds like Cena because they can only imitate the last thing that was successful. That is why Cena was really going for a Rock thing when he was still getting his main event legs underneath him.

In other news:
- Release Titus if he's not going to tag with D-Young
- Release Adam Rose
- Send Ziggler home until they decide to not make him a loser
- Stop squeezing blood from the ECW stone
- Lana/Rusev is still douchey and weird
- I think Ryback was there too, release him

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 8, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

good av material. do not give me this as an av unless you add rusev to it in a clever way.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
GIve it to me.

Or give me something insulting, actually, I'd appreciate that a lot more.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/674080251673051137

Dave Meltzer posted:

That last segment was longer than some Middle Eastern wars.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
So, with it being a no disqualication ladder match for the tag titles, does that mean all 3 members of new day have a chance to claim the title?

Edit: I mean "retain," but still, if xavier climbs the ladder, will freebird rule be respected there?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

of course michael cole doesn't know yeezus smdh

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

OctoberCountry posted:

Agreed. Dolph was my favorite wrestler 2.5 years ago, and now he's not in my top 50. The schtick has worn thin

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Man I'm so fuckin' pumped for Final Gate. Shingo/CIMA gonna tear the motherfucking house down.

All-Star Weekend 11 starts in 4 days!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

I like them tbh

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:shittypop:

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

New Sharif in Town posted:

So, with it being a no disqualication ladder match for the tag titles, does that mean all 3 members of new day have a chance to claim the title?

Edit: I mean "retain," but still, if xavier climbs the ladder, will freebird rule be respected there?
If they want to do that finish, they'll fudge the rules to do the thing they want to do.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPKjrh7kN0
sing along

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just watched the twerk segment and nothing else, A + raw IMO

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
I got home from work just in time to see The Bad Day and then I fell asleep I'm sorry the rest of you did not enjoy a similar fate

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
i'd like to thank Dolph Ziggler and the ensuing commercial break for being so unbelievably boring that I fell asleep and didn't wake up until ten minutes ago and was spared of everything you guys are talking about.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Needs More Ditka posted:

i'd like to thank Dolph Ziggler and the ensuing commercial break for being so unbelievably boring that I fell asleep and didn't wake up until ten minutes ago and was spared of everything you guys are talking about.

I'm sorry you missed out on the greatest bad closing WWE segment of 2015

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

All-Star Weekend 11 starts in 4 days!

I'm going only for night 2, but night 2 is going to rule so I'm psyched.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but Roman Reigns and Company, (RR&C), is one of the worst names for a team ever. Even if it was just for that one match.

It explicitly and specifically tells you that THIS guy is the guy you should care about, and these other nobodies are just his mates and are making up the numbers. I mean it, they would be nowhere without their cool and good looking, and tough friend.

No-one but Vince is buying it however. and as a result, Roman looks worse.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol if you think Ryback and Rusev arent having a STAIRS MATCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
that last segment was one of the best things i've seen in wrestling this year

• Locked thread