Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

of course michael cole doesn't know yeezus smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

somebody has reminded me at least twice in the past week that kane/ryback was a match last tlc(and stairs) and I still refuse to believe that happened

at least I remember how bad the stairs match was and how lethal lou carper's only match as ic champ looked

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

remember when roman reigns poisoned stephanie mcmahon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this was like a month after I started watching

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

No because that was Vickie.

That was worse because it led to her getting thrown into a kiddie pool full of feces and fired, though.

the video's on this page you can watch the hero roman reigns poison stephanie mcmahon's coffee, causing her to cartoonishly projectile vomits onto vickie guerrero

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please stop making fun of the deaf girl's promos

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

becky lynch is a really loving good wrestler

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

she also doesn't sound deaf when she's not acting goofy and playing up her accent

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I hope brie bella squashes her like she did charlotte

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I liked when she called Charlotte a oval office

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Sasha vs. Becky will be on the preshow

man

well they're kind of learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

surf rock posted:

Ever since that Max Landis "Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" video rekindled my interest in wrestling for the first time since I was a kid in the '90s, I've been watching PPVs (no Raws, nobody's got time for that) and listening to the #how2wrestling podcast. I think I've got the basic gist of what's happening.

Thoughts coming out of last night's TLC show and the last few PPVs:

- Folks I think are flat-out boring: Del Rio, Barrett, the non-Bray Wyatts, Rusev, Ryback and Jack Swagger. Sadly, the Dudleys and Big Show are both in this group at this point, as well.

- Folks I think are getting wasted: Dean Ambrose (feels like he could be a Stone Cold-lite), Tyler Breeze (fun, different kind of heel), Becky Lynch (fun, should team up with Bayley from NXT from the sound of it), Bray Wyatt (somehow stays interesting despite constantly losing in important matches), Titus O'Neil (dude looks like he could bench-press a truck).

- New Day is incredible and easily the best thing in each of these shows.

- Why would you make Charlotte a heel? She looks like a goddamn cheerleader and is the daughter of a beloved legend, I'm predisposed to like her, especially in comparison to the Bellas. Why are none of the important female wrestlers allowed to stay a clear face or heel?

- Paige is alright, although apparently she never wins, either. She's like a Wyatt sister in that respect, I guess.

- The clips I've seen of AJ Lee and CM Punk make me wish they were still around, both seem like rock stars compared to the current roster.

- I don't understand why Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens are such fan favorites. I get liking them (they've got some personality and Owens is weirdly athletic), but not to the extent that the crowds seem to love them.

- What am I supposed to think about Roman? It feels like he's supposed to be the new Austin, but there's way too many other things going in (constantly losing, making childish jokes, hanging on to the Shield stuff) that distracts from the anti-authority badass angle. He's got a pretty good look overall, though, and his moves are well-suited to big spots. I did like the show's finish, I just wish it were faster-paced and either Ambrose came out to help him (he's supposed to be a crazy guy, right?) or Triple H brought a few jobbers out with him to get destroyed with the chair, too. Judging from reactions here, though, adult fans are poisoned against him at this point so it doesn't matter what they do.

- The Ascension looks so dumb. I'm assuming they're not ever supposed to win matches. This also applies to the Usos. The luchadores also are never supposed to win matches either, I guess, but they don't look quite as dumb and they're willing to murder themselves to mildly injure their opponents, so I guess that's something. I suppose what I'm saying is that New Day has zero competition for best tag team.

- There are a lot of guys (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, Neville, Zack Ryder) whom I know literally nothing about despite watching every PPV this year since Wrestlemania.

- Sheamus is a pretty steep downgrade from Seth Rollins. That said, goddamn man.

- Why don't faces ever run out to help each other anymore? Seems like you could easily take one of the fan-favorite midcarders with wrestling ability and push him over by just having him come out to help the good guys getting beat up by a heel stable. Do that for a couple of months and you've got a good thing going.

- Triple H oversold this one.

Watch nxt

• Locked thread