Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Delsaber posted:

WWE is The Room.

Oh hi, marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are they really trying to do heel/heel with Charlotte and Paige? I know WWE's stance on women is that they all hate each other, but Becky is clearly a face in this angle where she doesn't even have a match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

WWE Superstar Tater Tot found dead today at the senseless age of 83.

He was delicious.

oatgan posted:

roman reigns problem is that he isn't believable. Nothing he says sounds like something he would or should say. He comes off like a guy playing a role and not a genuine person. Say what you will about John Cena but if they gave him that material last night I would believe that John Cena thinks Sheamus has tiny shriveled balls. Roman needs to either find his voice as a performer or protect himself and tear up the awful scripts they give him

Or die
This exactly. As goofy and stale as Cena is while acting like an 8 year old, I buy it as part of his personality. Roman not only can't act, but he sounds completely phony, AND he stumbles or outright forgets what he's supposed to say. Although, tearing up lovely scripts implies Roman can come up with something on the fly, and he's visibly demonstrated many times that he can't ad-lib worth poo poo. WWE's top guy needs to be absolutely 100% confident and believe what he's saying, and Roman is shaky at best.

I hope the Rumble gets poo poo on for the third straight year. If not the Rumble itself, the title match should at least get the Orton/Cena treatment.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

As it should be. I would sincerely say Rhyno is better than Roman in every way except possibly look, which is entirely dependant on what role you're trying to fill, pitting sexy cool daddy vs walking fridge gonna gently caress you up. Rhyno is a better wrestler, is specifically better at doing Roman's moves than Roman is, and on average is the better promo.

The thing is, Reigns should be booked as "walking fridge gonna gently caress you up". He's not quite stocky or thick enough for it, but being an Anoa'i he really only has to wait a few years for his gut and rear end to fill out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's unfortunate that WWE driving away casual fans won't make them go watch LU or NJPW, and instead will turn them off of wrestling altogether.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Becky would think this conversation is dizgoostin'.

https://vine.co/v/eaTb2dw63wF

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
New Day shouldn't stop at jumping the shark. They should jump all the sharks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zyla posted:

have hunico disappear on a raft and push Kalisto as the reincarnation of Rey

Sin Cara should be the revolving door partner for every incoming luchador until they're big enough to go off on their own.

Hunico's a solid hand but doesn't do much to stand out, so a lucha mentor role would be good for him. They've actually pretty consistently been protecting Kalisto, like how he managed to beat Ryback in the title tournament and then looked really good in the next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they pulled a HBK/Taker, where Roman enters the Rumble early and fights through a bunch of people, then gets eliminated and his dream dies and he throws a tantrum. Then to destroy the heat and totally throw away what made HBK/Taker work, Reigns gets the belt at Fastlane a few weeks later.

• Locked thread