Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SA_General/games/?tab=all&sort=name

I have all these terrible games, and yet I never actually play games, because I have too many to choose from and spend my time reading the list. What game should I be playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I don't give a poo poo OP. Topic locked.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Harsh but fair.

Dec 26, 2012

play more shadowrun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>Cave Story - 1.5 hrs
>Clicker Heroes - 379 hrs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

I don't give a poo poo OP. Topic locked.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I wanted to post this yesterday but I couldn't find a suitable thread, so I'll just use this one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

none of the wojacks are happy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff (Plutonis Console Wars Remix).mp3

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>Cave Story - 1.5 hrs

This should be bannable.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Go play Machinarium, OP. It's nice.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>Cave Story - 1.5 hrs

Just kept it running 24/7. So it was only 2 or 3 weeks of clicking a few things when I woke up and before bed.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

Go play Machinarium, OP. It's nice.

Almost 400mb? What the gently caress. This better be good.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I feel this is a pixel hunt. Kinda in the same vein as the xfiles game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The General posted:

I have all these terrible games, and yet I never actually play games, because I have too many to choose from and spend my time reading the list. What game should I be playing?

You should do some soul searching and ask yourself how you ever got to this point,.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Why not just play another 90 hours of FTL?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Op, we're not here to tell you what game to play. You need to make your own decisions.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I have a lot of trouble with this because of good game glut and it being easier to just play familiar and doubtlessly terrible poo poo for forty more hours than do something new. Maybe it's brain disease anyways let me help you with what works for me, pick a game that looks good to you, and play it for around five hours collectively and only that game no matter what. that part is important.

I feel like this is fair because it reigns in the adhd but is also a reasonable investment to either be hooked on the game or genuinely not interested in it. You have to make the decision for yourself as to what game though that's important too, just pick a genre if a specific game is too hard and then go with something random on your list. I hope this helps OP don't stress gaming is meant to be fun, and a list of games shouldn't feel like a list of chores.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

if only Steam had a "play random game in my library" button

I guess you could just close your eyes and click, let the fates decide, for good or ill

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I can't even right now

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ugh I bought all these terrible games and now cant decide what to play. look at all these fail rear end games I bought with money welp which one do I waste my time on :rolleyes:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I just wish steam had a feature like where it wouldrandmly select a game and force me to play it. like steam could just strap me to my computer chair a la a clockwork orange and just rewire my brain and personality to like it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

apropos to nothing posted:

I just wish steam had a feature like where it wouldrandmly select a game and force me to play it. like steam could just strap me to my computer chair a la a clockwork orange and just rewire my brain and personality to like it

hmmmmm... intriguing :raise:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I haven't got to play it but metal gear solid 5 looked decent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You gotta figure this out for yourself

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

The General posted:

I feel this is a pixel hunt. Kinda in the same vein as the xfiles game.

it's an adventure game. there are puzzles, and pleasant music and animations in a hand-drawn style.

I don't know what the xfiles game is.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dota 2

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The General posted:

Library: 246 games
Wishlist: 156 games
Games played for more than an afternoon: Like 12

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Collecting games on Steam is the penultimate metagame. The next tier in logical progression is to collect Steam accounts

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

it's an adventure game. there are puzzles, and pleasant music and animations in a hand-drawn style.

I don't know what the xfiles game is.

There was an x-files adventure game and it was basically slowly move your cursor over every part of the screen to find what you needed.

Machinarium suffers from serious adventure game design problems. Most notably puzzles make no loving sense and there's no clues (aside from the hint button/cheat sheet game). The art is pretty sweet though.

Basically I've bought a bunch of bundles with 10+ games, and only 1 game I'd consider playing in them. Then never played the 1 game I wanted to play. This is the travesty of bundles.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>Cave Story - 1.5 hrs

what the gently caress

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Library: 246 games
Wishlist: 156 games
Games played for more than an afternoon: Like 12

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Romancing the Stone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344810 This looks epic OP. Play this and let me know how it is.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I recommend dark souls, trust me, it's good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I recommend dark souls, trust me, it's good

Nah.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Jerkops posted:

if only Steam had a "play random game in my library" button

I guess you could just close your eyes and click, let the fates decide, for good or ill

close enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

• Locked thread