Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You gotta figure this out for yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bastion is AIDS out of a donkey's rear end.

I like the music, and the gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Having played it before I had played a Ys game though, it's basically an easier Ys game with a narrator. So if you liked Bastion, check out Ys Oath in Felghana OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is 7 the only one without a remake or rerelease?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah it looks like 5 and 7 are the only ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys 8 on PS4 is going to be epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also weird that there was a Ys MMO. Who could possibly care enough about Ys Lore to play that when every game takes place like 4000 years before or after all the other ones and there's no way the MMO played like an actual Ys game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Give me a rundown. I've beaten 1, 2, 3, 4 and am working on Origins and don't know what the story is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

COD jumps timeframes fairly often

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Ys please!
                                                    /

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my goodness!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that they've been making Ys games for like 30 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyways sorry for hijacking your bad thread OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys games are pretty tough. The final boss in Oath is a real hard rear end and I didn't play on even the remotely highest difficulty setting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Origin and it's pretty cool. Idk if I like the idea of just one tower, but they've managed to make the different areas have unique art design

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5 and 7 are PSP games right? Are they on the PSN store for Vita?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*mentally adds Ys 7 to my holiday travel list*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IV had a sequel where it was revealed every FF game takes place on its own planet and the bad guy in the FFIV sequel took control of their orbits and slammed all of them together to destroy all the past present and futures of every FF game made to that point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why is this thread 4 pages. Ban the op.

It turned into a Ys thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the combat in Transistor was at least unique kinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember the last boss being cool and then thinking it would have been cooler if that was just the midway point and then all the enemies started acting like that

• Locked thread