Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
meanwhile, MNF looking pretty loving good https://twitter.com/NFL/status/674083071268814848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DynamiteKidd posted:

That's fine because it means Reigns won't be in the Rumble

Darkest timeline:

Roman loses at TLC. Triple H tells him he's lost his title shot. Roman enters the Rumble. Wins. Is #1 contender. Wins at Fastlane in a meaningless match against an angry Ambrose who wanted the title shot. At the end, Ambrose either turns heel or raises Roman's arm. Roman wins at Mania.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Let's spend four minutes of overrun pointing to each weapon in the ring, describing how it's used once or twice, then folding it up and discarding it. Because this isn't a heated angle in a pro wrestling show, this is Blue's Clues.

abraham linksys posted:

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a chair in the ring!

Ooooookay, Sheamus. *slowly tosses chair out of the ring*

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a table in the ring!

Ooooookay Sheamus. *slowly tosses table out of the ring*

Roman, you can't fool me, there's a ladder in the ring!

Ooooookay Tater Tot *slowly tosses ladder at Sheamus*

i feel like it would have been salvagable without that bit, just... gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Okay, so I have a Christmas party on the weekend... if I plan ahead, I might be able to drink just enough to black out Saturday evening/Sunday morning and wake up sometime late Monday. Alright. I can do this. I can do this.

waking up just in time for Raw, a Bad Plan

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I'm sure all the bad parts of RAW, are Vince and Kevin Dunn's fault, and all the good parts belong to HHH, who does not actually book NXT.

HHH has enough creative control over NXT that he could gently caress it up if he wanted, and the fact that he doesn't shows he's better at this than Vince

he's still a height mark (Baron Corbin) and a mark for himself but those are some minor sins in the grand scheme of things

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

New Day will actually not get stale for at least another year or two with this gimmick, imho

maybe they don't need 20 minutes of promo time every Raw (though it's better than any offered alternative) but it's fine, don't panic and continue to watch all of their youtube clips every week instead of Raw

The New Day Show featuring their buddies Team BAD, only on USA

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

when New Day break up Giant Bomb should hire Xavier Woods and Stardust but also buy their names and gimmicks from WWE and force them to keep using them

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DynamiteKidd posted:

It's silly to say the New Day isn't getting overexposed; last week they were in 4 or 5 segments.

I mean granted they're one of the only acts in the drat company that's over at all, but that's still ridiculous and unsustainable.

idk I listen to podcasts where the same set of people have been talking every week for 2-3 hours for 5 years

you're only overexposed if you're no longer interesting to the people who have seen you before

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Bayley, Asuka, Balor, Hideo, Gable, Apollo, that's the list of people I want to see hit the main roster because I live for chaos and pain and am basically 100% sure that none of them will make it unscathed.

meanwhile, Corbin will be pushed to at least the IC title and Nia Jax will become the Bellas' new enforcer

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sami Zayn, IMO the single best face WWE currently employs, has had multiple angles inside and outside of matches about how he tries to be a good person at all times, no matter what, and it totally owns and is an absolutely wonderful message to send to kids (and, hell, some adults) watching

I'd be fine with Reigns being kind of an rear end in a top hat in the same way Austin was an rear end in a top hat, they just need to commit to it and not leave him in the same lovely in-between where Cena is

oatgan posted:

The crowd cheered

the only people cheering were the people cheering for the spot, not for Cena, fwiw

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

even the Brooklyn crowd on the 28th is gonna be different from the Summerslam crowd it was last time, I dunno

still think both crowds will be smarkier than usual

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

would just like to point out that on the go-home show for NXT TakeOver London:

* the heel challenger, Samoa Joe, put the defending face champion, Finn Balor, out cold in a lock (as he has done multiple times since their feud began), making the audience want to see Joe's comeuppance and what Finn will possibly do to finally beat Joe
* Apollo Crews & Baron Corbin had a brawl that left the arena unresolved, leaving the audience wanting to see more
* the face challenger, Asuka, who's gimmick is that she loving destroys people, destroyed a jobber even after the heels attempted to interfere, making the audience excited to see her finally get to destroy the heels
* the face challengers, Enzo & Cass, cut a promo on the defending heel champions Dash & Dawson, after a match against jobbers that showed they were even more fiery and dangerous than ever, making the audience want to see them finally win
* the heel challenger, Nia Jax, cut a promo on the defending face champion Bayley, after a match in which Bayley was clearly not at 100%, making the audience concerned and worried that she may not be able to defend the title

you know what didn't happen on the go-home show for TakeOver? No one cleanly dominated their opponents, leaving no drama left in the feud. None of the faces made their heel opponents look like fools.

Meanwhile, on Raw, Roman Reigns pins or otherwise defeats Sheamus every chance he gets, and on Smackdown, the Lucha Dragons pinned New Day, and Ambrose/Reigns cleanly beat Sheamus/Owens in a tag. Ugh.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

smackdown's pretaped so some people watch the international version before it airs here, a tiny handful of people watch it live, and the rest of us just discuss it in the spoilers thread

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alain Post posted:

At this point I'm just pretending it doesn't exist until it moves to USA.

what kind of cable package gets you USA but not Syfy

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I don't have any cable package but they're not going to actually put any effort into the show until it moves to USA.

I have bad news for you, my friend

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wwe can't make an episode of raw matter, but no, i'm sure once their b-show moves networks they'll suddenly spring into gear

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

between ufc 194 tonight and takeover this wednesday at least it'll be bookended by two awesome events

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

There was a hilarious b-league MMA event that ended a few hours ago

I always miss this poo poo

we need to set up some sort of alert system for stupid MMA bullshit because this forum is the only place you get to hear about it. moat fights, boat fights, obstacle course fights, all that poo poo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

well there's zero chance that TLC lives up to UFC 194, holy gently caress

then again if they decide to copy UFC and have Roman beat Sheamus in 10 seconds that would be a pretty loving cool main event

e: McGregor talking about how he wants to hold the featherweight belt while competing in lightweight has me more excited than any angle the WWE has ever presented

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 13, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Efexeye posted:

i think bad day is the new day jumping the shark

nah, it was just them extending a little goofing on twitter to tv

doubt they do anything much with it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Efexeye posted:

its nearly impossible not to enjoy a live show if you arent a workrate sperg or something

yeah. even when it's poo poo you don't have to listen to the announcers and can do dumb chants and get more beer

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I got more hosed up than I meant to watching ufc last night so now I'm thinking about watching tlc sober

Maybe it would be easier to just not watch it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I like that you're saying this before it becomes statistically wrong when we reach the 3rd bad Rumble in a row next month

rumble 2015 had cena/lesnar/rollins though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TLC 2015 GDT: There will be matches. People will watch. People will complain.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

aw, I like Rich

maybe he'll replace King or Booker but somehow I doubt it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns would be a good match imo

Joe pulled a 4* match out of Corbin in Brooklyn (I think Meltz gave it like a 3* but I think he is wrong :colbert:) so yeah I bet he could do something great with Roman

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

keevo posted:

loving Kalisto though...

Kalisto is one of my fav wrestlers ever and tonight really cemented that poo poo

however!

I hope he doesn't do anything that stupid ever again in his career

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHf--e8wdhU
Look at Young Boy Tom spreading his legs to make himself shorter :lol:

this is awesome

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

uhh can we talk about what's going on in the bottom of this poster

are those supposed to be... statues? because they look like untextured poser models

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Slammy categories are up http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-14/slammy-awards-2015-voting-28352290

I'm pasting them here because wwe.com is a bad website and doesn't have a single page view. You vote for any of them using hashtags, as WWE.com says:

quote:

You can cast your votes tonight on your favorite social media platform. Just post your vote using the category’s official hashtag, along with your selected nominee (limit one vote per day per category). For example, if Savio Vega was on the current roster and he was your pick as Superstar of the Year, your social media post might look something like this:

I choose Savio Vega as 2015’s #SUPERSTAR of the Year! #Slammy

First, you can vote for literally any superstar to be Superstar of the Year using the hashtag #SUPERSTAR. Let's go Cesaro.

#rivalry of the year

quote:

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs. Rusev
Team Bella vs. Team B.A.D. vs. PCB
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

#doublecross of the year

quote:

Jon Stewart costs John Cena the U.S. Title at SummerSlam
Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins (Raw, March 9, 2015)
Paige attacks Charlotte and Becky Lynch (Raw, Oct. 26)
Stardust turns on Goldust on Raw (Raw, Feb. 16)
Damien Mizdow eliminates The Miz from the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania

#surprisereturn of the year

quote:

Chris Jericho joins forces with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose at Night of Champions
The Dudley Boyz return to WWE on Raw (Raw, Aug. 24)
Sting returns, posing as Seth Rollins’ statue, and attacks The Architect (Raw, Aug. 24)
Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter return to WWE at Hell in a Cell
Demon Kane returns to prevent Sheamus from cashing in his Money in the Bank contract and attacks Seth Rollins at Night of Champions

Best Original #wwenetworkshow

quote:

Breaking Ground
Table For 3
Stone Cold Podcast
WWE 24
Swerved

#tagteam of the year

quote:

The New Day
The Usos
The Prime Time Players
Tyson Kidd & Cesaro
The Lucha Dragons

#hashtag of the year (no, really)

quote:

#GiveDivasAChance
#SaveTheTables
#AxelMania
#RKOOUTTANOWHERE
#SuplexCity

#celebrity moment of the year

quote:

Stephen Amell dives onto Stardust at SummerSlam
The cast of “Entourage” introduces Zack Ryder (Raw, May 25)
Kevin Owens powerbombs Machine Gun Kelly off the stage (Raw, June 15)
Jon Stewart gets involved in John Cena’s match at SummerSlam
Wayne Rooney slaps King Barrett on Raw (Raw, Nov. 9)

#tellme You Didn't Just Say That moment of the year

quote:

Dean Ambrose calls Seth Rollins “Justin Bieber” on Raw (Raw, May 25)
Seth Rollins calls Johnny Manziel “Johnny Idiot Face” (Raw, June 15)
Brock Lesnar coins “Suplex City” at WrestleMania
Seth Rollins disses Kane while celebrating The Authority’s WrestleMania accomplishments (Raw, April 6)
Paige spoils Charlotte’s Divas Championship celebration (Raw, Sept. 21)

Best John Cena #usopenchallenge (aka the "anyone but Ziggler" category)

quote:

John Cena vs. Cesaro (Raw, July 6)
John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler (Raw, Oct. 12)
John Cena vs. Sami Zayn (Raw, May 4)
John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose (Raw, March 30)
John Cena vs. Neville (Raw, May 11)

The following categories will be voted on during next week's Raw (which I guess is also the Slammys):

quote:

Match of the Year
WWE Diva of the Year
Breakout Star of the Year
LOL Moment of the Year
Extreme Moment of the Year
“This is Awesome” Moment of the Year
The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year
The Hero in All of Us Award, presented by Coca-Cola

I don't know why I bothered typing this up and hate myself and this company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Wow most of those categories really drive home what a poo poo year this has been. Also having people vote via hashtags is the most pathetic thing.

the social media guidelines are real loving good too http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-14/slammy-awards-2015-terms-conditions-28371950

what a poo poo platform to use for voting and also so obviously opaque that they can make up whatever results they want, nice

• Locked thread