Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Jet Set Radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Jet Set Radio

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Don't own it :( might "play" machinarium through in the same way I played grim fandango. Walk through at my side.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The General posted:

Don't own it :( might "play" machinarium through in the same way I played grim fandango. Walk through at my side.

Pussy bitch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you have Borderlands 2 you should definitely play that. No! The original Borderlands

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I beat Myst without one. The puzzles in that are logical. Grim, and many others are obtuse with rear end backwards solutions. There should be intuitive solutions not just click on everything looking for that pixel you missed or trail and erroring a solution.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The General posted:

I beat Myst without one. The puzzles in that are logical. Grim, and many others are obtuse with rear end backwards solutions. There should be intuitive solutions not just click on everything looking for that pixel you missed or trail and erroring a solution.

youre retarded

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Machinarium has a built-in hint system though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if youre just gonna open a walkthrough as you open the game maybe dont play it

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Machinarium has a built-in hint system though.

Doesn't excuse lazy design of puzzles.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey you little piece of poo poo that has the steam name of SA General, your already on thin ice in this forum due to your avatar, clan tag and user name on Steam, so why don't you just do what I said and play Total Extreme Wrestling and let me know how it is. God drat... Not that hard of a concept.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will after work. I did dick around with it for a bit. I do feel there is a rewarding experience locked away behind the horrors of amateur hour ui and programming. I'm willing to bet the documentation isn't much better. Here's hoping. Will post pics at some point.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
uhhhhhh have you actually not played bastion my dude

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

klapman posted:

Bastion is AIDS out of a donkey's rear end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I like it but thats just the kind of guy I am.. a little AIDS a little something else.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

klapman posted:

Actually I've beaten it on Xbox. Fantastic game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i beat machinarium without a walkthrough or using the hint system and im a dumb rear end fail retard with 1500 hours in counter strike

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Wormskull posted:

did you catch a glimpse of it on your way out? :twisted:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i beat machinarium without a walkthrough or using the hint system and im a dumb rear end fail retard with 1500 hours in counter strike

Maybe it's designed for autists?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The General posted:

Maybe it's designed for autists?

it should be right up your alley then op

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
op have you played undertale?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't like Machinariums story or atmosphere very much because I have brain aids but its not hard at all OP. Maybe dont be a pussy and just play the $2 adventure game you almost definitely have sitting in your Humble Bundle account somewhere

The General
Mar 4, 2007

December Octopodes posted:

op have you played undertale?

I do not own it. I don't really need to add more games. If it's ever in a bundle I get , I'll check it out.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Card City Nights is pretty fun if you like card games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I like the music, and the gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Having played it before I had played a Ys game though, it's basically an easier Ys game with a narrator. So if you liked Bastion, check out Ys Oath in Felghana OP.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I like the music, and the gameplay.

I did not like the weapon introduction levels whatsoever, but everything else was sweet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bastion is great because it's an action RPG not dragged down by an awful random loot system.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bastion deserves a playthrough for the visuals/music alone. I found the combat a bit lacking but it's not a particularly challenging game, so it doesn't matter that much.

Anyway, why are we continuing to try to help the OP? He is beyond hope.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Having played it before I had played a Ys game though, it's basically an easier Ys game with a narrator. So if you liked Bastion, check out Ys Oath in Felghana OP.
I actually enjoyed Ys 7 more than Oath myself. They're both excellent games though.

EDIT: 7 isn't on Steam though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is 7 the only one without a remake or rerelease?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah it looks like 5 and 7 are the only ones

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all the ys pc ports are like 10 years old so new games probably wont get ports as no one at falcom knows how to make pc games anymore, this is the actual reason given why trails of cold steel is ps3/psp and not pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys 8 on PS4 is going to be epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also weird that there was a Ys MMO. Who could possibly care enough about Ys Lore to play that when every game takes place like 4000 years before or after all the other ones and there's no way the MMO played like an actual Ys game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I care about the Ys lore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Give me a rundown. I've beaten 1, 2, 3, 4 and am working on Origins and don't know what the story is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Give me a rundown. I've beaten 1, 2, 3, 4 and am working on Origins and don't know what the story is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fZOLkfbnM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's also weird that there was a Ys MMO. Who could possibly care enough about Ys Lore to play that when every game takes place like 4000 years before or after all the other ones and there's no way the MMO played like an actual Ys game.

I think its funny that so many Japanese companies do this with their franchises. It's like if CoD4 was a Napoleonic war game, but then MW2 was still the next sequel

• Locked thread