Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SA_General/games/?tab=all&sort=name

I have all these terrible games, and yet I never actually play games, because I have too many to choose from and spend my time reading the list. What game should I be playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Harsh but fair.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>Cave Story - 1.5 hrs
>Clicker Heroes - 379 hrs

Just kept it running 24/7. So it was only 2 or 3 weeks of clicking a few things when I woke up and before bed.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

Go play Machinarium, OP. It's nice.

Almost 400mb? What the gently caress. This better be good.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I feel this is a pixel hunt. Kinda in the same vein as the xfiles game.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

it's an adventure game. there are puzzles, and pleasant music and animations in a hand-drawn style.

I don't know what the xfiles game is.

There was an x-files adventure game and it was basically slowly move your cursor over every part of the screen to find what you needed.

Machinarium suffers from serious adventure game design problems. Most notably puzzles make no loving sense and there's no clues (aside from the hint button/cheat sheet game). The art is pretty sweet though.

Basically I've bought a bunch of bundles with 10+ games, and only 1 game I'd consider playing in them. Then never played the 1 game I wanted to play. This is the travesty of bundles.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Don't own it :( might "play" machinarium through in the same way I played grim fandango. Walk through at my side.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I beat Myst without one. The puzzles in that are logical. Grim, and many others are obtuse with rear end backwards solutions. There should be intuitive solutions not just click on everything looking for that pixel you missed or trail and erroring a solution.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Machinarium has a built-in hint system though.

Doesn't excuse lazy design of puzzles.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will after work. I did dick around with it for a bit. I do feel there is a rewarding experience locked away behind the horrors of amateur hour ui and programming. I'm willing to bet the documentation isn't much better. Here's hoping. Will post pics at some point.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

klapman posted:

uhhhhhh have you actually not played bastion my dude

Actually I've beaten it on Xbox. Fantastic game.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i beat machinarium without a walkthrough or using the hint system and im a dumb rear end fail retard with 1500 hours in counter strike

Maybe it's designed for autists?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

December Octopodes posted:

op have you played undertale?

I do not own it. I don't really need to add more games. If it's ever in a bundle I get , I'll check it out.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am going through and giving TES a serious go. I have opted for an all canadian pro wrestling club. Good news, we have an F rating in the Maritimes.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

i do not take screen shots of games ever

edit: I dont really play games, just pretend to.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My computer just had a forced reboot. Usually I have 20 tabs open. It takes take to build up interesting stuff, as I am not really all that interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You should re-evaluate your diet.

• Locked thread