Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Since it's been spamming the Steam thread, here's a thread for it: I fed a couple thousand Steam game descriptions into a Markov chain program and put it on the internet. Basically, it mixes every Steam game description in a bowl and we see what comes out! Fun for the whole family.

http://indiegamegenerator.azurewebsites.net/

quote:

As member of a wizard from a horrifying evil that has become a Poker Superstar. Across all dimensions the only way of life.

quote:

Todd Rex wants YOUR steak. .includes an exclusive fraternity that moves catlike in the year 2014 as he explores a richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created.

quote:

Swipecart is a romance mystery visual novel that tells the story by the US Army are getting involved. That challenges solo players to construct your own taxi cab company by hiring drivers upgrading vehicles and much more.

quote:

The local multi-player space narwhal fighting game where you will play through over one hundred single player game from the outbreak of the protagonist tries to find out more about her family but it will be loaded by a story of CLANNAD to date with NBA 2K16. When it comes to Steam.

quote:

The Souths economy becomes dependent on trade with Europe. Good luck writing the steam description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aaaaaand it's fried. :rip:

e: Un-fried!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Someone Awful! posted:

ngl i kind of want to see a game jam based off this thing

Someone suggested sending it to the Ludum Dare people but I don't know them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'm gonna add the killer feature later this week: a would play/wouldn't play voting feature. Then it'll break through into the mainstream :shepface:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Playstation 4 posted:

This is just literally loving insanity.

I can't set the consistency on the Markov system any lower without it becoming completely incoherent. This is 3. It literally won't let you set it to 0, 1, or 2.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

xutech posted:

Mass Vector. Line Of Defense MMO in which you are the flags.

This would probably be an improvement over Line of Defense.

Also I've updated the thing with shareable links and EVERY DATING SIM ON STEAM.

http://indiegamegenerator.azurewebsites.net/desc/13

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Clyfe posted:

DINOSAURS. Three young entrepreneurs discover the manor’s secrets and ultimately escape from a 1960s Rock and Roll themed arcade cabinet.

This would be a really fun Photoshop contest wouldn't it?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BiggerJ posted:

You mentioned in another thread that you added descriptions from the top and bottom popular/rated games. I haven't seen any other mentions of that; is that true (also, you said top and bottom 800 but the site only had 1400 at the time, not 1600)?

Also, I noticed you went out of your way to add every dating sim - could you please add a dating sim only mode, and add new dating sims as they're inevitably released?

I sorted the Steam store by user ratings and I'm working my way down the list of best-rated games and up the list of least-popular games. I've added 800 in each direction so far plus everything tagged "dating sim" or "visual novel."

There's not very many dating sims but I could add a separate dating sim only mode pretty easily.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Doublepost: maybe add a quick share function to copy-paste something like

Yeah, I added that. One for SA and one that makes Twitter-sized copy-pastes that appears once you save an entry.

I also added a dating sim-only mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I forgot all about this thing :lol:

quote:

TRUST NO ONE BUT YOURSELF as you put together the ultimate hunter: a vampire. Let’s Sing: The Karaoke for PC and Xbox 360 that casts up to 20-30 hours of addictive gameplay and slice into 60 fun-sized missions.

• Locked thread